Another attack on gun owners

30 Aug 2010 13:52 #51 by EddieWess

AspenValley wrote:

Nmysys wrote: AV: I asked the question of you. I thought it was clear, my mistake.

I have no idea how Hillary Clinton or the U.N. have anything to do with anything I have said here or anywhere about my opinions on gun ownership.

Can you enlighten me?

Shhhhhhhhhh, I think they've gone away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2010 14:11 #52 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Another attack on gun owners
I agree with AV pick up after your selves and grab some of the garbage left by the a-holes. Leaving crap in the forest and shooting live trees is one of the quickest way to get an area closed off. Almost as fast as off roaders, 4X4s, Quads, dirt bikes going off trail will get an area closed off.

I have the perfect replacement for lead, depleted uranium. Now where is Noor when we need her ????? :Whistle

30 Aug 2010 14:46 #53 by FredHayek
Actually the UN small arms treaty could be used to prevent the import of small arms and ammunition into this country. And George H.W. Bush(Rino) did use an executive order to ban certain normal semi-auto weapons from being imported. And Bill Clinton also banned the importation of Chicom rifles, pistols, and ammunition, despite the 2nd Amendment. So who needs a UN treaty, presidents can ban firearms and ammo themselves.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Aug 2010 15:15 - 30 Aug 2010 15:29 #54 by BearMtnHIB

No, the fear was whipped up by the right-wing that convinced a bunch of idiots that "Obama was coming for their guns." (And further perpetrated by the gun & ammunition makers, and the gun shops, as well as the NRA, to boost sales.) You can't blame Obama for your own paranoia.

There is no "legal way around the 2nd Amendment" other than a further amendment to the Constitution that repeals or alters it, or a Supreme Court decision that radically reinterprets how the 2nd Amendment is to be applied.

I wish you folks on the left would stop trying to call everyone who cares about gun rights and "infringment" - paranoid. We have every reason not to trust the left - if it were up to the left they would completely strip the right away and you all know it!

We are not paranoid. We see all the laws that the left proposes- year after year to nibble away this right.

But you want to see how the government will take your guns just when you really need them? Take a look and see, then re-think your accusation of paranoia.

We have damn good reasons to be very concerned.
If we ever have an emergency and you need to defend yourself here's what is likely to happen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8&NR=1

30 Aug 2010 15:28 #55 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Another attack on gun owners
It is amazing how naive most people are. Those videos prove that innocent law abiding citizens have a right to be concerned. Thank you for posting them.

30 Aug 2010 15:44 #56 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: It is amazing how naive most people are. Those videos prove that innocent law abiding citizens have a right to be concerned. Thank you for posting them.

Those internet videos are absolute proof! You libs, go ahead and refudiate it!

30 Aug 2010 15:46 #57 by LadyJazzer
Oh darn... And here I am behind a firewall where I can't see them. I will CERTAINLY go look them up when I get home so I see the refudiation with my own eyes!

30 Aug 2010 17:15 #58 by PrintSmith

SS109 wrote: Luckily I bought cheap and stacked deep.

If the Republicans win back the House in Novemeber, expect the bureaucrats to make a bunch of new green regulations and for the White House to write executive orders.

That won't help you much SS109. Once the EPA issues its ban, all of the existing ammunition that has a lead core will be illegal to fire, just as all the existing lead paint had to be destroyed when the government decided that it was an environmental and health hazard to have lead in the paint.

Not to worry too much though, there are other cheap base metals, such as the zinc that is the primary base metal in all of our modern coins or the packed "non-toxic" metals that are used in frangible rounds. We'll probably end up with an alloy of non-toxic metals to replace the lead core. There are already a number of alternatives on the market, most of which yield a higher weight retention and a more predictable mushrooming, making them a more effective killing round for hunting than their lead core predecessors. I don't know what else we are going to use the most abundant metal for in the future though. It has been banned for use in paints, gasoline already with ammunition likely the next to fall prey to the progressive process of increasing the cost of anything their environmental wing can gin up an objection to. I can't believe that the lithium that is so prevalent in the batteries of today will have much of a shelf life once they turn their attention to finding it objectionable.

30 Aug 2010 18:57 #59 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote:

SS109 wrote: Luckily I bought cheap and stacked deep.

If the Republicans win back the House in Novemeber, expect the bureaucrats to make a bunch of new green regulations and for the White House to write executive orders.

That won't help you much SS109. Once the EPA issues its ban, all of the existing ammunition that has a lead core will be illegal to fire, just as all the existing lead paint had to be destroyed when the government decided that it was an environmental and health hazard to have lead in the paint.

Not to worry too much though, there are other cheap base metals, such as the zinc that is the primary base metal in all of our modern coins or the packed "non-toxic" metals that are used in frangible rounds. We'll probably end up with an alloy of non-toxic metals to replace the lead core. There are already a number of alternatives on the market, most of which yield a higher weight retention and a more predictable mushrooming, making them a more effective killing round for hunting than their lead core predecessors. I don't know what else we are going to use the most abundant metal for in the future though. It has been banned for use in paints, gasoline already with ammunition likely the next to fall prey to the progressive process of increasing the cost of anything their environmental wing can gin up an objection to. I can't believe that the lithium that is so prevalent in the batteries of today will have much of a shelf life once they turn their attention to finding it objectionable.

But of course the EPA refused to consider the petition by the five environmental groups. The EPA considered the subject matter to be out of it's jurisdiction and that it is barred by law from considering bans on ammunition. Once again, much ado about nothing.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

30 Aug 2010 22:59 #60 by FredHayek
The same EPA that is going after carbon dioxide? Seems they pick and choose what is in their control.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds