Sarah Palin's Alaska. A great documentary!

16 Nov 2010 08:52 - 16 Nov 2010 09:08 #1 by The Viking
I watched this show on Sunday night. It really had some of the most beautiful views of Alaska and really makes me want to go there. I con't beleive I have never been there when I have friends who live there. I was impressed by the down to earth reality and innocence of the show. It was so refreshing compared to most of the reality shows now a days. You will see a side of Sarah that very few ever see. It was so interesting to see how she does the live interviews with O'Rielly and others from her home there. It was one of the highest rated shows that TLC ever had. Over 5 million viewers. It is on TLS on Sunday night at 5, 7, and 9. It also reaired last night and tomorrow (WED) night at 5 pm and Midnight if you missed the first one. It is well worth the watch. Record it and you will see a whole different side of her and her family.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-1 ... n-tlc.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Nov 2010 08:55 #2 by Scruffy
It's not a documentary. It's the Sarah Palin show, which highlights and controls the things she wants us to think about her. Please don't get sucked into thinking that the Sarah show is reality.

16 Nov 2010 08:57 #3 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote: It's not a documentary. It's the Sarah Palin show, which highlights and controls the things she wants us to think about her. Please don't get sucked into thinking that the Sarah show is reality.

Did you watch it? Or are you just throwing out random partisan attacks again?

16 Nov 2010 09:03 #4 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote: It's not a documentary. It's the Sarah Palin show, which highlights and controls the things she wants us to think about her. Please don't get sucked into thinking that the Sarah show is reality.

Sorry, no, I did not watch it. I can't since we had to cut our dish tv thanks to the Bush recession.

So, can you tell me if I'm wrong about this? Can you give an honest, objective report or are you on her team because she's a Teabagger/Republican and looks pretty - oh so pretty! From what I have read about her show, it's all about showing Sarah in the most favorable light, about making her look like a real folksy person and not some attention junkie grubbing for more money.

Please don't tell me that you've fallen for her shtick.

16 Nov 2010 09:07 #5 by LadyJazzer
It was a 60-minute Palin commercial with a little scenery thrown in to try to make it legit... The bears were cute, though...

16 Nov 2010 09:11 #6 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Sorry, no, I did not watch it. I can't since we had to cut our dish tv thanks to the Bush recession.

So, can you tell me if I'm wrong about this? Can you give an honest, objective report or are you on her team because she's a Teabagger/Republican and looks pretty - oh so pretty! From what I have read about her show, it's all about showing Sarah in the most favorable light, about making her look like a real folksy person and not some attention junkie grubbing for more money.

Please don't tell me that you've fallen for her shtick.

It is a refreshing show to watch and I plan on watching the next 7 too. It showed the not so great side too. Her stalking neighbor, her disobedient daughter, so it shows a lot of different sides of her. Looking forward to next week.

16 Nov 2010 09:12 #7 by Wayne Harrison
I'd love to see the outtakes.

16 Nov 2010 09:15 #8 by Scruffy
Okay, Vike, enjoy the show. Just be aware that's it's not reality tv and is designed to show her in the best possible light, even with the disobedient daughter and stalking neighbor. Everything is scripted toward making her more money and keeping her on stage for as long as possible.

Remember, it's propaganda.

16 Nov 2010 09:18 #9 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote: Okay, Vike, enjoy the show. Just be aware that's it's not reality tv and is designed to show her in the best possible light, even with the disobedient daughter and stalking neighbor. Everything is scripted toward making her more money and keeping her on stage for as long as possible.

Remember, it's propaganda.

I am sure it is in part but it still shows a real side of her life and family and a fantastic side of Alaska!

16 Nov 2010 09:19 #10 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LadyJazzer wrote: It was a 60-minute Palin commercial with a little scenery thrown in to try to make it legit... The bears were cute, though...

Bitter furtrader.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds