This is disgusting

01 Dec 2010 22:45 #41 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic This is disgusting
Points out that I'm a member of Evrgreenbound and HighlandsRanchbound as well. And I was long before you threatened to take your lost balls and run away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2010 22:49 #42 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic This is disgusting

Vice Lord wrote:

Nmysys wrote: A hole was found in the nudist camp wall. Vice Lord is looking into it.

well, besides you...what red blooded american male wouldn't?

Wait, wait, did VL just admit that he'd spy on a nudist camp where plenty of naked, saggy, overwieght men will be walking around in the nude?

and now we know some of you guys are in trouble - keep your drapes and blinds closed, men!

Just realized this was in the courthouse, not the ring - and edited accordingly...

02 Dec 2010 04:47 #43 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic This is disgusting
Yeah, watch that use of saggy.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 Dec 2010 08:21 - 02 Dec 2010 08:25 #44 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic This is disgusting

Hoot Owl wrote: Well Viking, sorry you dont care for my post in the Ring. Are you attempting to silence me? I am not a mod on Pinecam,nor do I post there. I am not banned, just choosing my battles. Next time you and I run into each other, which happens occasionally, please try to remember my given name. You do know it.

I have 148 posts prior to this one, your exhaustive research couldnt have taken to long. Relax, I will leave you and your bb VL alone.

I don't mind your attacks on certain posters, I just got set off by all your attacks on 285Bound trying to claim how bad it is over and over again. I love this site and want to see it succeed and just because there are a few bad apples, doesn't mean that the site is bad and out of control.

02 Dec 2010 08:22 #45 by The Viking

ckm8 wrote: That's funny Viking. Like there are tons of productive posts in the courthouse. It's mostly name calling, baiting and insults and you're right there in the middle of it.

Unfounded as usual. Other than VL and I going back and forth, I rarely if ever give 'personal' insults.

02 Dec 2010 08:27 #46 by The Viking

The Viking wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote: Well Viking, sorry you dont care for my post in the Ring. Are you attempting to silence me? I am not a mod on Pinecam,nor do I post there. I am not banned, just choosing my battles. Next time you and I run into each other, which happens occasionally, please try to remember my given name. You do know it.

I have 148 posts prior to this one, your exhaustive research couldnt have taken to long. Relax, I will leave you and your bb VL alone.

I don't mind your attacks on certain posters, I just got set off by all your attacks on 285Bound trying to claim how bad it is over and over again. I love this site and want to see it succeed and just because there are a few bad apples, doesn't mean that the site is bad and out of control.

And I did finally figure out who you are. And yes I like you as a person. Guess I won't be seeing you at lunch again? :biggrin:

02 Dec 2010 10:59 #47 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic This is disgusting

The Viking wrote:

ckm8 wrote: That's funny Viking. Like there are tons of productive posts in the courthouse. THIS IS SARCASM RIGHT? It's mostly name calling, baiting and insults and you're right there in the middle of it.

Unfounded as usual. Other than VL and I going back and forth, I rarely if ever give 'personal' insults.

Actually I think that EVERYBODY is in the middle of it. By NOT responding to it or by NOT calling people out on their name calling, baiting and insults you may as wll be promoting it.

I think there has been a few topics and many more posts that are a bad reflection of this site and may drive new comers away. I think the general tone lately (more so in the Courthouse than in the Ring) is pretty ugly but a select few have really raised the bar on nastiness & offensiveness.

It really is not appealing and I find myself spending less time reading through the crap posted. It is turning into everything I disliked about the "other" local forums and I don't see it as being worth my time if it continues. It is starting to be a big turn-off. This is just my own observation and opinion.

I look at all the same people that are posting in the Courthouse and wonder why, with almost 1000 members now, more people are not participating there. I believe it may get more participation and therefore better discussion if it some opinions were tempered a bit and we all laid off the personal attacks and bitterness. That should be what the Ring is for.

There have been some real good topics started here, but it takes just one comment to kill a thread or turn it into an ugly mess that represents nothing of what the OP intended. That usually takes the form of a baseless generalization, an off topic slam or a personal insult.

I won't have a discussion with someone in public and in person if they are going to be rude, crude or insulting. I'll walk away. I would guess that most others would feel the same. So why should anyone have to put up with it here?

The Viking wrote: I love this site and want to see it succeed and just because there are a few bad apples, doesn't mean that the site is bad and out of control.

:yeahthat: Exactly how I feel. But lets try to get the bad apples in check. Would you agree that it may be a better site to do so? I'm not trying to stifle anyones opinions. I am just saying that there is often a better way to to express those opinions. A way that will promote civil discussion and possibly produce solutions rather than divide and alienate.

Just my 2 cents.
See ya

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 Dec 2010 16:13 #48 by Travelingirl
Replied by Travelingirl on topic This is disgusting

Photo-fish wrote:

The Viking wrote:

ckm8 wrote:

The Viking wrote: I love this site and want to see it succeed and just because there are a few bad apples, doesn't mean that the site is bad and out of control.

:yeahthat: Exactly how I feel. But lets try to get the bad apples in check. Would you agree that it may be a better site to do so? I'm not trying to stifle anyones opinions. I am just saying that there is often a better way to to express those opinions. A way that will promote civil discussion and possibly produce solutions rather than divide and alienate.

Just my 2 cents.
See ya

So in your opinion, who do you consider a "bad apple"? I'd like to see your list. Also, please define "get the bad apples in check".

02 Dec 2010 16:18 #49 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic This is disgusting
CKM:

It hasn't stopped you from becoming one of the bad apples, has it? You have personally been just as guilty since you came here as anyone else, but of course you are one of the Elitists so it is alright for you, and not for others.

Hi TG glad to see you posting again.

02 Dec 2010 16:22 #50 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic This is disgusting

Nmysys wrote: CKM:

It hasn't stopped you from becoming one of the bad apples, has it? You have personally been just as guilty since you came here as anyone else, but of course you are one of the Elitists so it is alright for you, and not for others.

Hi TG glad to see you posting again.

Made him one of the elitists? But ckm8 isn't a conservative, so I guess that's not true.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds