Corporate profits way up, quality of life for us, way down

20 Jan 2011 09:25 #11 by cydl

SS109 wrote: My stock market holdings have done very well over the past 20 years and have more than recovered from the hiccup a couple years ago. Looks like you invested in the wrong companies, try to find growing small and medium sized companies in niche markets.

Or are you just spouting Olberman talking points?

I have nothing in the market. Pulled out many years ago when it became apparent to me it was a scam. There are better ways to save.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 09:28 #12 by Mayhem
Please cite the example of this hypocrite calling for higher taxes when he had just made his first million. Yet another example of the ruling class trying to keep everyone else down.

20 Jan 2011 09:30 #13 by LadyJazzer
When you have read...and digested...the other 12 articles I have posted, then you can do your own Google search of what Buffett may, or may not, have said after making his first million.

I don't have to go any farther than the Koch Brothers for examples of the rich, ruling class trying to keep everyone else down.

20 Jan 2011 11:14 #15 by Ronbo

cydl wrote:

SS109 wrote: My stock market holdings have done very well over the past 20 years and have more than recovered from the hiccup a couple years ago. Looks like you invested in the wrong companies, try to find growing small and medium sized companies in niche markets.

Or are you just spouting Olberman talking points?

I have nothing in the market. Pulled out many years ago when it became apparent to me it was a scam. There are better ways to save.

Too bad for you. Sounds like you pulled out when the market was near it's bottom. Over the past 2 years I have made greater than a 60% rate of return in the stock market.

20 Jan 2011 11:21 #16 by Local_Historian

Vice Lord wrote: Corporate profits are way up people..I don't see any of it trickling down, do you?

Sure, I'm seeing something trickle down - higher prices on gas, food, a lot of things. I have yet to see jobs trickle down.

And I'm spouting verifiable facts - you can go to any gas station or grocery store for these.

I also see very few job listings of the kind not dedicated to phone sales or debt collections - the only boom in jobs lately.

20 Jan 2011 12:05 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Corporate profits way up, quality of life for us, way down

SS109 wrote: It doesn't sound like you are hurting. If you want some of those corporate profits, you can buy stock in the corporations,

Only a Moron would play the stock market, like you know anything about these companies youre betting on...You brain dead drones get sucked into every con on earth, don't you?

20 Jan 2011 12:07 #18 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Corporate profits way up, quality of life for us, way down

cydl wrote: VL is right on this one. The corporations are robbing us blind, both economically and socially, just as they did when the railroad robber barons and the mining thugs ran the country. The stock market, in my opinion, is one big Ponzi scheme. Us little folks put money into IRAs and 401Ks (because the corporations sucked up retirement plans) and then the big guys raid it all and we start over again. Some assert that a totally free market will adjust itself, but I don't buy it. A totally free market will simply serve the greedheads and make the rest of us slaves.

I got a new friend here!

20 Jan 2011 12:09 #19 by UNDER MODERATION

Baileyboy wrote:

Grady wrote:
I don't suppose you have an actual source?

Sure he does. He's been reading Jared Loughner's writings.

Hey- look in the mirror...That's you, remember? He is no different than any of you angry white, backwood, rightwingnut crackers.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds