What is My Mountain Town?

20 Jan 2015 09:44 - 03 Nov 2021 10:07 #1 by MyMountainTown
My Mountain Town is a welcoming community website serving the mountain communities west of Denver, Colorado, including, but not limited to: Morrison, Kittredge, Indian Hills, Conifer, Evergreen, Pine, Bailey, Shawnee, Grant, Jefferson, Fairplay, and South Park in Jefferson and Park Counties. You can read a little more about us here.

My Mountain Town can be likened to a community blog, it contains forums. What is a forum?
Definition: medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website. It is a way for members of a community to connect, share information, and find what they need. My Mountain Town has several forums separated by subject in categories to keep the information organized and easier to find later; each has a description to help guide you as to where to post what information. You'll also see ratings for each of the forums' descriptions in 'The Highway' Category - this helps give you an idea of the type of conversations you'll find in that forum, and how to respond when you participate as well. We have a little of everything for everyone!

How does this benefit you?
A community thrives when its members, businesses, and nonprofits all support one anothers' needs and when there is an active flow of communication. We provide a place to share that ‘online’ word-of-mouth that doesn't require signing your privacy away. You only need your email address to register, and we will never sell that information or track you in any way. Your participation here provides some of that valuable information for others in your community - this site is what you make it! Click here to join as a community member, click here to join as a Business, or click here to join as a Nonprofit.

Categories and Forums Index
There are 4 Categories: What's New, The Highway, Life Up The Hill, and Mountain Classifieds. Clicking on the Category links will display only the forums located within that Category. The Forums are grouped under those, and some of those Forums have subforums. They are listed below:

My Mountain Town: What's New Category
My Mountain Town: FAQ Forum
Tutorials and help with all the features and functions on the site! If you have technical questions about how something on the site works, see if we have a topic already started. If not, please feel free to ask! The Highway Category
The Campfire
Sit with friends around the campfire. Talk with your neighbors about local interests and issues. Breaking local news topics and photos. Local questions and more... RATING: PG
The Courthouse
Discussion and debate about politics, current events and science. Can get heated and be aware all opinions are those of the posters and not reflective of My Mountain Town. RATING: PG-13
  • Subforum: The Science Lab
    The place for all things science: news, breaking research, technology, ethics, book reviews, and policy. RATING: PG
The Sports Field
All sports all the time: news, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest and My Mountain Town Fantasy Football League! RATING: PG

The Kitchen Table
Come on in, grab your favorite hot or icy cold beverage and share recipes, kitchen gadgets, and cooking tips, etc. Corridor Restaurant Guide and local restaurant reviews. RATING: G
The Hard Drive
Get your Geek on! Computer discussions including, but not limited to, hardware/software, virus and spyware programs, technical issues, and local phone/internet questions or concerns. RATING: G

The Health Center
Local doctor or dentist recommendations, medical questions, home remedies. Health related issues. Alternative medicine. Let others know about support groups and classes in the area. RATING: PG

Spiritual Cabin
Share your spiritual journey - all faiths welcome! Post workshops and retreats, classes, and meditation gatherings. Prayer Requests and Gratitudes. RATING: G

Family Room
Discuss family issues and things for kids to do in the area. School information shared here. RATING: G ** The Ring - this one is special. This forum is visible only to members when they are logged in, so you must be a member in order to read it. Because this is a forum for adults only, it is not visible to the public, nor are its topics shared in our Recent Topics Feed.
For those with a twisted sense of humor, the irreverent, the rebels, the non-politically correct. Posts from elsewhere on MyMountainTown.com will be moved here when things get hot and heavy. This forum is minimally moderated; there is name calling, profanity, insults, and crude humor - suit up and enter if you dare! Do not enter if you do not agree to the special rules below only for 'The Ring'. NO MINORS.
Enter at your own risk. RATING: R
1. I am at least 18 years old.
2. I understand "The Ring" may include offensive content.
3. I agree to report anything illegal, threatening, or hate speech.
4. By entering 'The Ring' I release My Mountain Town from any liability that may arise from my use of this forum.
5. The Terms of Service still apply.
6. I will NOT, under any circumstances, post personal identifiable information on the site.
Life Up the Hill Category
Scanner & Emergency Info, Weather Forecasts
Accidents, fires, traffic, and other emergency incidents. This forum is for official information from our scanners/news sources; for member conversations about emergency events, go to 'The Campfire' Forum.
• My Mountain Town's Custom daily mountain weather forecasts
• Additional information & useful links: Emergency Page
• Exclusive Hwy 285 & Hwy 73/I-70 Webcams

Community News, Events, and Calendar
Mountain Happenings, Calendar, and Local News. Members: please add your nonprofit & community event information to our Community Calendar!
Pet Park, Ranch & Homestead
Discussion Forum for all animals, large & small, that we love and homesteading at altitude. Report a lost or found pet. Area Non-Profits & Service Organizations
All the Jefferson and Park County non-profits in one handy location! Check out their news, events, services provided, ways you can help, and more.

Outdoor & Colorado Life
This forum is for all things Colorado: outdoor activities & hobbies, vacation, tourism, recreation, and history. Where to go Hiking, Biking, Fishing, Hunting, Rafting, Riding, Climbing, and more. There's no better place to be outside than here in CO!
Mountain Classifieds Category - Free Classifieds Forum for My Mountain Town Members & Businesses! One new post per day per member in this Forum only (replies to questions exempt from rule). 'Subscribe' to your Topic for immediate email notifications of replies.
Free Classifieds for the members of our community!
Items for Sale - Looking to buy or sell something?
Items For Free - Giving away something taking up space in your home?
Items Wanted or Barter - What do you want, or what do you have, that you wish to trade?
Garage Sales - Your biggest Garage Sale sign is right here!!

Businesses: Give our members and guests your discounts, sales, coupons, news, & events.
Members: please leave testimonials for businesses who've done a great job for you!

Free Business & Member Classifieds
Post your items for sale, discounts, coupons, news, & events. List Garage, Yard, and Neighborhood Sales! Jobs and Services
Employment Ads in the Foothills. Post here if you are looking for a job or need to fill one.

Real Estate for Sale and Home Improvement
Mountain land and homes for sale or rent.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2021 21:29 #2 by ScienceChic
I'd like to make a huge welcome to everyone who recently joined! My Mountain Town looks a lot different from Facebook and other social media sites, but has been around for over 10 years with the mission to connect community members, businesses, and nonprofits in mountain Jeffco, Park County and Clear Creek County, and help facilitate the share of information so we can all help one another thrive. It may seem confusing at first, but it's easy to use once you get the hang of it! The best benefit we have over sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is that our Forums are separated by category so if there's something you prefer not to see or read, you don't even have to click to enter that sub-forum and see those posts at all. Each Forum/sub-Forum has a description and rating (G to NC-17/Un-Rated) to give you an idea what it's about and the congeniality level of each so you have clear expectations going in. You can even Subscribe to receive email alerts/notifications of new posts so you don't miss a thing if you wish.

This topic you are reading now describes our each of our Forums/sub-Forums, in which you can reply to, or begin, new topics of discussion. We have several helpful tutorials here in our FAQ Forum, such as How To Start a New Post, How to Upload and Post a Picture , fun Emoticons you can use, Subscribing to a Topic or Forum in order to receive email alerts, and more. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to start a new topic and ask, call us at 720-608-0285 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we'd be happy to help!

This site, this business, is run with an unwavering commitment to being open, fair, equitable and welcoming to all. Like our country, we are a microcosm of the whole and unwaveringly believe that we are strongest in our diversity, unbreakable when we pursue truth, knowledge and justice, unstoppable when seeking understanding and enlightenment, and unbeatable when we treat each other as if we were next door neighbors with good intentions. We will never sell your personal data to others, we hold your right to privacy fiercely, and we do our best to make clear our expectations of you as members while treating you with respect and honesty.

Please make yourselves at home, explore the site, jump in as you wish, and let us kow if you have any questions. On behalf of our staff and volunteers, I heartily welcome you to My Mountain Town!

-SC

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds