Will you bear arms?

31 Oct 2010 12:00 #1 by JusSayin
Will you bear arms? was created by JusSayin
It’s probably safe to assume that most Americans would bear arms (make use of some type of weapon) to defend themselves, their families, and/or their homes from others who are intent on harming or destroying them. If a mob shows up at your doorstep threatening to tear the door down and destroy everything of value within, would you bear arms to defend and protect yourself and your family and everything you worked so hard to gain?

Would you? And, if so, how would (will?) you define ‘intent on harming or destroying’ you? Does the enemy actually have to show up at your doorstep; or is it sufficient that they announce their intentions via the news media, social networks, etc.

The primary theme of the midterm elections coming up next week can be summed up as ‘taking back America and redirecting the country back toward the values, morals and principles of its founders’. There are growing liberal elements in America who have already made significant inroads in shredding the moral fabric of our nation and who are intent on destroying what’s left of the very principles and values that made this country great. They are every bit the mob enemy as if they were pounding on our doors with the intent to break in and steal our possessions, abuse our children, and destroy our freedoms and ability to work hard and prosper.

These elections are indeed a referendum. But not a referendum on Barack Obama or Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid. The elections are a referendum to decide whether honest, hard working, God fearing Americans are going to sit back and allow the Pineguy’s and the Lady Jazzer’s and their kind continue to destroy our nation and our hard-fought way of life; or whether we are going to finally say, “enough” and begin a long and fervent movement to take our country back.

To the liberals who back immoral sexual relations, abortion as a means of birth control, end to freedom of religion, redistribution of wealth, amnesty for illegal aliens…you are THE ENEMY. You are the mob who is standing at the doorstep of every true American, eager to destroy all the good within. And you had better hope (since you typically do not pray) that the nation is restored through the electoral process. For if not, you will most assuredly see those who seek to restore America’s greatness bear arms and defend self, family, home and nation by any and all other means necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2010 12:00 #2 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Will you bear arms?
In a heartbeat.

Regards,
Major Bean

31 Oct 2010 12:09 #3 by Jonathan Hemlock
A more direct question is what are you willing to sacrafice your life for? Do you know?

You beat me to the punch "JusSayin". I am in the process of writing a similar themed essay. Good Job!

There is only one way to meet violence and that is with violent defense. We each have a right to defend ourselves, but it goes much farther than that. We have a "duty" to defend our loved ones and our neighbors.

The wrongheaded Libs would like us to believe we first have a "duty to retreat".

31 Oct 2010 12:18 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Will you bear arms?
Anyone tries to hurt my family or friends in my home or vehicle, they are leaving in a body bag. Also if I saw someone tryign to plant a bomb or kill others, I would not hesitate to end their life to save innocent ones.

31 Oct 2010 12:21 #5 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Will you bear arms?

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: The wrongheaded Libs would like us to believe we first have a "duty to retreat".

And what proof of that do you have? I don't know a single liberal who wouldn't defend his/her family, neighbor, or country with force if needed. You just love to spout the stereotype like it's truth, but it isn't. I would hope you would be smart enough to know that, but maybe not.

31 Oct 2010 12:23 #6 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Will you bear arms?

The Viking wrote: Anyone tries to hurt my family or friends in my home or vehicle, they are leaving in a body bag. Also if I saw someone tryign to plant a bomb or kill others, I would not hesitate to end their life to save innocent ones.

Same here... And that includes wild-eyed conservatives...

I love it when they roll out the "honest, hard working, God fearing..." screed... I'm honest, hard-working... "God-fearing", not so much...but last time I looked at the Constitution that was also my right.

31 Oct 2010 12:26 #7 by Residenttroll returns

The Viking wrote: Anyone tries to hurt my family or friends in my home or vehicle, they are leaving in a body bag. Also if I saw someone tryign to plant a bomb or kill others, I would not hesitate to end their life to save innocent ones.

Roger that! You're too nice Viking, I wouldn't give them the dignity of putting them in a bag.

31 Oct 2010 12:36 #8 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Will you bear arms?
When they cross the threshold to my house.

As for offering a dissenting viewpoint, that is a guarantee under the U.S. Bill of Rights, so no I wouldn't shoot someone for exercising that right.

I does sound like JusSayin does support a one-party system of government. As for "take our country back," it's not just your country, which is what you can't seem to comprehend.

This nation was founded upon freedom and an exchange of ideas, something else you can't seem to comprehend.

As Patrick Henry so eloquently repeated, ""I disagree with what you said but i will defend to the death your right to say it." The real question is, JustSayin, would you be willing to die to defend the right to give a dissenting viewpoint -- or only, as I suspect, if that viewpoint was the same as yours?

The mindset that one particular political stance is the only patriotic stance is the true danger to the principals our founding fathers set forth. To think otherwise is to adopt the techniques of the jack-booted stormtroopers. And that is certainly not what this nation is about.

31 Oct 2010 12:41 #9 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
To paraphrase Gen. G Patton,

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his cause. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his cause."

31 Oct 2010 12:59 #10 by Residenttroll returns
If only we had a leader in the White House like this...

"In your hands, my dissatisfied fellow-countrymen, and not in mine, is the momentous issue of civil war. The Government will not assail you. You can have no conflict without being yourselves the aggressors. You have no oath registered in heaven to destroy the Government, while I shall have the most solemn one to preserve, protect, and defend it.

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

Abraham Lincoln, March 4, 1861, From His First Inaugural Address

But NO! We get this....

Newsweek columnist Jonathan Alter, in his book "The Promise: President Obama, Year One," to be released May 18, quotes the president as saying that Republican opposition to the economic stimulus package "helped create the tea-baggers and empowered that whole wing of the Republican Party where it now controls the agenda for the Republicans," according to a Washington Post report on the book.

"And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder - and that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2," President Obama said.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds