They are Not Just Coming Here for Jobs

06 May 2011 14:48 #51 by Grady

towermonkey wrote: Yep, no citizens are ever criminals. . . .

towermonkey wrote: Not at all, but it is not at the top of my list of things to worry about. A small percentage of any crowd is going to have criminal tendencies. I don't consider it criminal to come here for work illegally, just illegal.

That is some fine examples of twisted logic. :bangdsk

Definition of CRIMINAL
1: relating to, involving, or being a crime <criminal neglect>
2: relating to crime or to the prosecution of suspects in a crime <criminal statistics> <brought criminal action>
Synonyms: illegal, felonious, illegitimate, illicit, lawless, unlawful, wrongful

From Merriam-Webster.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2011 16:19 #52 by Nmysys

I don't consider it criminal to come here for work illegally, just illegal.

Are you serious? Illegal=Criminal

06 May 2011 16:22 #53 by Kate

Nmysys wrote:

I don't consider it criminal to come here for work illegally, just illegal.

Are you serious? Illegal=Criminal

So, we should stop calling them "illegal aliens" and call them "criminal aliens?"

06 May 2011 16:24 #54 by Kate
For that matter, whenever an American breaks the law, we should start calling them "criminal citizens?"

06 May 2011 16:31 #55 by Nmysys
But will that be PC?

06 May 2011 16:43 #56 by Grady

Kate wrote: whenever an American breaks the law, we should start calling them "criminal citizens?"

That would be a true statement, but superfluous because in most jurisdictions citizens far outnumber illegals.

06 May 2011 16:48 #57 by Kate

Grady wrote:

Kate wrote: whenever an American breaks the law, we should start calling them "criminal citizens?"

That would be a true statement, but superfluous because in most jurisdictions citizens far outnumber illegals.

You mean "citizens far outnumber non-citizens," because "illegals" could mean any criminal in the States.

For that matter, we could call illegal aliens "criminal non-citizens."

BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw Nmysys speeding today on the highway. Until he is brought to justice and made to pay for his crime, that makes him a "criminal citizen."

06 May 2011 17:02 #58 by Nmysys

BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw Nmysys speeding today on the highway. Until he is brought to justice and made to pay for his crime, that makes him a "criminal citizen."

Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't even been out of the house today, no less speeding on 285. Really can't say that there is ever a need to rush to get anywhere.

06 May 2011 17:09 #59 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic They are Not Just Coming Here for Jobs

Grady wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Yes, crimminals come into the US to sell drugs. US citizens who are crimminals go into Mexico to get the drugs and bring them back here to sell. Does that make every citizen of either country crimminal?

Overgeneraliztions= message failure.

Of course not, they become criminal as soon as they violate the laws of either country. Crossing our border without proper authorization or over staying one’s legally authorized stay, is a violation of the law and as such is criminal. Whatever the reason for violating the law, it’s still criminal. :bash

Grady is a lot like one of those Japense soldiers they found in caves 5 years after the war was over..

The war is over old timer..and you lost

06 May 2011 17:12 #60 by Grady

Kate wrote: BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw Nmysys speeding today on the highway. Until he is brought to justice and made to pay for his crime, that makes him a "criminal citizen."

You have no proof; you might have seen somebody who looks like Nmysys, driving something that looked like Nmysys’s car. Therefore you cannot state the Nmysys is a criminal, and without knowing if Nmysys is a citizen or not you cannot even state that Nmysys is in fact a citizen.
An illegal alien however has committed an illegal act, either by sneaking across our sovereign border or by overstaying a legal visit. They have no right to be here, unless they have been authorized by the federal government. No you cannot tell an illegal by appearances, or by language spoken.

Just for clarification I am reasonably certian Nmysys is a citizen in good standing and not a criminal. :wave:

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds