Ideas for new name for neighbors helping one another group

14 Aug 2011 19:00 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela
but isn't there still a Pinecam barnraisers? I would think that could confuse folks.

I choose 285Bound 4 Neighbors as it identifies the group with this site. Neighbors helping Neighbors is a good name but is used everywhere. I was thinking something unique to immediately let folks know where to go and who is involved. of course, this is just my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2011 19:16 #12 by Wayne Harrison
Perhaps the two barnraisers will work together at some point ;)

I'd say 285 Barnraisers is taking the high road and not trying to plug a website over the good deeds of neighbors.

14 Aug 2011 19:35 #13 by Mtn Gramma

WayneH wrote: Perhaps the two barnraisers will work together at some point ;)

I'd say 285 Barnraisers is taking the high road and not trying to plug a website over the good deeds of neighbors.

You're joking, right??

I don't care for "barnraisers" because of its connection to PC. I'm with Wily on this one.

14 Aug 2011 19:45 #14 by HEARTLESS
Make it 285 Neighbors helping neighbors.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

14 Aug 2011 20:22 #15 by jf1acai
I like 285 Neighbors helping Neighbors.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

14 Aug 2011 22:57 #16 by ScienceChic
Thanks for starting this thread Wily! (I meant to earlier, but my day got away from me. It's my Dad's birthday today and I didn't even remember/find time to call him either, <smacks head>). I, too, have some hesitations about using the Barnraisers name, as that group was started on Pinecam and they've made it clear to me that they do not wish to share anything with us. I myself like "Bound to Help" best as it's short, sweet, and to the point (or, for a little longer one, "Bound To Help Our Neighbors"). I see nothing wrong with having part of the website name in the title, as the effort is organized and promoted through here, and will only work if 285Bounders pitch in and make it a success! :thumbsup:

Keep the suggestions/votes coming please!!  :Thanks: :sunshine:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Aug 2011 08:59 #17 by homeagain

WayneH wrote: Perhaps the two barnraisers will work together at some point ;)

I'm somewhat
puzzled over that statement. To me,it appears to do EXACTLY the opposite,it is a DIRECT reference to Pinecam and would appear
suspect as a "slam"...... :Whistle

15 Aug 2011 09:46 #18 by Steve-o
As the person who started the original group, I voted for 285 Barnraisers. I believe that most of the people who helped in the recent one here, were the same people who have shown up to the majority of events in the past. The group was never sponsored by any one particular site. There was only one site to post on when I started it. Had there been more, I would have posted on all of them. There is also some infrastructure that MsMAM put in place on facebook to help with the communications which is named 285 Barnraisers.

15 Aug 2011 10:13 #19 by Wily Fox aka Angela

Science Chic wrote: Thanks for starting this thread Wily! (I meant to earlier, but my day got away from me. It's my Dad's birthday today and I didn't even remember/find time to call him either, <smacks head>). I, too, have some hesitations about using the Barnraisers name, as that group was started on Pinecam and they've made it clear to me that they do not wish to share anything with us. I myself like "Bound to Help" best as it's short, sweet, and to the point (or, for a little longer one, "Bound To Help Our Neighbors"). I see nothing wrong with having part of the website name in the title, as the effort is organized and promoted through here, and will only work if 285Bounders pitch in and make it a success! :thumbsup:

Keep the suggestions/votes coming please!!  :Thanks: :sunshine:

If it was just Bound to Help, then it could be any group associated with the "bound" communities. I like that idea.

15 Aug 2011 10:16 #20 by pacamom
Maybe I should change the description on FB.

"Barnraisers A group of volunteers, formed by Steve Kelsey and known as the Barnraisers, help out others in the community with various projects. Kelsey named the group after the Amish barn raisings in which the community gets together to build a barn for one of the community members. The group has helped several people in the Pinecam.com community.(Photo by Cheryl Case) From the Flume: http://www.theflume.com/main.asp?Sectio ... cleID=5735 "

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds