Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you

14 Sep 2011 11:15 #1 by MsMAM
Let's hear your ideas on romantic ways to ask someone to get hitched.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2011 11:18 #2 by The Viking

MsMAM wrote: Let's hear your ideas on romantic ways to ask someone to get hitched.

Are you trying to tell us something?

14 Sep 2011 11:20 #3 by Blazer Bob
I am not sure this qualifies and I think it is old school but the first thing to come to my mind is asking the father for his daughters hand in marriage.

Do people still do that? It seemed to work well for me.

14 Sep 2011 11:22 #4 by ScienceChic

The Viking wrote:

MsMAM wrote: Let's hear your ideas on romantic ways to ask someone to get hitched.

:wink:

Being the wino that I am, my personal favorite is a picnic in Sonoma or Napa with an out-of-this-world bottle of wine - there are plenty of isolated wooded areas that are the perfect setting! PM me for exact locations! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Sep 2011 11:29 #5 by MsMAM

The Viking wrote:

Maybe :lol:

14 Sep 2011 11:51 #6 by MsMAM

neptunechimney wrote: I am not sure this qualifies and I think it is old school but the first thing to come to my mind is asking the father for his daughters hand in marriage.

:like:

14 Sep 2011 11:55 #7 by Wayne Harrison
I posted a FB video on my page of one of my friends popping the question over the weekend. They were in a hot air balloon.

14 Sep 2011 11:57 #8 by The Viking

WayneLeeH wrote: I posted a FB video on my page of one of my friends popping the question over the weekend. They were in a hot air balloon.

Is that the one where she jumped?

14 Sep 2011 12:01 #9 by MsMAM

The Viking wrote:

WayneLeeH wrote: I posted a FB video on my page of one of my friends popping the question over the weekend. They were in a hot air balloon.

Is that the one where she jumped?

:lol:

You are not helping me, Viking. BTW - Did you see I got you a Jimmy Buffet ticket?

14 Sep 2011 12:11 #10 by chickaree

neptunechimney wrote: I am not sure this qualifies and I think it is old school but the first thing to come to my mind is asking the father for his daughters hand in marriage.

Eww. My husband did this. I read him the riot act.

The perfect proposal will be different for everyone. Preferably it will be in a place and time when you are sharing something you both love. A shy person will not appreciate being put on the jumbotron. Mine was on a beach at sunset. I do remember spending half an hour helping a couple at A Basin dig an engagement ring out of the snow after he dropped it. rofllol

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds