God and Liberalism will forever be at odds

17 Dec 2010 16:22 #1 by outdoor338
The schoolyard bully is at it again. He’s making life miserable for the weaker kids and ignoring all the rules. The teachers and school disciplinarians are at the end of their rope trying to cope with the kid. What motivates his behavior? He may be treating others as he has been treated or he may just resent being told how to behave. Whatever his motivation, he is not guided by a constructive nor a productive goal. He is his own authority unless or until someone halts his behavior. Liberals approach life in much the same way. The Liberal mindset does not allow for two gods. When “self” is the god of one’s life, there isn’t room for another god so the obvious solution is to deny the unseen God. It isn’t complicated; this is why Liberals hate God.

http://www.thinkpatriot.com/faith-issue ... -hate-god/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2010 16:32 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Two Gods? What about the Holy Ghost (or Holy Spirit). In Christianity, it is a Trinity and the Holy Ghost always seems to be forgotten.

And actually, a schoolyard bully who believes only in himself and doesn't believe in being nice to others sounds more like a hard-core conservative "It's mine and I won't share". And it's the devil who makes up things that aren't true to try and sway people (i.e. "this is why Liberals hate God.")

I don't know where you pulled that statement from (well, actually I do), but it's not true, unless you believe only conservatives attend church.

17 Dec 2010 16:57 #3 by ckm8
I think he's saying only hard core conservatives are "pure" Christians. The rest of them, (like those squishy Presbyterians and Methodists) don't count.

17 Dec 2010 17:19 #4 by Wayne Harrison
If you follow that line of thinking, Catholics should be the only "pure" Christians, as they are members of the first Christian church, founded by Saint Peter. I believe the rest all came after.

18 Dec 2010 06:45 #5 by outdoor338
wayne..er swarmy..stick to one name..your confusing you liberal pals..they can't keep up with you :Koolaid:

18 Dec 2010 07:59 #6 by FredHayek
Can't agree that liberals are all about self. Or against God. Many priests I know are quite selfless and also quite liberal.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Dec 2010 08:52 #7 by The Viking

WhatTheHeckIsMyNickToday wrote: And actually, a schoolyard bully who believes only in himself and doesn't believe in being nice to others sounds more like a hard-core conservative "It's mine and I won't share".

That statement is 100% inaccurate. Conservatives share far more than Liberals do with their OWN money. It has been proven time and time again that Conservatives are for more genrerous and giving. They give much more to Charity and religious organizations who help others. They give more of thier time to help the less fortunate. Conservatives just don't want to give more money to the government who has been proven to waste money faster than anyone on earth. They want to keep control of more of it to be able to help others.

The Liberal mentality is so bass ackwards. They feel that since they FORCE Conservatives to give more of THEIR money to the government that THEY are the compassionate ones. They feel that the more of OTHER people money they can give away it makes them the GIVERS and the Conservatives are the greedy ones for not wanting it to go to the government and be wasted when they know they can help so many more people with jobs and charity if they can keep more control of it.

18 Dec 2010 09:00 #8 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: The schoolyard bully is at it again. He’s making life miserable for the weaker kids and ignoring all the rules. The teachers and school disciplinarians are at the end of their rope trying to cope with the kid. What motivates his behavior? He may be treating others as he has been treated or he may just resent being told how to behave. Whatever his motivation, he is not guided by a constructive nor a productive goal. He is his own authority unless or until someone halts his behavior. Liberals approach life in much the same way. The Liberal mindset does not allow for two gods. When “self” is the god of one’s life, there isn’t room for another god so the obvious solution is to deny the unseen God. It isn’t complicated; this is why Liberals hate God.

Really? Selfish? Interesting that the Bible tells you to give to anyone that asks - do you?

Matthew 5:42 - "Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

Luke 6:30 - "Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back."

18 Dec 2010 09:04 #9 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: The schoolyard bully is at it again. He’s making life miserable for the weaker kids and ignoring all the rules. The teachers and school disciplinarians are at the end of their rope trying to cope with the kid. What motivates his behavior? He may be treating others as he has been treated or he may just resent being told how to behave. Whatever his motivation, he is not guided by a constructive nor a productive goal. He is his own authority unless or until someone halts his behavior. Liberals approach life in much the same way. The Liberal mindset does not allow for two gods. When “self” is the god of one’s life, there isn’t room for another god so the obvious solution is to deny the unseen God. It isn’t complicated; this is why Liberals hate God.

Really? Selfish? Interesting that the Bible tells you to give to anyone that asks - do you?

Matthew 5:42 - "Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

Luke 6:30 - "Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back."

Yes I do! I give the way God intended. But not to a demanding corrupt wasteful government when I know they are taking that money ans wasting it and taking food and shelter away from those who need it to study field mice of the mating rituals of ants. Conservatives care about people and helping them. Liberals care about taking monet from Conservaties to grow the government bigger to look like THEY are teh ones giving more welfare programs when the majority of it does not come from them. Liberals care more about power, control and votes!

18 Dec 2010 09:06 #10 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote:

And do you really think God thought with our free will that we would be stupid enough as a nation to vote in someone as greedy as wasteful as Pelosi and Reid? NO, we should not give our money to people like that who only care about votes and not people.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds