Arizona Sheriff's against SB1070

27 May 2010 11:43 #21 by Grady

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote: If you look they are members of 'Progressive Law Enforcement'. I hardly take them serious.

They are the elected sheriff's of Pheonix and Tucson! You don't take them seriously?

Do you take most people in our elected government serious?

With all due respect, compared to you I think the local sherrifs are experts on this particular subject.

Let’s make sure we have the facts straight. That’s one sheriff, the sheriff of Pima County and the Mayor or Phoenix making those statements. All the other Sheriffs in Arizona seem to like the law, especially Sheriff Arpaio who is the sheriff of Maricopa County which includes the City of Phoenix. Oh and BTW “

The mayor does not have the full support of the city council with his lawsuit

.” I bet come the next election for Mayor of Phoenix he’s looking for another job. That is unless he can get enough illegals to vote for him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2010 11:44 #22 by The Viking

Rockdoc wrote: Elected or non-elected is irrelevant. Crossing a boarder illegaly is a criminal act. It is a law of our country. Are police and security agents not charged with upholding the laws of the land, in addition to local laws? Is the sherif telling us he is unwilling to enforce a federal law? Do law enforcement people not assist government in apprehending fugitives? Of course they do, so citing it's a federal issue is hiding behind the skirt of his personal beliefs... more to the point likely protecting and assisting fellow members of his heritage.

Through his words (if they are his words) the sherif clearly needs an education. Race is not determined by skin color. He clearly does not understand the law either. People of brown skin are not supposed to be stopped without proper cause. Color of skin does not equate to proper cause, but a traffic violation does provide cause.

Arabs are also have brown skin as do many other nationalities. Given our poor boarder security with Mexico, brown-skinned al-Qaeda types are going to take advantage of America's achilles heal. I take it he would not stop them from crossing the boarder illegally because they have brown skin?

Elected or appointed makes no difference. Given his remarks, he is not doing the job he was sworn to do and that is the bottom line.

And those Nazi comparisons are ill advised. They only highlight your ignorance of what really went on there. If that were an accurate comparison, SS type people would be knocking on doors at all hours of the day because you were Mexican. You would be asked to come with them and likely not heard from again. I do not think SB1070 is even remotely similar.

Very well put and I couldn't have said it any better myself! :thumbsup:

27 May 2010 11:59 #23 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote: I'll take the Sheriffs opinions of yours and Vikings everyday of the week. The police have more important crimes to fight..Yes it's a crime, but so is jaywalking.

And pray tell what are those more important crimes that take all their time? Jaywalking and illegal entry into the country hardly qualifies as correlative in importance.

You certainly are entitled to your choice of opinions. Personally, I'd rather make an informed decision than an emotional one. The way I see it, support for the sheriff's opinion, equates to making a mockery out of America as well as every immigrant who sacrificed to be in this country legally.

27 May 2010 12:41 #24 by The Viking

Rockdoc wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: I'll take the Sheriffs opinions of yours and Vikings everyday of the week. The police have more important crimes to fight..Yes it's a crime, but so is jaywalking.

And pray tell what are those more important crimes that take all their time? Jaywalking and illegal entry into the country hardly qualifies as correlative in importance.

You certainly are entitled to your choice of opinions. Personally, I'd rather make an informed decision than an emotional one. The way I see it, support for the sheriff's opinion, equates to making a mockery out of America as well as every immigrant who sacrificed to be in this country legally.

:agree: I need to buy you a drink when you get back in town! :party

28 May 2010 02:52 #25 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Arizona Sheriff's against SB1070

Rockdoc wrote:

You certainly are entitled to your choice of opinions. Personally, I'd rather make an informed decision than an emotional one.

Right, no ones getting emotional- and i'm saying the Sherriff who lives and works in Arizona, and is the Sherriff is infinately more informed on this subject than and an old message boarder from Conifer Colorado.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free and clean our toilets!" I say

28 May 2010 03:13 #26 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote:

Rockdoc wrote:

You certainly are entitled to your choice of opinions. Personally, I'd rather make an informed decision than an emotional one.

Right, no ones getting emotional- and i'm saying the Sherriff who lives and works in Arizona, and is the Sherriff is infinately more informed on this subject than and an old message boarder from Conifer Colorado.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free and clean our toilets!" I say

You certainly have a way with words. You have no idea who I am other from what you perceive here. Those ."..tired, poor, ... yearning to breath free and clean our toilets" are part of my past. Been there and done that. Given my first-hand experience, I do know a hell of a lot more about that than I suspect you do.

Your animated response certainly points to emotions, not critical thinking. I see no solid information in your posts, only a vitriolic diatribe. Tell me what specifically makes the Sheriff such a well-informed individual. Show me how his view accurately relates to SB1070. Give me something to evaluate, not some ideology you cling to. I'm a scientist so I don;t live in a fairytail world. Hard facts is what I deal with. Show me information that points to problems with my view and I'll be the first to acknowledge them, but do not expect intimidation and insults to work on me. I've stood up to far more important people on the basis of facts. I may be "old" in your view, but then again your judgment and condemnation are a quick emotional response not an educated one.

28 May 2010 03:37 - 28 May 2010 03:43 #27 by UNDER MODERATION
What the H E Double Hockey Sticks are you doing up at 3:34 in the morning! I'm retired, I can stay up as late as I want, but what are you doing up now?

Look all I was saying is that if you want to know whats going on in a Bronco game, and you can ask a player or coach thats actually on the field or a goofball up in the section 521, who you gonna ask? Who's opinion would carry more weight? Don't get sensitive- I'm goin with the Sheriffs opinion

28 May 2010 03:39 #28 by UNDER MODERATION
I gotta go to bed..I got a 7am tee time..We will rejoin this discussion later....

And BTW- I'm very important-

28 May 2010 04:40 - 28 May 2010 04:54 #29 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote: What the H E Double Hockey Sticks are you doing up at 3:34 in the morning! I'm retired, I can stay up as late as I want, but what are you doing up now?

Look all I was saying is that if you want to know whats going on in a Bronco game, and you can ask a player or coach thats actually on the field or a goofball up in the section 521, who you gonna ask? Who's opinion would carry more weight? Don't get sensitive- I'm goin with the Sheriffs opinion

I'm working but have a day off.

I'll try not to get sensitive or let myself become less than civil. I understand your logic, but to my way of thinking it contains two flaw. First, is the unsaid assumption that another person is not equally well informed. It could be that that individual is a consultant to the Broncos playbook development (perhaps not realistic, but still possible). Second, just because he is a broncos player or coach does not automatically equate to understanding what is going on, though they ought to know a little more than a goofball. Certainly, if you chose a goofball for comparison, then your statement is a self-fulfilling prophesy. But, as I pointed out, the guy in section 521 may not be the goofball you assume him to be. I certainly see this in my own field of work. There are geologists who know what is going on in a project and can offer intelligent insights and others who are our to lunch, this after having it explained to them. The same holds true for law enforcement people. That is simply the way I think, always seeing exceptions and other possibilities. You may be right that this Sheriff knows the score. But from my understanding (derived directly from the author of the law) and the statements made by the Sheriff, there is a huge discrepancy. I acknowledge that we only get a news report on the Sheriff's story and who knows what he actually said. I was not there, so I can not be entirely sure the news reported it accurately without bias and leave that door open as a possibility for error correction.

I'm not here to try and change your mind. That is not going to happen. I simply am here to acknowledge that we can agree to disagree. Our thought and evaluation processes are different and that is OK too. That is part of what makes us unique.

I appreciate the tone of your last post much more than the previous one. Thank you.

I do have many questions. One in particular is trying to understand the factors that shaped your personality. You have some very strong opinions that clash with those of the Viking as well as a number of others. We also disagree on this topic. I also see decisive action to dominate, not without the risk of stepping on others.

I know I am the product of my experiences and fundamental personality. As you so astutely pointed out, I have been around a while now plus I have traveled far and wide, so that has given me ample opportunity for many life experiences. Consider the above idle curiosity. Clearly you have made something of yourself, so there is considerable talent on some front. Many others here have considerable talent as well, albite different from yours. I shall try and appreciate and acknowledge those talents. Doing so costs me nothing and gives me pleasure in having given it voice.

28 May 2010 04:46 #30 by Rockdoc

Vice Lord wrote: I gotta go to bed..I got a 7am tee time..We will rejoin this discussion later....

And BTW- I'm very important-

Don't let me keep you up. I do not want to be blamed for your poor play should it happen. lol Enjoy your match.

We are all important to someone or something. So what makes you so very important? You clearly want me to know or you would not have brought it up. Remember, I deal in facts, making observations and bringing clarity to problems others fail to handle, that is what makes me so damn important to my clients.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds