Happy Robert E Lee Day

17 Jan 2011 21:18 #31 by Residenttroll returns

JMC wrote:

daisypusher wrote: JMC - you really need to do more research on the Civil War and Robert E Lee. You are way out there... IMO.

Lee wa a great General but fought for the wrong cause and does not deserve a holiday. I know about the Civil War, just am not honoring a General that defended the succession of the South so they could keep slavery. Simple.

....yeah and Pete Rose doesn't belong in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Robert E. Lee was a great American mililtary leader.

Can't wait to learn JMC's revisitionist liberal history about Sam Houston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2011 21:23 #32 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic Happy Robert E Lee Day
Lincoln was able to win the Presidential Election of 1860 without even being on the ballot in Southern states. Talk about partisan politics. I wonder if something like that happened today whether the block of excluded states would feel the need to secede.

17 Jan 2011 21:32 #33 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Happy Robert E Lee Day

daisypusher wrote: Lincoln was able to win the Presidential Election of 1860 without even being on the ballot in Southern states. Talk about partisan politics. I wonder if something like that happened today whether the block of excluded states would feel the need to secede.

I think that issue has been settled DP.

17 Jan 2011 21:32 #34 by Residenttroll returns
General Denver supported slavery in this territory. Maybe we should rename Denver to El Cuidad of Sheridan.

17 Jan 2011 21:35 #35 by JMC

residenttroll wrote: General Denver supported slavery in this territory. Maybe we should rename Denver to El Cuidad of Sheridan.

Lets rename Denver, "Greater Bailey"

17 Jan 2011 21:37 #36 by Residenttroll returns

JMC wrote:

daisypusher wrote: Lincoln was able to win the Presidential Election of 1860 without even being on the ballot in Southern states. Talk about partisan politics. I wonder if something like that happened today whether the block of excluded states would feel the need to secede.

I think that issue has been settled DP.

JMC should embrace Robert E. Lee's contribution to America. He, like the Democrats, blocked the "Radical Republicans" on their efforts give free slaves the right to vote.

Liberals use slavery as the reason of civil war like they do with oil and Iraq - they don't even understand what really caused the war.

17 Jan 2011 21:40 #37 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Happy Robert E Lee Day
They don't have too. Someone else already told them what to think.

17 Jan 2011 21:42 #38 by Residenttroll returns

JMC wrote:

residenttroll wrote: General Denver supported slavery in this territory. Maybe we should rename Denver to El Cuidad of Sheridan.

Bailey's Dam

17 Jan 2011 21:46 #39 by JMC

residenttroll wrote:

JMC wrote:

Bailey's Dam

Wasn't naming it for some Texas Bailey Dam,

17 Jan 2011 22:37 #40 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Happy Robert E Lee Day
Considering the continuing depopulation of the Rust Belt, the South might have won, just not the 1st Civil War. Of course I have also heard the invasion of the South by Yankees these days just means those Carpetbaggers are back ruining the land with housing developments.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds