U.N. believable!!! Applause at Ahmadinejad's Speech

26 Sep 2010 07:39 #31 by Nmysys
VL:

It is quite apparent that I know a whole lot more than you will ever know about Israel and what they have had to endure for over 60 years, surrounded by the Arab world and constantly having to defend themselves. Educate myself. Believe me, I have.

How about '67 and being attacked by 6 different countries at one time?
How about the thousands of rockets being lobbed over at them every year. How about the suicide bombers constantly? What kind of an idiot are you?

Are you still in kindergarten? Do you know anything at all, or do you argue just for the sake of arguing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2010 13:11 #32 by Wayne Harrison
Huh? Israel was attacked? Israel attacked Egypt first in a pre-emptive strike on June 5, 1967. The other Arab countries had defense pacts with Egypt and joined after Egypt was attacked by Israel.

Is your claim that Israel was attacked first a demonstration of your superior knowledge of Israel?

26 Sep 2010 15:36 #33 by Nmysys
Defense pacts???? How about a common bond of being Arabs? Six countries were in battle with Israel within how much time? How long did it take Israel to beat them all? So now your history says that Israel was the aggressor!! Keep changing history don't you? I remember it being Britain and France that attacked Egypt, but it began in 1948, the Arab world refused to accept the partitioning off of Israel. They started using the Palestinians as their tool to make people like you think that Israel was the bad guy in the region. There were attacks on Israel as a result of the blockade that Egypt created, remember Abdel Nasser, Wayne? In your mind it is Israel's fault for everything in the Middle East. If only the U.S., Great Britain, and Russia hadn't created the State of Israel, we wouldn't be in wars there would we? You aren't that naive, are you? Or are you just the contrarian you stated yesterday, no matter what the topic, you are taking and proving the other side with comedians, or changed history.

26 Sep 2010 15:39 #34 by Nmysys
Prelude
Nasser's Opening Moves

Beginning in May 1967, unprovoked actions by Nasser and other Arab leaders created a feeling of impending disaster in Israel. Actions by the United States and UN, and lack of action, gave every reason to believe that the world intended to abandon Israel to whatever aggressive plans Nasser might have. Nasser, motivated by the need to re-assert leadership in the Arab world, was "pushing the envelope." It was felt that inaction by Israel in the best case would result in dangerous concessions, and in the worst case would goad Nasser and his allies into a devastating first strike attack. Hindsight has shown that the Arabs were no match for Israel. However it is also clear from the record that the feeling that the US would not honor its commitments was probably justified, and that had Israel not acted, it is almost certain that Egypt would have been able to close the Straits of Tiran permanently to Israeli shipping. It is probable, according to several sources, that the Egyptians were planning to attack Israel, though pressure from USSR forced them to abandon the plan.

26 Sep 2010 15:58 #35 by Wayne Harrison
I'm not talking about who was the aggressor prior to the start of the war, I'm talking about who actually attacked first, in response to your post that Israel was attacked by six countries. Will you acknowledge that Israel attacked Egypt first?

Your post was about the Six Day's War, not about 1948. Talk about deflecting. You're doing a great job of it yourself.

26 Sep 2010 16:06 #36 by Spykster

Wayne Harrison wrote: Huh? Israel was attacked? Israel attacked Egypt first in a pre-emptive strike on June 5, 1967. The other Arab countries had defense pacts with Egypt and joined after Egypt was attacked by Israel.

Is your claim that Israel was attacked first a demonstration of your superior knowledge of Israel?

Wayno...you said pre-emptive...Yes, it has been historically proven that Israel had actionable intelligence that proved egypt was getting ready to attack. Do you disagree with the concept of a "pre-emptive" attack to protect one's nation's survival, or just when Israel is compelled to launch one? Please extend to all of us a coherent explanation. :crossed: :biggrin: :crossed:

26 Sep 2010 16:15 #37 by Nmysys
Wayne:

Since you think you are such a genius, are you aware of everything then President Johnson and Sec. of State Rusk did? Are you aware of the fact that all six Arab countries had prepared for war, were all assembled, with more tanks and aircraft, that 200,000 Israeli reserves had to be called up because the U.S. wouldn't stick to its commitments to help Israel because Johnson couldn't see how we could get involved in the Middle East because of our involvement in Vietnam? So yes, Israel was forced into the position of attacking or be wiped out. This makes Israel the bad guy, doesn't it? What a ridiculous assertion.

Notice it didn't take me a week to answer a direct question Wayne, like it does you when you are asked to defend something!!!!!

For over a week I argued over the word Takes in regard to Pres. Bush,, but you kept the dodging and weaving up until there wasn't anything else you could do. Finally you answered.

26 Sep 2010 16:45 #38 by outdoor338
Nmysys, wayne is spinning, he is now called skippy boy! He will spin this topic as well..gotta love the libs when backed into a corner..they are like greased pigs, running away from questions they can't argure with..screaming wee..wee..wee all the way home!

26 Sep 2010 17:46 #39 by Wayne Harrison
You forgot the part about "the libs are going down in November"...

26 Sep 2010 19:27 #40 by Spykster

outdoor338 wrote: Nmysys, wayne is spinning, he is now called skippy boy! He will spin this topic as well..gotta love the libs when backed into a corner..they are like greased pigs, running away from questions they can't argure with..screaming wee..wee..wee all the way home!

Wayne's new moniker should be...Whirling Dervish... :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds