Why Unhappy People Become Liberals

24 Nov 2010 12:18 #21 by BearMtnHIB

I have not been on 285 Bound for a while and now I now why....

Sounds pretty unhappy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2010 12:21 #22 by netdude
Happier not being here actually! lol

BTW BearMtn, I do exclude you from my rant, I will not agree much with you but you are one of the few who have original and well thought out posts...

24 Nov 2010 12:34 #23 by Travelingirl

BearMtnHIB wrote:

Sounds pretty unhappy!

Thus the title of this thread...

24 Nov 2010 12:45 #24 by Residenttroll returns

travelingirl wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote:

Sounds pretty unhappy!

Thus the title of this thread...

rofllol rofllol rofllol

He should change his name from NetDude to NoNetDude.

24 Nov 2010 16:22 #25 by ScienceChic

travelingirl wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Liberals have to be TOLD what to think.

The Left look to the media and Ivy League elites to do their thinking for them which creates intellectual mediocrity. Intellectual mediocrity was one of the reasons for Rome's collapse. Historian Edward Gibbon explained that "the minds of men were gradually reduced to the same level, the fire of genius was extinguished." Another historian, Tocqueville wrote, "When all fortunes are middling, passions are naturally restrained, imagination limited and pleasures simple."

Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense, despite what the media and Ivy League elites try to tell us and we know they are not to be trusted.

rofllol intellectual mediocrity - yeah, that pegs me alright! :lol: And I've been such a staunch supporter of the media too, as well as my liberal colleagues on here! rofllol Ya know, if us liberals just need to be told what to think, then wouldn't we have agreed with, and stopped arguing/debating with, conservatives by now? :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Nov 2010 17:25 #26 by Nmysys
SC:

You argue with Conservatives because you think it is fun, admit it!!

Netdude:
You haven't been on here because I offered to kick your as-

I personally have found that most Liberals are not unhappy, just uninformed, except of course you SC and Photofish.

BTW:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

24 Nov 2010 18:16 #27 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote: SC:

:biggrin: Guilty as charged! Actually, it's debate that I prefer. Arguments get too negative and neither side listens to the other. I thrive most when learning new things, especially other points of view. Life would be very boring if only talking with those who agree with you all of the time (I really don't get celebrities and their propensity to surround themselves with Yes men and women). It only serves to make you feel better/included, but doesn't expand your horizons or help you grow. It can be uncomfortable to be outside your comfort zone, but as I've spent most of my life outside any comfort zone, I'm pretty used to being there already!

Netdude:

I personally have found that most Liberals are not unhappy, just uninformed, except of course you SC and Photofish.

BTW:

Uninformed? Or just disagreeing with your point of view in a manner that upsets or annoys you? Many times, I find that it's the delivery, more than the message itself, that I don't like... Sometimes it's hard to look past a personal history with a specific poster, but I always read every new post with a conscious effort to be less biased (note: not unbiased b/c that's not possible) and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised by what I read. Like neptunechimneyguy's post here: I've both agreed and disagreed with many of his posts, and I try to point out why in each instance without making it personal because it's not. I respect his opinion even though it doesn't agree with mine and can still have lunch and laugh with him (plus, he likes Robert Heinlein, so he can't be all bad!). :wink: I'm thankful that I can bring up my point of view and appreciate it when others debate, and not attack, me back!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Nov 2010 18:30 #28 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote:

:biggrin: Guilty as charged! Actually, it's debate that I prefer. Arguments get too negative and neither side listens to the other. I thrive most when learning new things, especially other points of view. Life would be very boring if only talking with those who agree with you all of the time (I really don't get celebrities and their propensity to surround themselves with Yes men and women). It only serves to make you feel better/included, but doesn't expand your horizons or help you grow. It can be uncomfortable to be outside your comfort zone, but as I've spent most of my life outside any comfort zone, I'm pretty used to being there already!

Netdude:

BTW:

Uninformed? Or just disagreeing with your point of view in a manner that upsets or annoys you? Many times, I find that it's the delivery, more than the message itself, that I don't like... Sometimes it's hard to look past a personal history with a specific poster, but I always read every new post with a conscious effort to be less biased (note: not unbiased b/c that's not possible) and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised by what I read. Like neptunechimneyguy's post here: I've both agreed and disagreed with many of his posts, and I try to point out why in each instance without making it personal because it's not. I respect his opinion even though it doesn't agree with mine and can still have lunch and laugh with him (plus, he likes Robert Heinlein, so he can't be all bad!). :wink: I'm thankful that I can bring up my point of view and appreciate it when others debate, and not attack, me back!

Back atch, and thank you. I see these forums as a microcosm of the national right/left debate. It has reached a point where many do not listen, only react with venom based on their perception of the others political orientation.

24 Nov 2010 18:37 #29 by Nmysys
SC:

I'm not all bad, just a little part of me is. BTW I had a great time at lunch, thanks for inviting me.

Neptune:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Mrs.

24 Nov 2010 19:20 #30 by ScienceChic

I'm not all bad, just a little part of me is. BTW I had a great time at lunch, thanks for inviting me.

We all have a little evil in us; it's what we choose to do with it that defines us.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him. -Buddha

For you, I wish: May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin :biggrin:

You are welcome anytime at lunch - bring more friends! Especially Teddy - I'd love to meet him and figure out what makes him tick! :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds