Another attack on gun owners

28 Aug 2010 15:33 #41 by dummy up
Let me get this straight, to save a few people a little $ . the rest of us need to pay for the clean up to preserve the 2nd. amendment? Nutbags one and all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2010 15:40 #42 by AspenValley
Freedom is really important to me, but I know it comes at a price. I'd like to see the freedom continue. Which is why I'm willing to pick up the garbage other people leave lying around who don't understand that freedom isn't free.

28 Aug 2010 15:49 #43 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Another attack on gun owners
Let me ask a simple question. Is Hillary Clinton a Democrat?

Hillary Clinton has talked openly about the U.N. treaty she wants us to be a part of which will take away our gun rights. As usual IMHO, an end run is easier than directly attacking the 2nd Amendment.

I cannot remember anyone on the right ever complaining about guns and trying to get rid of them. Can you?

28 Aug 2010 15:53 #44 by LadyJazzer
Jeez, take your "UN Takes away gun rights" outrage-of-the-day and stuff it. You're either a liar, or a complete nincompoop.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

This has been disproven as frequently as "Obama is a Muslim"; "Obama was born in Kenya", ad nauseum.

28 Aug 2010 15:57 - 28 Aug 2010 18:58 #45 by AspenValley

Nmysys wrote: Let me ask a simple question. Is Hillary Clinton a Democrat?

Hillary Clinton has talked openly about the U.N. treaty she wants us to be a part of which will take away our gun rights. As usual IMHO, an end run is easier than directly attacking the 2nd Amendment.

I cannot remember anyone on the right ever complaining about guns and trying to get rid of them. Can you?

Before I can answer this question I need to know who you are directing it at.

28 Aug 2010 17:34 #46 by Wayne Harrison

Nmysys wrote: I cannot remember anyone on the right ever complaining about guns and trying to get rid of them. Can you?

Yeah, actually I can.

[youtube:2q0y6bg6]
[/youtube:2q0y6bg6]

http://www.gunbanobama.com/

28 Aug 2010 18:17 #47 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Another attack on gun owners
AV: I asked the question of you. I thought it was clear, my mistake.

Wayne: How does that video prove that anyone on the right is trying to take away gun rights? If anything it showed a video about gun rights, not against them. Did you expect I wouldn't even bother to watch it? Amazing how empty your words are on this one.

LJ:

We have been through this nonsense about SNOPES being an authority on anything, before. They do not have any credibility as a source to verify anything.

28 Aug 2010 18:23 #48 by LadyJazzer
Yes, you keep posting nonsense, and I'll keep refuting it. You guys are 100% wacko.

* U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has not signed, nor has the U.S. Congress ratified, a United Nations small arms treaty. In fact, such a treaty hasn't even been drafted.

* The putative United Nations arms treaty referenced in the Reuters article linked at the end of the example reproduced above has nothing to do with restricting the sale or ownership of guns within the United States. The aim of a potential U.N. arms treaty is to combat the illicit international trade of small arms by "tightening regulation of, and setting international standards for, the import, export and transfer of conventional weapons" in order to "close gaps in existing regional and national arms export control systems that allow weapons to pass onto the illicit market." Even if such a treaty came to pass, U.S. rights and laws regarding the sale and ownership of small arms would still apply within the United States.

* The President of the United States cannot enact a "complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations." The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed in the Constitution of the United States, and in the 1957 case Reid v. Covert, the U.S. Supreme Court established that the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the U.S. Senate. (Furthermore, the U.S. Congress cannot be "bypassed" in any such treaty process, as all treaties must be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate.)

There is no "legal way around the 2nd Amendment" other than a further amendment to the Constitution that repeals or alters it, or a Supreme Court decision that radically reinterprets how the 2nd Amendment is to be applied.

Your source seems to be a right-wing NRA Obama's-gonna-take-your-guns site. Good luck with that.

28 Aug 2010 18:43 #49 by Wayne Harrison

Nmysys wrote: Wayne: How does that video prove that anyone on the right is trying to take away gun rights? If anything it showed a video about gun rights, not against them. Did you expect I wouldn't even bother to watch it? Amazing how empty your words are on this one.

You were first claiming it was the left who was saying Obama was going to take away all our guns. I asked what purpose the left would have in saying Obama was going to take away all the guns. You never bothered to answer. You were claiming you couldn't remember anyone on the right ever saying Obama was going to take away our guns.

The NRA had a very intensive (and I'm sure financially successful) campaign leading up to the election, claiming that gun rights were in danger. (as shown in the NRA videoI posted) Right-wing bloggers were stirring up a frenzy of fear that once Obama was elected guns (or ammunition) would be taken away. Thus the run on runs and ammunition when he was elected by lemmings who believed the crap the right wing was putting out. Did you go out and stock up on ammo? If so, you drove the price up.

More right wing fear mongering:

[youtube:270ct1tp]
[/youtube:270ct1tp]

28 Aug 2010 19:00 #50 by AspenValley

Nmysys wrote: AV: I asked the question of you. I thought it was clear, my mistake.

I have no idea how Hillary Clinton or the U.N. have anything to do with anything I have said here or anywhere about my opinions on gun ownership.

Can you enlighten me?

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds