Ultimate "Blame-the-Victim"...Tucson style...

13 Jan 2011 18:19 #11 by Beeks
Why can't all of you realize this?? LJ has gone off the deep end a bit, but the counter arguments of "he's a lefty" have been numerous on these boards. He was a nut. Not a right wing nut, and not a left wing nut, just a friggin nut. I understand trying to lay blame, it's human nature, but sheesh....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 18:22 #12 by Martin Ent Inc
What BEEKS said.

13 Jan 2011 18:45 #13 by Travelingirl
In general, I agree with you Beeks, but I take issue with a couple of things:

1. LJ has gone WAY off the deep end, not a bit. No one has been as caustic on this tragedy as she has been. Just go back and read her OP after the shooting for proof. If I remember correctly she even titled the OP that the congresswoman had been "shot dead in the head" which was a horrible thing to post. I've never seen such hateful exploitation.

2. Most if not ALL of us realized the guy was nuts and didn't assign blame to anyone. So to ask "why can't all of you realize this" isn't really fair but I do understand your frustration.

13 Jan 2011 18:47 #14 by LadyJazzer
I reported her DEAD because that was the next news report from NPR, and when it was shown to be false, I removed it... Get over yourself.

13 Jan 2011 18:48 #15 by Travelingirl
Get over your hate.

13 Jan 2011 18:54 #16 by archer

travelingirl wrote: Get over your hate.

get over yourself....I haven't seen you ask the poster who threatend all the liberals that they would die if they didn't become conservatives to get over their hate. This double standard is getting old. Liberals can't say hello with out the conservatives saying that it is hateful.

BTW.....I saw the same reports LJ did in the short minutes after the shooting, NPR reported that the congresswoman had died, But hey, it's probably LJ's fault that they did that.

13 Jan 2011 18:56 #17 by Travelingirl
so how is it kissing LJ's hairy aSS? We've all been wondering that all week Archer.

13 Jan 2011 19:06 #18 by Beeks

LJ has gone WAY off the deep end, not a bit. No one has been as caustic on this tragedy as she has been.

I beg to differ, plenty of "caustic" to go around on both sides. Perhaps a matter of perspective and opinion.

Most if not ALL of us realized the guy was nuts and didn't assign blame to anyone.

Again, I would disagree. A quick read of the various threads shows me that there's plenty of folks blaming anybody and everybody that they can think of.

so how is it kissing LJ's hairy aSS? We've all been wondering that all week Archer.

Yeah, that's hardly "caustic" at all. Good thing that you're as pure as the driven snow.

13 Jan 2011 19:09 #19 by Travelingirl
...still wondering. :pop

13 Jan 2011 19:25 #20 by archer

travelingirl wrote: ...still wondering. :pop

Gee, and if you don't get an answer you'll stomp your feet and have a tantrum?

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds