Staring at Death: 'God Blocked the Bullet,'

17 Dec 2010 23:39 #31 by Residenttroll returns

Satchmo wrote: So, I haven't seen where god did this. God told me I'm a carrot. Same thing.

Yea, devil gave the guy a "bad shot."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2010 09:07 #32 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: Have you ever considered the phrase that God works in mysterious ways?

Have you considered the fact that you are just a mere mortal?

I know that is hard for an elitist like you to accept, but you just aren't in his league, so it is impossible for you to know whether he has a sense of humor, or if he truly allows free will, and every once a while, he interferes for a reason only He knows, and understands.

So, you know that it is impossible for Wayne to know if God has a sense of humor. That seems like elitist thinking.

If God truly allows for free will, then he would never interfere in mere mortal concerns. Here's a thought that is sure to get you angry: Why would he block a bullet but not the planes on 9/11?

18 Dec 2010 09:20 #33 by Wayne Harrison
God has a sense of humor. Just look at a giraffe or an avocado -- he made the pit too big. (slightly mangled from "Oh God!") Don't forget the platypus.

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…" (Proverbs 17:22a)

The Bible says that we are created in His image. It makes sense, then, that God Himself would also have laughter, and mirth, and fun as a part of His personality. He has given us the gift of a sense of humor.

18 Dec 2010 09:31 #34 by Photo-fish
God IS a bullet. (have mercy on us everyone)
Johnette Napolitano

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

18 Dec 2010 09:41 #35 by Nmysys
To me an image is a picture, that doesn't include personality, one way or the other. How do we know? Because your brain tells us it is so?

Scruffy: You mock the Bible as if you really don't care. That's your choice.

Wayne:

You have talked about what training you have had, yet you have in my mind over thought it. You are looking for reasons to not accept anything that anyone presents, yet you tell your daughter to seek refuge in the church. Are you just being like JMC and, whatever it is, being against it?

18 Dec 2010 10:21 #36 by Wayne Harrison

Nmysys wrote: You have talked about what training you have had, yet you have in my mind over thought it. You are looking for reasons to not accept anything that anyone presents, yet you tell your daughter to seek refuge in the church. Are you just being like JMC and, whatever it is, being against it?

Thank you Dr. Freud.

The reason I taught her to seek refuge in a church is for safety and solitude. You'd have figured that out if you'd read my post a little more carefully.

18 Dec 2010 10:49 #37 by Residenttroll returns

WhatTheHeckIsMyNickToday wrote:

Nmysys wrote: You have talked about what training you have had, yet you have in my mind over thought it. You are looking for reasons to not accept anything that anyone presents, yet you tell your daughter to seek refuge in the church. Are you just being like JMC and, whatever it is, being against it?

Thank you Dr. Freud.

The reason I taught her to seek refuge in a church is for safety and solitude. You'd have figured that out if you'd read my post a little more carefully.

Depends on the church....I have taught my kids to trust God and if they need a place of safety...find a fire department.

18 Dec 2010 10:50 #38 by Residenttroll returns

Thank you Dr. Freud.

Depends on the church....I have taught my kids to trust God and if they need a place of safety...find a fire department.

18 Dec 2010 10:50 #39 by Residenttroll returns

Thank you Dr. Freud.

Depends on the "church," liberals church is the Sunday Morning News shows and Universities....I have taught my kids to trust God and if they need a place of safety...find a fire department.

18 Dec 2010 10:56 #40 by Wayne Harrison
In Rome there are more churches than Starbucks (900 Churches).... and fire departments are hard to find in an emergency.

But you may want to be careful going into some churches for refuge.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds