God and Liberalism will forever be at odds

18 Dec 2010 10:36 #21 by JusSayin

WhatTheHeckIsMyNickToday wrote: Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2

(Scruffy could be an Angel, just checking out your faith)

I find your use of biblical scripture for the sole purpose of (in your mind) supporting your argument to be despicable and a serious affront to me as a Christian.

You are free to choose to believe in and practice any religion you desire—or none at all. But you have no right to abuse mine. It may be a different matter if you were a learned theologian or biblical scholar; but you are not.

And from a person who can NEVER tolerate personal insults, you should know better than to tread down this path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2010 11:08 #22 by Residenttroll returns
Today I finally understand why libtards want Americans to pay for health care. Because when the libtards bodies are broke and they don't have enough money to pay for their own health care ....they want others to pay for it...why? libtards are afraid to find out about the after life so they want to stay earthy as long as possible.

For me, when I am elderly and if I don't have coverage or don't have enough money, I will do the honorably thing and let them pull the plug...heaven's going to be a great place and I don't want to burden future generations.

18 Dec 2010 11:16 #23 by The Viking

Stupidisyournameeveryday wrote: Today I finally understand why libtards want Americans to pay for health care. Because when the libtards bodies are broke and they don't have enough money to pay for their own health care ....they want others to pay for it...why? libtards are afraid to find out about the after life so they want to stay earthy as long as possible.

For me, when I am elderly and if I don't have coverage or don't have enough money, I will do the honorably thing and let them pull the plug...heaven's going to be a great place and I don't want to burden future generations.

Good post! :thumbsup:

18 Dec 2010 11:19 #24 by Wayne Harrison

JusSayin wrote:

WhatTheHeckIsMyNickToday wrote: Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2

I find your use of biblical scripture for the sole purpose of (in your mind) supporting your argument to be despicable and a serious affront to me as a Christian.

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13

18 Dec 2010 11:42 #25 by LadyJazzer
Drives 'em nuts when you quote their own stuff to 'em and it shoots down their sanctimonious silliness...Doesn't it?

18 Dec 2010 11:44 #26 by JusSayin
So, LarryJane came out to play.

18 Dec 2010 11:45 - 18 Dec 2010 12:05 #27 by Residenttroll returns

NutmegGuy wrote:

JusSayin wrote:

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13

This applies to fellow believers. Sorry - thanks for playing! Doesn't apply to morons (fools).

18 Dec 2010 11:45 #28 by outdoor338
Just for you wayne, and LJ of course: Dealing With a Fool: Proverbs 27:3; 17:12; 23:9; 26:1; 4-6; 8; 10; 29:9; 14:7; 13:20
Dealing with fools is difficult. In fact, Proverbs 27:3 says that it is easier to lug around a heavy stone and bag of sand than to put up with a fool. Not only is it difficult; it is dangerous. Proverbs 17:12 declares that it is safer to deal with a mother bear bereft of her cubs than to meet a fool engaged in folly. A she-bear who has been robbed of her cubs will respond with rage to any provocation. At least that much is predictable. What a fool will do is totally unpredictable but often as lethal as the enraged bear. Thus one’s behavior toward fools is a significant part of wisdom.

The first advice these proverbs give is to watch what you say around a fool. Proverbs 23:9 advises complete silence. The expression, "Do not speak in the hearing of a fool," does not mean to refuse to talk whenever an undesirable character might overhear. The Hebrew literally says not to speak in the "ears" of a fool. The point is to not address a fool directly. Don’t waste time trying to instruct a fool; it is wasted effort. Proverbs 26:4 provides similar instruction. Answering a fool when he has said something stupid brings you down to his level. It is not worth it. However, the following verse commands the reader to answer a fool according to his folly so his foolishness will not go uncontested.

The contradiction of Proverbs 26:4 and 26:5 has often been troublesome to those who did not understand the way proverbs work. Even some of the Rabbis at various times in Jewish history have questioned the right of Proverbs to be in the canon of Scripture on the basis of these two verses. Garrett, however (p. 212), notes that these two proverbs "illustrate the principle that aphorisms are by nature generalizations that do not give the exhaustive truth on a whole corpus of wisdom."

In fact the two proverbs need to be together to bring out the difficult of dealing with a fool. It is what Kidner (p. 162) calls "the dilemma of those who would reason with the unreasonable." The conclusion is that a wise person must make a careful choice every time he or she is addressed by a fool. That choice is between being dragged down to the fool’s level by responding or letting folly remain unanswered. One thing is clear. Proverbs 29:9 says, "Don’t argue with a fool." The Hebrew text suggests arguments that end up in court of law. Litigation with a fool is dangerous, but so are arguments in general. Do not expect an objective effort to learn the truth. Whether by mockery or by blustering fury the argument will be emotionally violent.

Neither should a wise person trust a fool to accomplish anything without some kind of trouble. Proverbs 26:6 says that sending a message via a fool is a sure recipe for trouble. To hire a fool off the street is to risk immense damage according to Proverbs 26:10. The Hebrew text of this proverb is garbled and there have been many interpretations of what the proverb originally intended. One of the more probable of such interpretations is that a person may as well begin randomly shooting arrows into a crowd as to hire a fool. The point of the verse, however it may have been originally worded, is that no important task should be put into fools’ hands.

Proverbs 14:7 and 13:20 suggest that the best way to deal with a fool is to avoid his company altogether. As Aitken says (p. 105) a fool generously shares his folly with his companions and fellowship with him will tend to cause one to share in that folly. Neither the words nor the experiences of a fool lead to wisdom. One might learn valuable lessons from the sad ends to which fools come, but companions of the fools share in the ruin rather than learning from it. The fool should be left to suffer the consequences of his foolishness himself. By no means should honor or public position be granted to a fool according to Proverbs 26:1 and 8. Snow in the summer is just out of place. Rain during the harvest season is harmful. A stone tied into the sling is downright dangerous. All three descriptions are applied to the idea of granting honor to a fool.

18 Dec 2010 11:57 #29 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote: Fine, give me your house, your car and all your money. I need it. If you really think that is what it means then give it to me. :bash :bash

I'm not a Christian, so I don't have to obey the Bible. You're a Christian, but don't obey the Bible.

18 Dec 2010 12:00 #30 by outdoor338
Your judging...that's ok with you?..Oh, I forgot all liberals like to judge and not be judged..thank's for reminding me..

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds