Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you

14 Sep 2011 13:50 #51 by BearMtnHIB
A woman proposing to a man is a totally different thing than a man proposing. Men are not the same kind of emotional animals as women.

You may not need to overthink this- men put all kinds of time into the way they propose, hoping to do it right. Many time we are clueless though.

Men are a little simpler when being proposed to- sex usually works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2011 13:55 #52 by MsMAM

BearMtnHIB wrote: A woman proposing to a man is a totally different thing than a man proposing. Men are not the same kind of emotional animals as women.

You may not need to overthink this- men put all kinds of time into the way they propose, hoping to do it right. Many time we are clueless though.

I am a lesbian. I am asking a gal

:lol:

14 Sep 2011 13:56 #53 by pacamom
What? Your a lesbian? Now you tell me. This changes everything.

14 Sep 2011 13:56 #54 by MsMAM

pacamom wrote: What? Your a lesbian? Now you tell me. This changes everything.

Yeah - I felt it was finally time to come out to my BFF

14 Sep 2011 13:59 #55 by Blazer Bob
Still old school, over desert at a fine restaurant.

14 Sep 2011 14:00 #56 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Romantic ways to ask someone to marry you

BearMtnHIB wrote: A woman proposing to a man is a totally different thing than a man proposing. Men are not the same kind of emotional animals as women.

I'm giving you the same advice I gave Viking ...When we need to know how to cook on a hot plate, or "how long do you cook a TV Dinner?", we'll ask..Until then only post on subjects where you have something to offer

People..If youre not happily married, please refrain from posting on this thread

14 Sep 2011 14:01 #57 by MsMAM

neptunechimney wrote: Still old school, over desert at a fine restaurant.

I thought about maybe Ravens and having Victoria do something to help

14 Sep 2011 14:03 #58 by archer
After one failed marriage, and years of raising kids and building a business, I wasn't so interested in trying the marriage idea a second time. What won me over, was not so much being asked romantically, he did, but his giving me his mothers ring......I knew how much he loved her and what his giving me her ring meant......that told me he trusted me, and our marriage, to endure. It's been 10 years, and we both have honored our vows....not to obey....how archaic is that? but to be there for each other in both good times and bad. And we have done that. I still look at that ring and think about the trust he placed in "us".

14 Sep 2011 14:03 #59 by ScienceChic

chickaree wrote: Since you asked, both my parents accompanied me down the aisle, but this woman wasn't given away.

Hey! Both my parents walked me down the aisle too! Cool!

Obey??? H-E-Over-My-Cold-Dead-Body-Double-Hockey-Sticks-NO! "Obey" implies an unequal partnership; I must have someone who respects and values my opinions, and every decision is made together, and that goes both ways or the marriage won't work.

MAM - take her out boating, bring wine and cheese, and pop the question under the warm CO sun!
(And did you get me a Buffett ticket too?! LOL!)

Neptune - that's how I was proposed to - hubby worried through the entire meal that the waiter would run off with the ring; I wondered why he was so relieved when dessert arrived! I don't even remember what he actually said, I could only keep thinking that "my ring's in an apple torte" and that it was going to be a pain to get the sticky stuff off! rofllol I'm so not romantic! I would've rather had a picnic in wine country but the end result was the same.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Sep 2011 14:05 #60 by archer
Whatever you do MsMAM, let her know that you are in it for the long haul, nothing says I love you more than showing you trust her and the relationship.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds