Gracious

01 Nov 2010 22:52 #41 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Gracious
"God is an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

George Carlin

There have been some terrible things done in the name of god.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Nov 2010 07:36 #42 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Gracious

LadyJazzer wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: Many of the founding fathers considered themselves deists.

As I have posted proof of on many occasions....

Nobody that matters wrote: The word 'God' shouldn't scare you so much LJ, it's just alot of people's way of expressing the need for some morals.

Likewise, you don't get to impose your so-called "morals" on me if it impinges on my rights not to have them.

I don't have any 'so-called' morals. Don't try and minimize what I believe just because you don't agree. It's a good way to piss people off and make you look like close-minded fool.

The only morals I want imposed on anyone else is to make politicians tell the truth without spin. I'd like all the lobbyists to have little old Jewish Mothers give them a guilt trip for pumping our political engine so fuill of slime.

Other than that, as long as you don't mess with mine, I won't mess with yours.

Legislation shouldn't enforce morality, but those writing the legislation should have a good solid moral foundation.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

02 Nov 2010 08:05 #43 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Gracious

No, I got something against someone trying to insert their religion into my life when I have a Constitutional right to determine which religion..or NO religion..I want in my life. For people who keep mouthing off about the Constitution and how much they support it, they should try actually reading and COMPREHENDING it for a change.

There's some really twisted opinions about this subject, not just from the ultra-left either.

There's a new PBS documentary called "GOD in America" airing now on channel 12. I watched the first part of it this last week and learned quite a bit about the subject.

I wish you all would watch it - so you'd know how wrong you are about the subject - It'll open your eyes.

The first amendment "freedom from religion" wording was put there by the churches themselves (with Jeffersons help) and was never ment to be basterdized the way people today twist it's meaning.

Educate yourselves in order to spare the rest of us from your stupidity.

02 Nov 2010 09:16 #44 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Gracious

BearMtnHIB wrote: The first amendment "freedom from religion" wording was put there by the churches themselves (with Jeffersons help) and was never ment to be basterdized the way people today twist it's meaning.

Could you enlighten us with your interpretation? What was meant by that phrase?

BearMtnHIB wrote: Educate yourselves in order to spare the rest of us from your stupidity.

Stay classy, Bear! :thumbsup:

02 Nov 2010 09:20 #45 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Gracious
WooHoo - the GOP wholly owned corporate entities will replace some Democrat wholly owned coporate entities.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds