Another attack on gun owners

27 Aug 2010 18:05 #31 by Wayne Harrison
haha, it wasn't the Democrats who caused that panic... it was the right-wing bloggers who predicted one of the first things Obama would do as president would be to take away gun rights. It was funny to watch.

Signed, A Gun Owner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2010 18:05 #32 by Scruffy
The Democrats caused the fear? By doing what?

From what I remember, it was caused by conservative emails that were thrown around the internet stating that "Obama is gonna take your guns."

27 Aug 2010 18:19 #33 by LadyJazzer
No, the fear was whipped up by the right-wing that convinced a bunch of idiots that "Obama was coming for their guns." (And further perpetrated by the gun & ammunition makers, and the gun shops, as well as the NRA, to boost sales.) You can't blame Obama for your own paranoia.

27 Aug 2010 18:28 #34 by netdude

LadyJazzer wrote: No, the fear was whipped up by the right-wing that convinced a bunch of idiots that "Obama was coming for their guns." (And further perpetrated by the gun & ammunition makers, and the gun shops, as well as the NRA, to boost sales.) You can't blame Obama for your own paranoia.

And stupidity, oh and gullibility, oh and....

27 Aug 2010 18:44 #35 by Wayne Harrison

Nmysys wrote: How about the Democrats for causing the fear of losing our gun rights, in the first place!!

Would you listen to yourself for a moment? Why would Democrats even go around saying Obama was taking away gun rights?

27 Aug 2010 20:57 #36 by major bean

Local_Historian wrote: OK - to the heart of the topic-

What is the replacement material/metal?
What does this mean for people who load their own?
What does this mean for black powder folks, who make their own balls?
How about the military - are they changing too?

The very best alternative is bismuth. The atomic weight, balistics, and properties are extremely similar to lead. Bismuth is not toxic. (PeptoBismal, anyone?)

In my youth I was an avid waterfowl hunter and I used bismuth instead of lead or steel. Steel is a horrible substitue because of the balistics.
Birds will not recover from a wound of any kind to the air sacs under their skin, whether the wound was caused by lead, steel, or bismuth. Their ribs are immovable and do not expand and contract as mammals. Their breathing is the contracting of the air sacs under the skin and if punctured, they are fatally wounded.

I would definitely buy stock in bismuth mining companies.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Aug 2010 21:06 #37 by major bean
If you go down South and say that Democrats are not gun owners, you're likely to get shot!

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Aug 2010 22:21 #38 by Local_Historian
Thank you Bean.

Apparently someone has no clue what minie' balls are, or how a black powder musket uses a round "ball", or how easily they can be made out of lead. http://www.historynet.com/weaponry-the- ... i-ball.htm

I'm starting to think the Junior highs truly are allowing students too much free time in the computer labs.

28 Aug 2010 15:25 #39 by FredHayek
:crossed: It appears the EPA's attempts to ban lead ammunition went over like a lead ballon and the proposal has been tabled.
(I can't help the puns folks, it is a genetic curse.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Aug 2010 15:27 #40 by AspenValley
I can't say I disagree with this being tossed out.

But I still would like to see hunters and shooters take it on themselves to clean up their own stuff.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds