Ultimate "Blame-the-Victim"...Tucson style...

13 Jan 2011 11:40 #1 by LadyJazzer

Tucson Tea Party Founder Blames Giffords For Getting Shot: ‘The Real Case Is That She Had No Security’

In March 2010, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) warned that the rhetoric from the tea parties and Sarah Palin was potentially dangerous. “I can say that in the years that some of my colleagues have served — 20, 30 years — they’ve never seen it like this…when people do that, they’ve gotta realize there’s consequences to that action,” she said on MSNBC. Tucson Tea Party co-founder Trent Humphries called Giffords’ previous concerns about violent rhetoric “political gamesmanship,” claiming that if Giffords was so concerned, then she is to blame for Saturday’s shootings because she “had no security whatsoever”:

Trent Humphries wrote: “It’s political gamesmanship. The real case is that she [Giffords] had no security whatsoever at this event. So if she lived under a constant fear of being targeted, if she lived under this constant fear of this rhetoric and hatred that was seething, why would she attend an event in full view of the public with no security whatsoever?” he said. “For all the stuff they accuse her [Palin] of, that gun poster has not done a tenth of the damage to the political discourse as what we’re hearing right now.”

Humphries also told the Guardian that Saturday’s shootings in Tucson are “evolving into a conspiracy to destroy his organization and silence criticism of the government.”

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/ar ... paragraph2

Well, there you have it... She's responsible for her own damned assassination attempt... Once again, you can't make this stuff up....

:Loco:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 11:54 #2 by AV8OR
OH, I thought it was the GUN's fault.

13 Jan 2011 11:56 #3 by Scruffy
No, according to the teabagger, it's Gifford's fault.

13 Jan 2011 12:36 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
Everyone is ultimately responsible for their own saftey.
In hindsight she supposedly knew of the threats as a political person and should have taken precautions as such, even if only minimal.

13 Jan 2011 12:40 #5 by Grady
if you beleive a lefty blog

13 Jan 2011 12:41 - 13 Jan 2011 12:57 #6 by LadyJazzer
Obviously, you didn't watch the video... I don't think the "lefty blogs" have figured out a way to protect Teabagger nut-jobs from saying the things they say when they're on-camera.

13 Jan 2011 12:51 #7 by conifermtman
The way I see this is that Gifford really didn't think the Tea Party was a threat or any conservative was going to off her. Her comments were pure political rhetoric or she would of had security. Unfortunately for her, she was gunned down by a psycho. The shooter was completely removed from the political process and had no ties to any groups, right or left. Even Obama realizes this, why can't you?

13 Jan 2011 13:06 #8 by Scruffy
Nothing happens in a vacuum.

13 Jan 2011 13:11 #9 by jf1acai

Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Vacuum tube radios don't work? Please don't tell the one I have, I kind of like it :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

13 Jan 2011 16:51 #10 by Travelingirl

conifermtman wrote: The way I see this is that Gifford really didn't think the Tea Party was a threat or any conservative was going to off her. Her comments were pure political rhetoric or she would of had security. Unfortunately for her, she was gunned down by a psycho. The shooter was completely removed from the political process and had no ties to any groups, right or left. Even Obama realizes this, why can't you?

Why can't LJ realize this? Because she continues to exploit the tragedy to regurgitate her hatred. And she had her heart removed to make room for her stomach.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds