Will you bear arms?

01 Nov 2010 00:29 #51 by Residenttroll returns
Oh wow, look what I found in the Massachusetts State Constitution, ratified

Article III. As the happiness of a people, and the good order and preservation of civil government, essentially depend upon piety, religion and morality; and as these cannot be generally diffused through a community, but by the institution of the public worship of God, and of public instructions in piety, religion and morality: Therefore, to promote their happiness and to secure the good order and preservation of their government, the people of this commonwealth have a right to invest their legislature with power to authorize and require, and the legislature shall, from time to time, authorize and require, the several towns, parishes, precincts, and other bodies politic, or religious societies, to make suitable provision, at their own expense, for the institution of the public worship of God, and for the support and maintenance of public Protestant teachers of piety, religion and morality, in all cases where such provision shall not be made voluntarily.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/Constitution

That blows the door off separation of church and state argument.

....but don't worry it gets better.....

And all moneys paid by the subject to the support of public worship, and of the public teachers aforesaid, shall, if he require it, be uniformly applied to the support of the public teacher or teachers of his own religious sect or denomination, provided there be any on whose instructions he attends; otherwise it may be paid towards the support of the teacher or teachers of the parish or precinct in which the said moneys are raised.

Any every denomination of Christians, demeaning themselves peaceably, and as good subjects of the commonwealth, shall be equally under the protection of the law: and no subordination of any one sect or denomination to another shall ever be established by law.] [Art. XI of the Amendments substituted for this].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2010 00:33 #52 by Residenttroll returns
New York State Constitution, as ratified.

THE CONSTITUTION

(1)[Preamble] We The People of the State of New York, grateful to Almighty God for our Freedom, in order to secure its blessings, DO ESTABLISH THIS CONSTITUTION.

01 Nov 2010 00:48 #53 by Residenttroll returns
Ooops, I forget the State of Delaware Charter.....

BECAUSE no People can be truly happy, though under the greatest Enjoyment of Civil Liberties, if abridged of the Freedom of their Consciences, as to their Religious Profession and Worship: And Almighty God being the only Lord of Conscience, Father of Lights and Spirits; and the Author as well as Object of all divine Knowledge, Faith and Worship, who only doth enlighten the Minds, and persuade and convince the Understandings of People, I do hereby grant and declare, That no Person or Persons, inhabiting In this Province or Territories, who shall confess and acknowledge One almighty God, the Creator, Upholder and Ruler of the World; and professes him or themselves obliged to live quietly under the Civil Government, shall be in any Case molested or prejudiced, in his or their Person or Estate, because of his or their conscientious Persuasion or Practice, nor be compelled to frequent or maintain any religious Worship, Place or Ministry, contrary to his or their Mind, or to do or suffer any other Act or Thing, contrary to their religious Persuasion.

AND that all Persons who also profess to believe in Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the World, shall be capable (notwithstanding their other Persuasions and Practices in Point of Conscience and Religion) to serve this Government in any Capacity, both legislatively and executively, he or they solemnly promising, when lawfully required, Allegiance to the King as Sovereign, and Fidelity to the Proprietary and Governpr, and taking the Attests as now established by the Law made at Newcastle, in the Year One Thousand and Seven Hundred, entituled, An Act directing the Attests of several Officers and Ministers, as now amended and confirmed this present Assembly.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/de01.asp

Gee, who penned the Charter for Delaware? It was William Penn, another one of those pesky Christian founders. I think American history can't seem to shake it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Penn

01 Nov 2010 06:12 #54 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Will you bear arms?
RT, you just blew these libs out of the water with your facts, good job :thumbsup: :yeahthat:

01 Nov 2010 08:05 #55 by Jonathan Hemlock

archer wrote:

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: The wrongheaded Libs would like us to believe we first have a "duty to retreat".

And what proof of that do you have? I don't know a single liberal who wouldn't defend his/her family, neighbor, or country with force if needed. You just love to spout the stereotype like it's truth, but it isn't. I would hope you would be smart enough to know that, but maybe not.

The countless number of State Laws that have required anyone, even within their own home, to first retreat before defending themselves. Hence the "Castle Doctrine".

Also how about the concept of a victim needing to demonstrate that they were in danger of bodily harm or death, before defending themselves against an intruder, even into their own home?

How about those that have to defend themselves against an intruder, even into their own homes, getting sued by the criminal's family and then having to pay restitution to the criminals family?

Do any of these liberal-inspired gun laws give you an indication of there being Libs who don't think you should defend yourself? Need more proof of the stereotypical, untruthful things that I spout about the Libs?

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds