Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you

14 Sep 2011 12:42 #21 by MsMAM

Science Chic wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: When you are with the right person it does not matter what you do, they know if you mean it. Being the easy soul that i am I think a picnic in the mountains in a very "private" spot would do it for me. I would not want to have something done in front of a bunch of people. Private has some huge advantages.

That's my other pet peeve - doing the big public show. If you ask on the Jumbo-tron at the Broncos game, don't expect that she'll say Yes just to keep from embarrassing you!

Vice Lord wrote: Like I said..It should just come up inthe normal course of conversation..It should never be planned

Yes, it should. Planning can make it even better than it would've been.

LOL - Do you think the Broncos are gay friendly? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2011 12:45 #22 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: When you are with the right person it does not matter what you do, they know if you mean it. Being the easy soul that i am I think a picnic in the mountains in a very "private" spot would do it for me. I would not want to have something done in front of a bunch of people. Private has some huge advantages.

Like I said..It should just come up inthe normal course of conversation..It should never be planned

Kinda like. Hey you got something in your teeth. How would you like for me to be there for the rest of your life to help point that out for you?

14 Sep 2011 12:46 #23 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you
My son in law did ask my daughter's dad out of respect, however he did ask my daughter first.

14 Sep 2011 12:47 #24 by MsMAM

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Like I said..It should just come up inthe normal course of conversation..It should never be planned

Kinda like. Hey you got something in your teeth. How would you like for me to be there for the rest of your life to help point that out for you?

No wonder you are single. :lol:

14 Sep 2011 12:49 #25 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you
I think weddings are stupid. Really stupid..A judge married us and we right to the airport and flew to Maui for 21 days...

14 Sep 2011 12:52 #26 by HEARTLESS
Where did all your hair go VL?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

14 Sep 2011 12:54 #27 by ScienceChic

MsMAM wrote: LOL - Do you think the Broncos are gay friendly? :)

Dunno - Let's help make 'em that way if they aren't already!!! :thumbsup:

MsMAM wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Like I said..It should just come up inthe normal course of conversation..It should never be planned

:lol: Although I thought his comment was pretty funny too! Especially since he'd have to threaten their life to get them to accept! rofllol

Very sweet pic of you and Lil Precious VL! :like: :love2:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Sep 2011 12:56 - 14 Sep 2011 12:59 #28 by UNDER MODERATION

MsMAM wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

I stopped wondering a long time ago.. Viking..When we need to know how to cook on a hot plate, or "how long do you cook a TV Dinner?", we'll ask..Until then only post on subjects where you have something to offer

14 Sep 2011 12:57 #29 by chickaree

RenegadeCJ wrote:

chickaree wrote:

neptunechimney wrote: I am not sure this qualifies and I think it is old school but the first thing to come to my mind is asking the father for his daughters hand in marriage.

Do people still do that? It seemed to work well for me.

Eww. My husband did this. I read him the riot act.

The perfect proposal will be different for everyone. Preferably it will be in a place and time when you are sharing something you both love. A shy person will not appreciate being put on the jumbotron. Mine was on a beach at sunset. I do remember spending half an hour helping a couple at A Basin dig an engagement ring out of the snow after he dropped it. rofllol

So did your Dad "give you away" at the wedding then??? I don't understand why you would read him the riot act. Depending on your relationship with your dad at least. If you hated your dad, I'm sure you wouldn't want, or care about his blessing.

Asking for a blessing afterwards and asking for permission before are two entirely differnet things. What does a guy do if daddy refuses his daughters hand? Should I ask his mommy for permission before I accept? Obviously you understand the concept of being treated as chattel so I won't try to explain it to you. Another example of knowing your intended before picking a method of popping. Some women might find it endearing.

Since you asked, both my parents accompanied me down the aisle, but this woman wasn't given away.

14 Sep 2011 12:58 - 14 Sep 2011 13:00 #30 by UNDER MODERATION

HEARTLESS wrote: Where did all your hair go VL?

I'm not bald..I just cut it short now, that was the early 80's. Nobodys bald in my family..Too much testosterone

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds