They are Not Just Coming Here for Jobs

31 Jan 2011 11:18 #21 by Grady

towermonkey wrote: Yeah, get rid of them Mexicans, and we won't have no more crime.

This thread is not about Mexicans, if you want to rant about Mexicans start your own thread.

This thread is about illegals regardless of their country of orgin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2011 11:50 #22 by Pony Soldier

31 Jan 2011 16:08 #23 by Rick

towermonkey wrote: Yeah, get rid of them Mexicans, and we won't have no more crime.

I would imagine you may feel differently if ILLEGALS were walking through your property, or maybe you would invite them into your home for a sandwich?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Jan 2011 16:27 #24 by Photo-fish

CriticalBill wrote: I would imagine you may feel differently if ILLEGALS were walking through your property, or maybe you would invite them into your home for a sandwich?

No, I'd offer them some water too and then give them directions to Nymys' house. :biggrin:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

31 Jan 2011 16:37 #25 by Blazer Bob

Photo-fish wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: I would imagine you may feel differently if ILLEGALS were walking through your property, or maybe you would invite them into your home for a sandwich?

No, I'd offer them some water too and then give them directions to Nymys' house. :biggrin:

I believe that would make you an accessory.

31 Jan 2011 19:15 #26 by Pony Soldier

CriticalBill wrote:

I would imagine you may feel differently if ILLEGALS were walking through your property, or maybe you would invite them into your home for a sandwich?

You make them sound like monsters. They're not. Get over your prejudices and look at it again.

31 Jan 2011 19:30 #27 by HEARTLESS
What part of private property don't you understand towermonkey? If you're on mine uninvited, that makes you a tresspasser (and depending how ugly you are, maybe a monster).

The silent majority will be silent no more.

31 Jan 2011 22:42 #28 by Pony Soldier
Lets just say, for the sake of argument, that you grew up poor. Not poor by American standards, but POOR. You might get meat on the dinner table once a week, if you're lucky. Its not because your lazy, but because there are no jobs. Lets just say that you hear about a much better life for you and your family and all you have to do is cross a border that is undefended. Most people in that situation would make the crossing. If you are one of those who wouldn't, then I guess you're one of the ones who would let his family go hungry in the name of law and order. If that's who you are, then I really don't want to converse with you any more anyway.

01 Feb 2011 03:43 #29 by HEARTLESS
Yep, they are all just misunderstood. Especially the murderous drug thugs.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Feb 2011 09:06 #30 by Grady

towermonkey wrote: Lets just say, for the sake of argument, that you grew up poor. Not poor by American standards, but POOR. You might get meat on the dinner table once a week, if you're lucky. Its not because your lazy, but because there are no jobs. Lets just say that you hear about a much better life for you and your family and all you have to do is cross a border that is undefended. Most people in that situation would make the crossing. If you are one of those who wouldn't, then I guess you're one of the ones who would let his family go hungry in the name of law and order. If that's who you are, then I really don't want to converse with you any more anyway.

I have sympathy for the poor and for those wanting to better themselves and their families, however we do have borders and we have laws. When people cross our borders without permission or over stay their legal visits, they become violators and as such should be returned to their country of origin post haste after serving appropriate time in a suitable detention facility. Yes it takes time and money but there are legal means to legally come here.

As my dad used to say "if it's worth doing it's worth doing right"

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds