They are Not Just Coming Here for Jobs

24 Jan 2011 21:01 #1 by Grady
Border Patrol finds weapons cache near Rio Grande:

BROWNSVILLE — A “suspicious object protruding from the brush” in Starr County led Border Patrol agents to a weapons cache that included an AK-47, three M4-style assault rifles, hand grenades, military-style uniforms and other related items, Customs and Border Protection said Monday.

Link to the story

and

Border agents seize $1.7 million in cocaine

BROWNSVILLE — U.S. Customs officers in Del Rio found a cocaine load valued at $1.7 million hidden in barrels of roofing cement and the head rack of the pickup, Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday.

The seizure occurred Friday at the Del Rio port of entry. The officers found 21 packages of cocaine with a total weight of 54 pounds.

The driver, a 54-year-old Mexican citizen with an address in Del Rio, was turned over to federal authorities

Linky Link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2011 23:36 #2 by Residenttroll returns
Grady,

You are profiling the poor people of Mexico...they come to America for a better life.

25 Jan 2011 09:27 #3 by Local_Historian
Yes, crimminals come into the US to sell drugs. US citizens who are crimminals go into Mexico to get the drugs and bring them back here to sell. Does that make every citizen of either country crimminal?

Overgeneraliztions= message failure.

25 Jan 2011 10:06 #4 by Grady

Local_Historian wrote: Yes, crimminals come into the US to sell drugs. US citizens who are crimminals go into Mexico to get the drugs and bring them back here to sell. Does that make every citizen of either country crimminal?

Of course not, they become criminal as soon as they violate the laws of either country. Crossing our border without proper authorization or over staying one’s legally authorized stay, is a violation of the law and as such is criminal. Whatever the reason for violating the law, it’s still criminal. :bash

25 Jan 2011 10:18 #5 by Blazer Bob
Simple solution, legalize drugs. Save hundreds of billions on enforcement and incarceration costs.

Grady wrote: Border Patrol finds weapons cache near Rio Grande:

BROWNSVILLE — A “suspicious object protruding from the brush” in Starr County led Border Patrol agents to a weapons cache that included an AK-47, three M4-style assault rifles, hand grenades, military-style uniforms and other related items, Customs and Border Protection said Monday.

Link to the story

and

Border agents seize $1.7 million in cocaine

BROWNSVILLE — U.S. Customs officers in Del Rio found a cocaine load valued at $1.7 million hidden in barrels of roofing cement and the head rack of the pickup, Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday.

The seizure occurred Friday at the Del Rio port of entry. The officers found 21 packages of cocaine with a total weight of 54 pounds.

The driver, a 54-year-old Mexican citizen with an address in Del Rio, was turned over to federal authorities

Linky Link

25 Jan 2011 12:29 #6 by Local_Historian
Point missed Neptune - I was calling someone on their overgeneralization that all Mexicans are crimminals.

25 Jan 2011 12:36 #7 by Blazer Bob

Local_Historian wrote: Point missed Neptune - I was calling someone on their overgeneralization that all Mexicans are crimminals.

My comment was addressed to the OP, not your post. I did not see the overgeneralization in the OP.

Perhaps it was in the embedded links, but I did not follow any of them.

25 Jan 2011 12:57 #8 by Grady
Where did I say anything about Mexicans?
What I said was

“Of course not, they become criminal as soon as they violate the laws of either country. Crossing our border without proper authorization or over staying one’s legally authorized stay, is a violation of the law and as such is criminal. Whatever the reason for violating the law, it’s still criminal.

Just be absolutly clear, any person or persons regardless of country of orgin crossing our border without proper authorization or over staying one’s legally authorized stay, is in violation of the law and as such is criminal. Whatever the reason for violating the law, it’s still criminal.

25 Jan 2011 13:01 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
So it's Not just for the Pizza.

25 Jan 2011 17:04 #10 by Rick

Local_Historian wrote: Yes, crimminals come into the US to sell drugs. US citizens who are crimminals go into Mexico to get the drugs and bring them back here to sell. Does that make every citizen of either country crimminal?

I missed the overgeneralized part...where is it?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds