Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you

14 Sep 2011 14:44 #71 by MsMAM
Yeah - I am so happy!!! I just want something cool, and I am about as inventive as Pacamom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2011 14:44 #72 by pacamom
Camping. It's how you first met. What better way to remember that awesome weekend. Ask her while you are sitting around the campfire.

14 Sep 2011 14:45 #73 by pacamom
If you would let me reply first. These posts would make more sense.

14 Sep 2011 14:46 #74 by chickaree

pacamom wrote: Camping. It's how you first met. What better way to remember that awesome weekend. Ask her while you are sitting around the campfire.

Making s'mores! :heart:

14 Sep 2011 14:47 #75 by MsMAM

pacamom wrote: If you would let me reply first. These posts would make more sense.

Why would I do that? We are currently in the same room talking. :lol:

14 Sep 2011 14:50 #76 by ScienceChic

BearMtnHIB wrote: Yep- that's what obey means. And to me it means you have to comply with each other's wishes - or work somthing out so both people are happy. My guess is that many marriages end in divorce because people fail to do this.

Just my opinion.

But no one really has to comply with any one else's wishes - that control over the other person is an illusion; compromise has nothing to do with obeying. Either they will or they won't, and the difference comes down to respecting and honoring your partner. I suspect that we are merely debating semantics here, my perspective being that "obey" has a negative, unequal, "power" connotation to it, and is mutually exclusive from respect; but in the end, all anyone wants is to be loved, appreciated, have trust, respect, and loyalty, and someone to share their life with. How each couple accomplishes that is as unique as the individuals in the relationship.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Sep 2011 14:51 #77 by pacamom
You are so totally busted. Ya think she doesn't read FB?

14 Sep 2011 14:51 #78 by MsMAM

pacamom wrote: You are so totally busted. Ya think she doesn't read FB?

No biggie - Maybe I better hurry

14 Sep 2011 14:53 #79 by ScienceChic
She isn't friends with 285Bound already is she??!!! D'oh! My bad! : Embarrassed:

Well, that would be a unique way to propose! lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Sep 2011 14:54 #80 by MsMAM

Science Chic wrote: She isn't friends with 285Bound already is she??!!! D'oh! My bad! : Embarrassed:

Well, that would be a unique way to propose! lol

No worries. Paca and I are laughing

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds