IREA/Dozier Land Deal

23 Feb 2011 17:12 #41 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
Sorry I didn't get a response out earlier, but I have been out cutting and delivering firewood all day, or I would have answered earlier. I have been around here for quite a few years and have become familiar with, not friends by any means, don't run in the same social circles, Duke Dozier. I actually looked at the ranch to purchase a number of years ago when I was still working and then able to afford it.

If you notice the e-mail I copied to this thread, I actually stood up and stated that over all the years I have been here, I have never heard any criticism of the man in regards to his ethics or integrity. We don't always agree politically though he is quite the Conservative, but I do feel he is an honest man of integrity. That is my personal opinion, and definitely not solicited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2011 22:28 #42 by DaffyDick
Replied by DaffyDick on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
If one were to go to Rosalie Road and Hwy 285, they may notice a frontage road that runs east to west in front of Dynamic Properties, a storage center, and automotive repair shop, and Hog Heaven. That frontage road used to be what is now Hwy 285.

The property south of that road is owned by different individuals, but the property between the road and the present Hwy 285 is now owned by IREA. The property was purchased by IREA in 2008 from the Dozier family. The property, which is basically a gully wetlands type of property with absolutely no value, was purchased by IREA from the Dozier family for $337,500.

Did Dozier take the lowest bid for the sake of the electric grid, or did he offload a useless property at the expense of IREA shareholders?

05 Mar 2011 08:10 #43 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
Why would the other board members agree to buy useless land?

05 Mar 2011 08:46 #44 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
It doesn't appear to be useless land right adjacent to Hwy285, for power for the whole Burland area. Maybe DD ought to contact the District Attorney's office or the Attorney General's office and present some kind of proof that a visible deal was actually some kind of cover-up for a swindle of some kind, instead of destroying a good mans reputation without any proof.

It seems to me that over many years Duke Dozier has been involved in many land sales and development deals worth millions of dollars, making it seem pretty slim odds that he actually would be involved in anything shady, unethical or illegal, and take the chance of ruining his reputation in this area.

I don't have any dog in the fight, just an IREA stockholder and property owner in the area, and in this case putting in my knowledge of the man and his reputation. I have always been impressed by his business knowledge and dealings. Most if not all, to me have been for the betterment of this community.

05 Mar 2011 11:24 #45 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
This whole episode pretty much makes the case that old age combined with boredom and envy make for great comedy :lol:

05 Mar 2011 15:19 #46 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
It is a good thing to question these kinds of deals, but when the question has been answered, it appears to be tilting at windmills.

05 Mar 2011 15:49 #47 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal

towermonkey wrote: It is a good thing to question these kinds of deals, but when the question has been answered, it appears to be tilting at windmills.

:yeahthat:

05 Mar 2011 22:04 #48 by DaffyDick

Nmysys wrote: It doesn't appear to be useless land right adjacent to Hwy285, for power for the whole Burland area. Maybe DD ought to contact the District Attorney's office or the Attorney General's office and present some kind of proof that a visible deal was actually some kind of cover-up for a swindle of some kind, instead of destroying a good mans reputation without any proof.

It seems to me that over many years Duke Dozier has been involved in many land sales and development deals worth millions of dollars, making it seem pretty slim odds that he actually would be involved in anything shady, unethical or illegal, and take the chance of ruining his reputation in this area.

I don't have any dog in the fight, just an IREA stockholder and property owner in the area, and in this case putting in my knowledge of the man and his reputation. I have always been impressed by his business knowledge and dealings. Most if not all, to me have been for the betterment of this community.

Wait. I thought this was about a power line from Hartsel to Fairplay. What does it have to do with Burland?

22 Apr 2011 22:57 #49 by DaffyDick
Have you seen any construction activity on the worthless property that IREA bought from Dozier?

He sold useless property at IREA users expense.

That sale had nothing to do with the transmission line from Hartsel to Fairplay.

23 Apr 2011 05:43 #50 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
Keep looking Dick and don't let facts get in your way. I have to believe your way out on the edge on this one, even the other conspiracy theory folks are not joining your little rant and we know they will jump in their Subaru's and fight for almost any cause.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds