IREA/Dozier Land Deal

22 Feb 2011 18:37 #1 by DaffyDick
Rumors are circulating about a questionable land purchase on the part of IREA. The person selling the land to IREA is IREA Board member James Dozier, Director District #2. The sale was to accommodate a substation expansion around Hartsel.

It would take extremely unusual circumstances where this type of transaction would be legal. Ethics also come into question.

Since Mr. Dozier is up for re-election to the IREA Board, it would in the best interest of IREA members, if details of this transaction were made public.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2011 18:39 #2 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
They were at the last 285 TEA Party meeting.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

22 Feb 2011 19:15 #3 by Ice
Replied by Ice on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal

DaffyDick wrote: Rumors are circulating about a questionable land purchase on the part of IREA. The person selling the land to IREA is IREA Board member James Dozier, Director District #2. The sale was to accommodate a substation expansion around Hartsel.

It would take extremely unusual circumstances where this type of transaction would be legal. Ethics also come into question.

Since Mr. Dozier is up for re-election to the IREA Board, it would in the best interest of IREA members, if details of this transaction were made public.

Not too surprised about potential conflicts of interest.

22 Feb 2011 20:02 #4 by hvgal
Replied by hvgal on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
good luck with that one!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 Feb 2011 20:39 #5 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
I'm not sure if the purpose of this thread was to actually get an answer or just to keep the rumors going and discredit someone that doesn't meet your Green standards Daffy. But you don't have to be a genius to look up the land in question on the Park County assessor site to know who sold it, how much was paid, who bought it, etc. Then you could determine how long the seller owned it, was it a quick flip or a long term investment and so on. But why bring facts into a perfectly good rumor thread?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

22 Feb 2011 21:02 #6 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

23 Feb 2011 06:31 #7 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
This e-mail was received by the group after the Debate between Mr. Dozier and Mr. Matson and because of this posting I thought it appropriate that I share it.:

Date: Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: 285-Corridor Tea Party Group meeting of 2/17/2011
<This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

xxxxx

I congratulate Ron (?) for his appropriate censure of Mat Matson for his (Matson's) wholly inappropriate attack on Duke Dozier as to the land transaction to facilitate expansion of IREA's substation. My corporate experience includes significant "exposure" as an officer of publicly-owned companies, and everything I know says to me that was an appropriately arms-length transaction. IREA got what it needed at a price that was favorable to Members. I think Matson demonstrated his naivete.

All the best,

XXXXXXXXXXXX

23 Feb 2011 06:57 #8 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
But don't forget, he is a student :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol

23 Feb 2011 07:08 #9 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
That was except for his attack on Duke Dosier, the only thing he had to say, That he would be a good student.

23 Feb 2011 08:20 #10 by DaffyDick
Replied by DaffyDick on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal

HEARTLESS wrote: I'm not sure if the purpose of this thread was to actually get an answer or just to keep the rumors going and discredit someone that doesn't meet your Green standards Daffy. But you don't have to be a genius to look up the land in question on the Park County assessor site to know who sold it, how much was paid, who bought it, etc. Then you could determine how long the seller owned it, was it a quick flip or a long term investment and so on. But why bring facts into a perfectly good rumor thread?

The purpose of the posting was to actually get an answer, and to question the legality and ethics of the transaction. If that means keeping a rumor going until questions are answered, so be it. I by no means intend to discredit anyone. This questionable transaction is doing that.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds