Tell us about your religion

29 Sep 2010 00:53 #11 by Spykster
Religion is a crutch for the weak of mind, and a crutch for those that look like howdy doody...hey wait a minute... that's a pair of crutches for the howdy doody looking fella...I follow no religious belief system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2010 05:05 #12 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Tell us about your religion
14 of 15. I'm a "Non-legalist" which upsets others that have fallen for the crap, that some religions spit forth.
IT's NOT ACT/ACTIONS People, It's Grace.
Read Romans, it helps.

29 Sep 2010 07:28 #13 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Tell us about your religion
my religion is not of this world.

29 Sep 2010 07:37 #14 by LadyJazzer
I love it when people tell me to read some part of a book, that I've already stated that I believe to be a work of fiction, to prove the truth of it. Unbelievable....(literally).

29 Sep 2010 08:11 - 29 Sep 2010 10:14 #15 by Photo-fish
My religion is flyfishing. I have many places of worship. Everyone is welcome there at anytime. No matter what color, race, spiritual belief or sex. You can even bring your dog(s). It is the most peacefull of all religions I have known. :fishing:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

29 Sep 2010 08:34 #16 by bailey bud

Spykster wrote: Religion is a crutch for the weak of mind, and a crutch for those that look like howdy doody...hey wait a minute... that's a pair of crutches for the howdy doody looking fella...I follow no religious belief system.

Fair enough - but do you understand the beliefs of those that DO follow a religious belief system? (That's what the Pew quiz is about)

29 Sep 2010 09:13 #17 by Nobody that matters

SS109 wrote: I know my religion pretty well, 16 years of religious schooling, but was always amazed how little people knew about their faith especially the ones going to public schools. I know it would probably be judged illegal but I think a comperative faith class should be offered in public high schools. I know we studied other faiths in Catholic high school and college.

Irony? After all those years of studying Catholicism I wound up being a deist.

I was raised in the Lutheran Church. My teacher for confirmation was the Pastor. He said "The Lutheran Church offers me the most comfort. How can you know what offers you the most comfort if our church is the only one you know?" He then went on to teach many different religions. He compared and contrasted them. He pointed out the differences and the similarities. He invited us to explore them further if we were interested in them.

I still consider myself a Lutheran. The beliefs offer me the most comfort.

That Pastor was one of the most influential men in my life. I still try to be more like him.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Sep 2010 09:28 #18 by Nobody that matters
13 out of 15. I messed up on the Jewish sabbath and Pakistan's main religion. I feel bad about missing the first question, but the second is more geography than religion :)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Sep 2010 09:58 #19 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Tell us about your religion
My religion is Bundyology.

29 Sep 2010 12:06 #20 by Spykster

bailey bud wrote:

Spykster wrote: Religion is a crutch for the weak of mind, and a crutch for those that look like howdy doody...hey wait a minute... that's a pair of crutches for the howdy doody looking fella...I follow no religious belief system.

Fair enough - but do you understand the beliefs of those that DO follow a religious belief system? (That's what the Pew quiz is about)

No problem. I respect anyone's right to believe any set of beliefs they want, as long as they don't try to jam it down my throat like my born-again cousins always try to do. The one I'm conerned with is radical islam, which has hijacked what appears to have been a once somewhat legitimate belief set. More problems are blossoming in Europe over them as I type this message. :Crying:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds