Will you bear arms?

31 Oct 2010 22:33 #41 by JusSayin
Replied by JusSayin on topic Will you bear arms?

Pineguy wrote: The only problem is we're at war with a group who believes "In Allah we trust" ... with a capital "A."

And the strange thing is, the God of the Old Testament is the Allah of the Koran. And Jesus is in both, too.

So it comes down to our version is better than your version.

WTF? Too much pumpkin ale?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2010 22:43 #42 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Will you bear arms?
What? You didn't know that?

31 Oct 2010 23:29 #43 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote:

JusSayin wrote: But, for the rest of us, "In God we trust"...with a capital "G".

The only problem is we're at war with a group who believes "In Allah we trust" ... with a capital "A."

And the strange thing is, the God of the Old Testament is the Allah of the Koran. And Jesus is in both, too.

So it comes down to our version is better than your version.

Hey McFly,

If the founders believed in Allah, Budda Belly, or Obama, they would have stipulated so. The founders of America were brilliant and the left believes they can outsmart them. They were able to put together a Constitution for a free nation in under 2000 pages and they even read it before they voted on it.

Imagine if Liberals had drafted the Constitution, it would have required a google of pages.

31 Oct 2010 23:44 #44 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Will you bear arms?
If the founders believed in Jesus they would stipulated so. Instead, in their wisdom, they allowed for ALL religions to flourish in this nation of freedom.

01 Nov 2010 00:09 #45 by Residenttroll returns

archer wrote: If the founders believed in Jesus they would stipulated so. Instead, in their wisdom, they allowed for ALL religions to flourish in this nation of freedom.

But they didn't believe in Allah, correct?

01 Nov 2010 00:11 - 01 Nov 2010 00:23 #46 by Residenttroll returns
...oh Archer, how do you explain this about Jesus Christ?

Samuel Adams (Signer of the Declaration of Independence, ratified the Constitution, and served as governor of Massachusetts).

“I . . . [rely] upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.”[1]

“I conceive we cannot better express ourselves than by humbly supplicating the Supreme Ruler of the world . . . that the confusions that are and have been among the nations may be overruled by the promoting and speedily bringing in the holy and happy period when the kingdoms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ may be everywhere established, and the people willingly bow to the scepter of Him who is the Prince of Peace.”[2]

[1] From the Last Will & Testament of Samuel Adams, attested December 29, 1790; see also Samuel Adams, Life & Public Services of Samuel Adams, William V. Wells, editor (Boston: Little, Brown & Co, 1865), 3:379, Last Will and Testament of Samuel Adams.

[2]From a Fast Day Proclamation issued by Governor Samuel Adams, Massachusetts, March 20, 1797; see also Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams, Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1908), 4:407, from his proclamation of March 20, 1797. [↩]

01 Nov 2010 00:13 #47 by Residenttroll returns
...oh and this one?

John Dickinson (signed the Constitution, served as governor of Pennsylvania and Delaware)

“Rendering thanks to my Creator for my existence and station among His works, for my birth in a country enlightened by the Gospel and enjoying freedom, and for all His other kindnesses, to Him I resign myself, humbly confiding in His goodness and in His mercy through Jesus Christ for the events of eternity.”[1]

“[Governments] could not give the rights essential to happiness… We claim them from a higher source: from the King of kings, and Lord of all the earth.”[2]

[1] From the Last Will & Testament of John Dickinson, attested March 25, 1808.
[2] John Dickinson, The Political Writings of John Dickinson (Wilmington: Bonsal and Niles, 1801), 1:111–112.

01 Nov 2010 00:14 - 01 Nov 2010 00:23 #48 by Residenttroll returns
...oh mine, what about this one?

Benjamin Franklin (Signed the Declaration of independence, attended the Constitutional Convention, signed the Constitution.)

“As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see.”[1]

[1] Benjamin Franklin, Works of Benjamin Franklin, John Bigelow, editor (New York: G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 1904), 185, to Ezra Stiles, March 9, 1790.

01 Nov 2010 00:15 #49 by Residenttroll returns
I know...you will probably disqualify all of the quotes because they were not produced in union print shops....

by the way, there's plenty more quotes from other signers of the Declaration.

01 Nov 2010 00:18 #50 by Residenttroll returns
Oh, I forgot to add a personal favorite....

Elias Boudinot (Served as President of Congress, signed the Peace Treaty of Paris to end the War for Independence, framer of the Bill of Rights, and respondent to Thomas Paine’s The Age of Reason with The Age of Revelation).

“Let us enter on this important business under the idea that we are Christians on whom the eyes of the world are now turned… [L]et us earnestly call and beseech Him, for Christ’s sake, to preside in our councils. . . . We can only depend on the all powerful influence of the Spirit of God, Whose Divine aid and assistance it becomes us as a Christian people most devoutly to implore. Therefore I move that some minister of the Gospel be requested to attend this Congress every morning . . . in order to open the meeting with prayer.”

Elias Boudinot, The Life, Public Services, Addresses, and Letters of Elias Boudinot, J. J. Boudinot, editor (Boston: Houghton, Mifflin & Co., 1896), 1:19, 21, speech in the First Provincial Congress of New Jersey.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds