Sarah Palin's Alaska. A great documentary!

16 Nov 2010 19:39 #31 by benri

The Viking wrote:

Pineguy wrote:

The Viking wrote: I am sure it is in part but it still shows a real side of her life and family and a fantastic side of Alaska!

I did not watch Sarah Palin's Alaska. Having grown up in Alaska, I can say the natural beauty of the state is unsurpassed, especially in the summer. I am sure they won't be filming when it's -40 degrees below and 20 hrs of darkness or they will have to rename it Survivor -- to reflect real Americans/Alaskans who can't afford to fly out to California, Arizona or Fox News in the winter.

I am sure Sarah will buy a new house (with acreage & a gate!) with all her $$ and Alaska will become her summer vacation home like Uncle Ted. (RIP Sen.Ted Stevens)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Nov 2010 21:25 #32 by Residenttroll returns
I think Sarah saying "drill baby drill" turns on liberals and that makes them jealous. The best they get from their side is Hillary Clinton imitating southern black folks: ""IIIIIII don't feel noways tired. I come too fahrr from where I started frum...III culd have listened all afternuune."

16 Nov 2010 21:32 #33 by Martin Ent Inc
Or maybe they are just jealous cause they didn't score a cool 12+mil last year.

16 Nov 2010 21:55 #34 by LadyJazzer
Yes, I just watched a clip of some pundits on FOX NEWS discussing it... One of them said, "It's like 'The Sound of Music'--without the Nazis, without the romance, and without the music."

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

They obviously thought it was "great" too...

[youtube:1wjbp7sj]
[/youtube:1wjbp7sj]

22 Nov 2010 07:49 #35 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Watched this last night and like all reality shows, it has nothing to do with reality other than to show that for parents who love outdoor activities, they sure have done a poor job imparting that to their kids. I've seen inner city kids at camp for the first time in their lives more at home in the country than the Palin princesses.

22 Nov 2010 08:03 #36 by Wayne Harrison
I heard after this series is over she's doing a cooking show featuring recipes from Alaska.

The working title is: Sarah's Baked Alaska.

22 Nov 2010 08:09 #37 by LadyJazzer
Yes, it will have a continuously-running background of turkeys being slaughtered...just to set the mood....

22 Nov 2010 08:21 #38 by The Boss
It is a documentary..about Sara's view of her family. Lots of families make them, they are called home movies...they do the same thing...often depict life the way we want to see it, not how it really is.

The big differences for Sara are as follows.

1. she has really nice cameras
2. since the us population does not like to think about issues and likes smiles and marketing, she will be our next president.

Just remember park county repubs. She is not for big govt....and most park county repubs are (argue all you want, just look at your govt), so how does that jive, aren't you guys really just looking for someone who is a democrat but says they are a real repub...she seems kinda too real repub for park. I think what you what you guys are looking for is Obama after he switches parties but not policies...just like in our local govt, say we want small government and vote over and over to make it larger than any other known rural community in the US....and then say we are republican...this is the best way to make party affilications meaningless. I assume everyone I meet in Park is liberal. They all say they are conservative and repub, but then start talking about all the liberal changes that need to be made.

Again, local Democrats don't even need to win around here....the local Rebublican govt does everything the way the Democrats would anyway...more govt. more taxes, more schools, more rules, more codes, more girl scout days, more tax sales, more people forced out of their homes.

??

It is a documentary...just not about anything that important. I did watch and it is clear that many of those experiences were new to her too...It should be Sara does Alaska...actually learns about the people she has already governed, until she quit...who apparantly don't see things her way anymore.

23 Nov 2010 10:34 #39 by Something the Dog Said
So the show dropped 40% in viewership on the second show.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Nov 2010 10:52 #40 by LadyJazzer
They were probably busy flooding the "Dancing With The Stars" show with emails, trying prop up Bristol's flagging credibility...

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds