Sarah Palin's Alaska. A great documentary!

16 Nov 2010 09:20 #11 by Scruffy
Let me ask you another question, Vike. If there were a documentary of Obama and his daily life in the White House, with his kids and wife and such, would you feel the same way, that it was real side of his life or would you say it was scripted to show Obama in the best possible light, warts & all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Nov 2010 09:20 #12 by The Viking
I heard they wanted to do one with Obama and his home state too, but they couldn't get the filming rights in Kenya and Indonesia!! rofllol Plus all the doctors and childhhod friends had mysteriously disappeared or died under mysterious circumstances so they had no one to talk to about his birth and childhood. rofllol :lol:

16 Nov 2010 09:22 #13 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Scruffy wrote: Okay, Vike, enjoy the show. Just be aware that's it's not reality tv and is designed to show her in the best possible light, even with the disobedient daughter and stalking neighbor. Everything is scripted toward making her more money and keeping her on stage for as long as possible.

Remember, it's propaganda.

Better watch it that pink hair is going to turn green with envy. :lol:

16 Nov 2010 09:24 #14 by Scooby72
I won't be watching it, but I'm glad some people are getting enjoyment out of it. I was having a hard time watching the promos during commercials. Yeah, I'm not a fan. :wink:

16 Nov 2010 09:31 #15 by Wayne Harrison

The Viking wrote: I am sure it is in part but it still shows a real side of her life and family and a fantastic side of Alaska!

I'll know it shows the real Alaska when they get eaten by hordes of mosquitoes.

But something else crossed my mind: I wonder if Alaskans really WANT people in the Lower 48 to see what a great place it is (in the summer)? The publicity is bound to cause some people to want to move to Alaska. It's sort of like up here. People move up here then don't want any more people to move up here after them.

And if you say Alaska is big enough for everyone, take note of how close their fence is to the Palin house. I was shocked by that. All that land up there and they put their house on what looks like an acre.

They shot it in the summer so you won't see the 20 hours of darkness winter days, although Palin did alude to it when she talked about packing in all the activities during the daylight hours.

My daughter spent a week in Alaska this summer on a school science lab trip and really enjoyed it, even though it rained pretty solid half the week she was there.

16 Nov 2010 09:36 #16 by The Viking

Pineguy wrote:

The Viking wrote: I am sure it is in part but it still shows a real side of her life and family and a fantastic side of Alaska!

I'll know it shows the real Alaska when they get eaten by hordes of mosquitoes.

But something else crossed my mind: I wonder if Alaskans really WANT people in the Lower 48 to see what a great place it is (in the summer)? The publicity is bound to cause some people to want to move to Alaska. It's sort of like up here. People move up here then don't want any more people to move up here after them.

And if you say Alaska is big enough for everyone, take note of how close their fence is to the Palin house. I was shocked by that. All that land up there and they put their house on what looks like an acre.

They shot it in the summer so you won't see the 20 hours of darkness winter days, although Palin did alude to it when she talked about packing in all the activities during the daylight hours.

My daughter spent a week in Alaska this summer on a school science lab trip and really enjoyed it, even though it rained pretty solid half the week she was there.

I was surprised too how close his house is to theirs. It is less than 50 feet away it looks like. And yes, they need to do one of the episodes in the winter months to show the 20 hours of darkness and let people see what that is like too and what they do during those months.

16 Nov 2010 09:47 #17 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Be great to see a scene like this of that asshole neighbor

[youtube:1eb7l74k]
[/youtube:1eb7l74k]

16 Nov 2010 09:49 #18 by Wayne Harrison
So far in the show, the only one snooping is the Palin camera crew. I think they took pictures of the neighbor three times during the first episode.

She also tells Todd jokingly, "You need to drill out a little tiny hole there—a peephole—and let me look through." (apparently so she can spy on her neighbor)

"Mr. McGinniss was not asked if any production crew could videotape him as he read a book on the secluded deck of the house he was living in at that time. He was not aware that any camera crew was in fact videotaping him. Mr. McGinniss had a reasonable expectation of privacy under those circumstances. The mere taking of the video therefore gives rise to an actionable claim for invasion of his privacy," his lawyer writes.

16 Nov 2010 10:41 #19 by Photo-fish
It is both tame and lame at the same time. If you really want to see Wild Alaska from your couch, there are some real good, actual, documentaries out there. Anyone that considers this as even a partial documentary on Alaska is fooling themselves.

Edit to add: Yes, I watched it.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

16 Nov 2010 10:43 #20 by The Viking

Photo-fish wrote: It is both tame and lame at the same time. If you really want to see Wild Alaska from your couch, there are some real good, actual, documentaries out there. Anyone that considers this as even a partial documentary on Alaska is fooling themselves.

Edit to add: Yes, I watched it.

Who said it was a documentary on Alaska?

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds