IREA/Dozier Land Deal

23 Feb 2011 15:49 #31 by DaffyDick
Replied by DaffyDick on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal

HEARTLESS wrote: Fact number 1, both of you have been posting negative speculation regarding IREA, Kempe and now Dozier on Pinecam and 285 Bound for some time. Care to enlighten us as to your agenda?

First of all, I have never said anything negative about Mike Kempe. I have the utmost respect for the man.

Secondly, I have no agenda other than truth, honesty, and ethics--three concepts lacking at IREA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2011 15:59 #32 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
So only Mike Kempe meets your judgements. But the rest of IREA is dishonest and unethical. Care to expound on that? Remember, as a member owned co-op they don't need to meet the same requirements as for profit utilities like Excel.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

23 Feb 2011 16:02 #33 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal

DaffyDick wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: I'm not sure if the purpose of this thread was to actually get an answer or just to keep the rumors going and discredit someone that doesn't meet your Green standards Daffy. But you don't have to be a genius to look up the land in question on the Park County assessor site to know who sold it, how much was paid, who bought it, etc. Then you could determine how long the seller owned it, was it a quick flip or a long term investment and so on. But why bring facts into a perfectly good rumor thread?

Perhaps you could help me out here. How long did the seller own the property before he sold it? I don't see how you can determine that by looking at the record.

The county really ought to have that information.

23 Feb 2011 16:34 #34 by DaffyDick

Grady wrote:

DaffyDick wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: I'm not sure if the purpose of this thread was to actually get an answer or just to keep the rumors going and discredit someone that doesn't meet your Green standards Daffy. But you don't have to be a genius to look up the land in question on the Park County assessor site to know who sold it, how much was paid, who bought it, etc. Then you could determine how long the seller owned it, was it a quick flip or a long term investment and so on. But why bring facts into a perfectly good rumor thread?

Perhaps you could help me out here. How long did the seller own the property before he sold it? I don't see how you can determine that by looking at the record.

The county really ought to have that information.

Grady,
Every county is different. Jeffco property records are much more detailed than Park County. If you can find out anything from looking at the record I gave earlier, I would certainly appreciate it.

I would like to know (1) when did Dozier buy the property he sold to IREA, and (2) what did he pay for it?

23 Feb 2011 16:37 #35 by Granny Bea
Replied by Granny Bea on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
Mr Dozier stated at the meeting that the land in question was originally owned by his father. Now it is owned by Mr Dozier and one or two sisters.
Mr Dozier's father sold a parcel to IREA adjoining the piece that was recently sold. When IREA needed to expand they bought the piece a joining the original land. Mr Dozier stated that there were three(3) appraisals they sold it for the lowest one.

What would you have them do? Where is this unethical?

If you want more information why don't you ask Mr Dozier or IREA for an accounting.
I am sure that would be the most honorable way to get information.

23 Feb 2011 16:42 #36 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal

Granny Bea wrote: Mr Dozier stated at the meeting that the land in question was originally owned by his father. Now it is owned by Mr Dozier and one or two sisters.
Mr Dozier's father sold a parcel to IREA adjoining the piece that was recently sold. When IREA needed to expand they bought the piece a joining the original land. Mr Dozier stated that there were three(3) appraisals they sold it for the lowest one.

If you want more information why don't you ask Mr Dozier or IREA for an accounting.

Well, this is more information than all four pages of this thread combined. If this is how it occurred, I don't see any problem.

23 Feb 2011 16:46 #37 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
granny Bea is dead on, that's what I heard at the meeting! That is what Dozier shared with all of us.

Mr Dozier stated at the meeting that the land in question was originally owned by his father. Now it is owned by Mr Dozier and one or two sisters.

23 Feb 2011 16:49 #38 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal
I might try to enlighten you as to the history of the land. From what I know of the Dozier family, in 1950 they actually owned approximately 12,000 acres of the area. From what I can gather that encompassed most of the top of Crow hill. The Deer Creek Valley Ranch was the family residence since 1950. Woodside, Mill Iron-D, The Ranchos, etc. were developed by him. The land that the Cemetery is on and where the Cattle are on the South Side, as well as a good part of the Burland area were also owned by the Dozier Family. To make allegations that this land was a speculative sale is ludicrous, but typical of someone looking to find fault in someone like Duke Dozier. At the Tea Party meeting he mentioned that he and his sister made the decision to sell this particular piece of land to the IREA.

BTW the assessed value of raw land is very rarely anywhere near the value on the marketplace to a buyer. Fair Market Value is determined by what someone will sell for and what someone will pay for it. Land along Hwy 285 prior to the market crash with the prospects of two major factors, such as the Widening into a 4 lane highway and the possibility of someday having a major Grocery Chain behind the Loaf and Jug had to be determining factors in the value at the time, IMO.

23 Feb 2011 16:54 #39 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic IREA/Dozier Land Deal

towermonkey wrote:

Granny Bea wrote: Mr Dozier stated at the meeting that the land in question was originally owned by his father. Now it is owned by Mr Dozier and one or two sisters.

Well, this is more information than all four pages of this thread combined. If this is how it occurred, I don't see any problem.

agreed good post Granny

23 Feb 2011 17:03 #40 by DaffyDick

Nmysys wrote: I might try to enlighten you as to the history of the land. From what I know of the Dozier family, in 1950 they actually owned approximately 12,000 acres of the area. From what I can gather that encompassed most of the top of Crow hill. The Deer Creek Valley Ranch was the family residence since 1950. Woodside, Mill Iron-D, The Ranchos, etc. were developed by him. The land that the Cemetery is on and where the Cattle are on the South Side, as well as a good part of the Burland area were also owned by the Dozier Family. To make allegations that this land was a speculative sale is ludicrous, but typical of someone looking to find fault in someone like Duke Dozier. At the Tea Party meeting he mentioned that he and his sister made the decision to sell this particular piece of land to the IREA.

BTW the assessed value of raw land is very rarely anywhere near the value on the marketplace to a buyer. Fair Market Value is determined by what someone will sell for and what someone will pay for it. Land along Hwy 285 prior to the market crash with the prospects of two major factors, such as the Widening into a 4 lane highway and the possibility of someday having a major Grocery Chain behind the Loaf and Jug had to be determining factors in the value at the time, IMO.

Now that's what I wanted. Facts. Things that many of us did not know until now.

Please understand, this was not an attempt to find fault in Mr. Dozier. It was merely an attempt to find out what occured.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds