Democrats vote to raise ALL of our taxes......

29 Sep 2010 16:14 #21 by Photo-fish

The Viking wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: It's only "uneducated non-productive" if it's anyone's other than a neo-con...

The words spin spin and a snore are educated and productive to you? Speaks volumes.

And the chronic use of :bash or :Koolaid: does what to prove YOUR points?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2010 16:24 #22 by archer
Is there anything in this delay that says it won't be voted on in the lame duck congress once elections are over? perhaps rushing this through is not in the best interests of anyone....and letting the congress people concentrate on elections then come back and vote when they can possibly vote what they think is right for America rather than vote what will get them re-elected is what has the Reps up in arms. I suspect the Republicans are afraid that they will lose the support of some of the Dems when elections no longer hang over their heads.

I have never been in favor of votes right before elections, elections are all they can think about, not "we the people" and what might be best for the country.

29 Sep 2010 16:47 #23 by The Viking

archer wrote: Is there anything in this delay that says it won't be voted on in the lame duck congress once elections are over? perhaps rushing this through is not in the best interests of anyone....and letting the congress people concentrate on elections then come back and vote when they can possibly vote what they think is right for America rather than vote what will get them re-elected is what has the Reps up in arms. I suspect the Republicans are afraid that they will lose the support of some of the Dems when elections no longer hang over their heads.

I have never been in favor of votes right before elections, elections are all they can think about, not "we the people" and what might be best for the country.

Exactly why lame duck votes are terrible for the country. Right now 47 Dems want to vote for what the majority of Americans want and what is best for us and that is tax breaks for ALL during a recession. They know this is right and what Americans want so they will vote for it.

Many of them will be voted out in November so they could care less what is best for America after the election and will go back to their party line vote to say, you voted against me so screw you, I will vote against what you want.

I think the change should be within a week or so after the election. Those 2 months are dangerous when a party who is in total control gets voted out. They will push through anything and everything they want knowing it wont matter since they are gone anyway.

29 Sep 2010 16:49 #24 by The Viking
And on top of that, the voters voted and said they don't want them making the decisions for this nation anymore, so why should they be able to go back and make important votes like our tax cuts for two more months when the people have spoken and voted them out?

29 Sep 2010 16:59 #25 by archer
I see it just the opposite......once the pressure of elections is over, they are free to vote for what may be best for the nation, not what will get them re-elected. They were elected for a term that does not expire till January....they have every right to vote during those few months. I am not convinced that we should be a nation that is governed by popular opinion, as we have seen in the past, what is popular is not always what is best.

29 Sep 2010 17:10 #26 by Nmysys
What idiots these :Koolaid: drinkers are, Even though they know they are in total control of both houses and the Executive branch, they still want to say that the Republicans have blocked the Dems from doing anything. Have another drink scruffy. No use talking to the broad one since she is in total denial of everything. It is still Bush's fault!!!!!

29 Sep 2010 17:16 #27 by archer
And so it goes, I post an opinion, as I believe I am entitled, I respectfully disagree with another poster....we have a dialogue going, I expected some give and take and some explanations, expected to give some of my own.

Then BAM.....along comes Nmysys, calling libs idiots, personally attacking without giving any dialogue....I dislike being referred to as "the broad" and I never blamed Bush. So really Nmysys, is this any way to carry on a discussion?

29 Sep 2010 17:17 #28 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: What idiots these :Koolaid: drinkers are, Even though they know they are in total control of both houses and the Executive branch, they still want to say that the Republicans have blocked the Dems from doing anything. Have another drink scruffy. No use talking to the broad one since she is in total denial of everything. It is still Bush's fault!!!!!

Have not the Republicans in the Senate threatened more filibusters than any Congress prior?

That's how they have shut down the Dems - at least in the Senate.

edit to add: OOOPS - that's 110th Congress, which ended in 2008. The 111th had 59 cloture votes in the first 12 months alone. All from the Republicans.

29 Sep 2010 17:56 #29 by Nmysys
I was referring to LJ Archer.

29 Sep 2010 18:04 #30 by Nmysys
I'm sorry, I didn't even know you were a woman Archer.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds