Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you

14 Sep 2011 14:06 #61 by Blazer Bob
Over desert, not in the desert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2011 14:07 #62 by MsMAM

archer wrote: Whatever you do MsMAM, let her know that you are in it for the long haul, nothing says I love you more than showing you trust her and the relationship.

She is already wearing the band that my dad gave my mom. I do trust her. She is amazing. I just am trying to think of something nice.

And of course you all will be invited!! woot woot! Big PARTY!!!!

14 Sep 2011 14:10 #63 by BearMtnHIB

I'm giving you the same advice I gave Viking ...When we need to know how to cook on a hot plate, or "how long do you cook a TV Dinner?", we'll ask..Until then only post on subjects where you have something to offer

People..If youre not happily married, please refrain from posting on this thread

Hey bozo- I didn't see any requirements to post on this thread.

Obey??? H-E-Over-My-Cold-Dead-Body-Double-Hockey-Sticks-NO! "Obey" implies an unequal partnership; I must have someone who respects and values my opinions, and every decision is made together, and that goes both ways or the marriage won't work.

Last I knew they traditionally ask both people to honer and obey. That makes it a 2 way street. That makes it EQUAL. Who on here wants to marry someone who won't honer and respect them?

14 Sep 2011 14:13 #64 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you
I just think the entire concept is absurd.. When you know youre going to be together, you just know it..It' comes on over time and you both just know it..You don't have to make it official with some kind of planned out ritual.

14 Sep 2011 14:14 #65 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you

Vice Lord wrote: I just think the entire concept is absurd.. When you know youre going to be together, you just know it..It' comes on over time and you both just know it..You don't have to make it official with some kind of planned out ritual.

VL, I totally agree.

14 Sep 2011 14:20 #66 by UNDER MODERATION

BearMtnHIB wrote: Hey bozo- I didn't see any requirements to post on this thread.

Obviously, relationships are not your specialty, Bear. Stick to what you know

14 Sep 2011 14:22 #67 by ScienceChic

BearMtnHIB wrote:

Obey??? H-E-Over-My-Cold-Dead-Body-Double-Hockey-Sticks-NO! "Obey" implies an unequal partnership; I must have someone who respects and values my opinions, and every decision is made together, and that goes both ways or the marriage won't work.

Last I knew they traditionally ask both people to honer and obey. That makes it a 2 way street. That makes it EQUAL. Who on here wants to marry someone who won't honer and respect them?

Nothing in the word obey conveys equality or respect. Honor, yes; obey, no. Neither party should expect or ask that of the other if it is truly an equal partnership. Just as I would never just "obey", nor could I ever be with someone who I even remotely expected to "obey" me - I would have no respect for them if they are that spineless. If they have to obey, then trust, honor, and respect are missing, and the marriage is doomed to fail. (And yes, I know people who married for a variety of dumb reasons, honor and respect weren't even part of the relationship prior to the ceremony.)
o·bey (-b)
v. o·beyed, o·bey·ing, o·beys
v.tr.
1. To carry out or fulfill the command, order, or instruction of.
2. To carry out or comply with (a command, for example).

1. submit to, surrender (to), give way to, succumb to, bow to, give in to, yield to, be ruled by, serve, defer to, cave in to (informal), take orders from, do what you are told
submit to rebel, disobey
2. submit, yield, surrender, give in, give way, succumb, cave in, toe the line, knuckle under (informal), do what is expected, come to heel, get into line If you love me you will obey.
3. carry out, follow, perform, respond to, implement, fulfil, execute, discharge, act upon, carry through The commander refused to obey an order.
carry out ignore, defy, violate, disregard, contravene, disobey, transgress
4. abide by, keep, follow, comply with, observe, mind, embrace, hold to, heed, conform to, keep to, adhere to, be ruled by Most people obey the law.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Sep 2011 14:27 #68 by BearMtnHIB
Yep- that's what obey means. And to me it means you have to comply with each other's wishes - or work somthing out so both people are happy. My guess is that many marriages end in divorce because people fail to do this.

Just my opinion.

14 Sep 2011 14:29 #69 by UNDER MODERATION

BearMtnHIB wrote: Just my opinion.

It might have some value if you were happily married

14 Sep 2011 14:41 #70 by homeagain
:biggrin: "something nice"......what does she REALLY like, the mountains,sailing,skiing,football,etc.? Plan a great day around that event
and then someplace quiet and relaxed to say what is in your heart.......favorite flower? favorite color? favorite food? ALL those things
should be brought together for the occasion. And then again, going ontop of a mountain and finding a "to take your breathe away" view
and a bottle of bubbly is about ALL that really matters. Nature,"your choice of diety",what's in your heart.......PRICELESS! :heart: :heart: MANY blessings to your new beginning......MsMam.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds