Picnic Dates (Saturday 8/?/11)

23 May 2010 08:54 - 11 Jun 2011 09:56 #1 by CC
We started a little discussion over on Facebook about this so I thought I would bring it over here for you non facebookers... :)
We were throwing out some dates that would work for a picnic for 285bound.com. I have a great yard with lot's of seating. We can play horseshoes, croquet, volleyball or just sit and visit. I can park a boatload of folks in my drive alone. Being outside, we were talking about sometime in the first 2 weeks of August. The weather is somewhat predictable. It sort of coincides with Bailey Days. It is nice and warm.
Any thoughts from all of you about how that time slot might work?
It is also far enough ahead for people to plan around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2010 09:03 #2 by DavisRanch
Does it work for Rockdoc?

23 May 2010 09:05 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Early in August works for me, but isn't that the monsoon season?

23 May 2010 09:05 #4 by jf1acai
August 8 is the Leadville Burro race, part of their Boom Days celebration. Some of us will be kinda busy there, and all are invited to come and have a good time! :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 May 2010 09:16 #5 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Picnic Dates (Saturday 8/?/11)
I believe it does work for Rockdoc. Maybe we could do it on the Sunday after Bailey Days. That way, I will have my sun shelter back. I think we could find enough easy-ups to shelter us if it does rain. I have a couple.

23 May 2010 09:25 #6 by Sunshine Girl
I will have to check Franz's schedule as we've made some changes in the time. If possible we want to go back to the Burro races this year. Last year was our first time and it was wonderful. He had NEVER had a fried thingy (forget the name now :Help: :blondmoment: - like a fried tortilla) anyways he finally had one and loved it! Let me talk with him later and I'll find out for sure, ok? I'm very excited!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 May 2010 09:26 #7 by Sunshine Girl

bandbvh wrote: I believe it does work for Rockdoc. Maybe we could do it on the Sunday after Bailey Days. That way, I will have my sun shelter back. I think we could find enough easy-ups to shelter us if it does rain. I have a couple.

We have one we can bring.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 May 2010 10:42 #8 by pacamom
I would love to come to the picnic, but I can't make it on Aug 1 or Aug 22. Race days. And not burros. :wink:

The llama/burro days in Fairplay are always in July. This is from the Burro Days website "Always held during the last weekend in July, the 62nd Annual Burro Days will take place on Saturday, July 24 and Sunday, July 25, 2010." Guess they didn't check the calendar this year? (Or it could be because July ends on a Saturday.)

How about another weekend in August?

23 May 2010 10:47 #9 by Rockdoc
Hey hotrod, just make a small rally detour. Give me your maps and I'll chart the course. :wave:

23 May 2010 10:50 #10 by jf1acai
Yes, both Fairplay and Leadville base their celebrations on FULL weekends, Fairplay the last full weekend in July, Leadville the first full weekend in August. Gives me a catchup weekend in between this year, so I love it! lol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds