Comm Center Update

15 Dec 2010 15:54 - 15 Dec 2010 17:07 #1 by Nmysys
Comm Center Update was created by Nmysys
The two of us went to Fairplay this morning to attempt to put a pause to the Park County Comm center proposal being shoved down the throats of the citizens, against our wishes. I actually want to thank AV8OR for seeing the sense of our doing something rather than ranting online. We went to the Board of County Commissioners meeting and dropped the required copy of our filing document in the lap of a stunned County Attorney, and proceeded to the District Court to file for a FORTHWITH, Preliminary Injunction against the County Commissioners. This is our attempt to hold up the closing of the construction loan to build this center.

Let me clarify that we are not against the county having a 911 Communications Center. We are against going into debt to build one when there are innumerable buildings sitting empty in the county and a 250 bed Jail facility that will never be filled, that 1 pod could be built into a Communications center for far less money than the county is trying to go ahead and spend to build.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2010 16:08 #2 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Comm Center Update
The question in my mind is how long the County Attorney will take to answer this filing? How long will they drag this out? Will they try to close the loan before responding? What will the Colorado State Bar Association think about that?

15 Dec 2010 16:13 #3 by Something the Dog Said
The answers can be found in the Colorado Civil Rules of Procedure.

The Colorado State Bar Association will take no interest as there is no such entity. The Colorado Supreme Court regulates attorney conduct.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 Dec 2010 16:18 #4 by Nmysys
Thank you.

15 Dec 2010 16:27 #5 by Something the Dog Said
Colorado rules of civil procedure

http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dl ... plates&2.0

also the clerk at the courthouse is usually a good source of procedure.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 Dec 2010 16:28 #6 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Comm Center Update
C.R.C.P. Rule 65 (d)

15 Dec 2010 16:30 #7 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Comm Center Update
For those folks that believe in this cause of action and would like to donate to the legal FEEs hat, please feel free to PM Nmysys or AV8OR.

Thanks!

15 Dec 2010 16:32 #8 by Nmysys
We are not pretending to be the smartest people on the planet or claiming to know anything more than we actually do. What we did today is what I think Park County residents should have been doing all along, instead of ranting and raving on this and other forums, throwing out allegations against those in power or in the political arena, we went to try to do something about it. After we left Fairplay, upon returning to Bailey, we stopped in at the office of The Flume and gave a copy of the filing to the reporter, telling him what we were doing.

There has been enough notice provided to the Board of Commissioners, their attorney, and the citizens of Park County.

15 Dec 2010 16:38 #9 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Comm Center Update
You guys make me proud. To be clear I do not have a dog in this fight I don't live in Park County, and as long as I obey the speed limits I shouldn't have to contribute to the county coffers.

Once again seeing our citizens become active, brings tears to my eyes. :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

15 Dec 2010 16:50 #10 by Nmysys
Thanks Grady.

I hope to see you tomorrow at the lunch.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds