Sarah Palin's Alaska. A great documentary!

23 Nov 2010 11:10 #41 by Scruffy
A great interpretation on Palin:

http://davisexmachina.wordpress.com/201 ... ma-grisly/

This quote pretty much sums up Sarah:

I think what we are witnessing instead is the solidification of the Sarah Palin brand. She doesn’t want to run for President. She wants the fun and glamor and power of a serious contender who might run for president at any time. And she wants it forever.

No matter how it turns out, actually running screws the whole deal.

Sarah Palin likes being on television, she likes being admired, and she especially likes being held up as a woman who all conservative men should want and all conservative woman should try to be.

And even if she’s not sure how yet, she wants to make a whole bunch of money off it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2010 11:21 #42 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Scruffy wrote: A great interpretation on Palin:

http://davisexmachina.wordpress.com/201 ... ma-grisly/

I think what we are witnessing instead is the solidification of the Sarah Palin brand. She doesn’t want to run for President. She wants the fun and glamor and power of a serious contender who might run for president at any time. And she wants it forever.

Sarah Palin likes being on television, she likes being admired, and she especially likes being held up as a woman who all conservative men should want and all conservative woman should try to be.

And even if she’s not sure how yet, she wants to make a whole bunch of money off it.

Is it any wonder you are what amounts to a fart in the universe?

23 Nov 2010 11:23 #43 by archer
another teddy attack on the poster, not the message which he obviously cannot refute. keep it up teddy, you become more and more irrelevant with every hateful post.

23 Nov 2010 11:24 #44 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pineguy wrote: I heard after this series is over she's doing a cooking show featuring recipes from Alaska.

The working title is: Sarah's Baked Alaska.

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, it will have a continuously-running background of turkeys being slaughtered...just to set the mood....

Libtards attempt at humor is more pathetic than watching 2 ninety year olds dry humping

23 Nov 2010 11:26 #45 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

archer wrote: another teddy attack on the poster, not the message which he obviously cannot refute. keep it up teddy, you become more and more irrelevant with every hateful post.

When you attack someone who isn't here to defend themselves, you will be attacked prune. Simple physics. For every action............ Geddit?

23 Nov 2010 11:30 #46 by Wayne Harrison
I hope she'll run but I don't think she'll want to risk tarnishing her image in partisan primary campaigning and debating against other conservatives. Debating with other Republican presidential candidates,, she couldn't claim they are left-wingers out to get her. She'd be stuck actually having to defend her record and the dropping out of office mid-way through her first term -- basically taking the money and to hell with the voters.

(Having Teddy on ignore makes the board so much more pleasant)

23 Nov 2010 11:32 #47 by Residenttroll returns
I can't wait for the Barack Obama's Kenya documentary on TLC.

23 Nov 2010 11:37 #48 by archer

Teddy wrote:

archer wrote: another teddy attack on the poster, not the message which he obviously cannot refute. keep it up teddy, you become more and more irrelevant with every hateful post.

When you attack someone who isn't here to defend themselves, you will be attacked prune. Simple physics. For every action............ Geddit?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

You all attack Obama a gazillion times a day....but Palin is off limits?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

23 Nov 2010 11:44 #49 by bailey bud
As an estranged Alaskan Native, I'm excited about the program. I think about the family home from time-to-time.

I'd really like to see if the program can make Bristol Bay salmon fishing look lucrative --- it wasn't by my memory (or my son's, or my mom's).

I'm also itching to see what village they film. Our family village of Egegik isn't exactly the Ritz Carleton.

The only way in/out-of-town is the fish plane ---- and the mosquitos will eat you alive.

The brown bears, while cute, tend to eat enough fish to put a dent in a commercial fisherman's wallet.

On the topic of Sarah Palin --- I'll watch the scenery, and turn down the volume.

23 Nov 2010 14:31 #50 by JusSayin

Scruffy wrote:

I think this opinion really hits the nail on the head, Scruffy; except for the part about not knowing how to capitalize on the opportunity. If this woman’s journey was written as a movie script, no one would believe it. What we’re witnessing is a person who has been at the right place at the right time again and again and again. She’s an outdoors person and a soccer mom. But with her looks, personality and genuine love of her state and nation, she’s benefitted from opportunities that most people in similar situation would never have gotten. It’s like achieving the American dream X 100.

If people get past their envy and jealousy, they’ll figure out that Sarah and Todd are formidable marketers of Sarah’s talents. They’d be fools to actually follow through and make a presidential bid. Sarah’s a money machine as a ‘perpetual potential candidate’ and they’re shrewdly milking that. And why not? This is their ticket to the life that most Americans can only dream about.

Sarah Palin didn’t become governor of Alaska because she wanted a life in state politics. Sarah Palin didn’t become a Vice Presidential candidate because she wanted a life in national/world politics. She was lucky to have not achieved the latter and she was very smart to abandon the former. Now the Palin’s and their children and their extended families will never want for anything (aside from, perhaps, some privacy). There’s probably not a person who has ever posted here that wouldn’t trade places with them.

And note that I never mentioned Sarah Palin’s political affiliation or ideologies. That’s because they really don’t matter.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds