Breaking News - IMHS Criminal Investigation of Stolen Money

16 Dec 2011 22:30 #11 by CC

Going forward, Intermountain Humane Society will, as always, continue our efforts to provide a safe and healthy environment for our animals. It is well recognized, however, that even the best practices by the most experienced staff in state-of-the-art facilities cannot completely prevent such unfortunate situations as we have just come through.

Thank you for your support, patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Dianna Whitlock
Shelter Director

Perhaps this part of a post in that thread may help you Hoot Owl. I found it pretty quickly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2011 04:49 #12 by CC
Good job 285bound and making a video available to the public on this issue.
So many more people have an opportunity to know what is going on in the community with that kind of resource. Thank you.

17 Dec 2011 06:20 #13 by ScienceChic
Here is a link to much improved audio quality: http://alphapixel.com/data/IMHSCriminal ... alized.mp3 A big thank you to xenon who cleaned that up and offered to share it so it can be heard better!

As a historical background, I've gone through and found the previous threads that concern the public issues with the previous board and the current board (they are posted in chronological order, if I missed one, please feel free to add it to this thread!) so everyone can read who made what comments and decide for themselves what to believe/who to support. Apparently, there were deeper problems than just euthanizing cats for a treatable condition and if the outcome of this investigation determines that money was indeed stolen, and who the responsible party(ies) is/are, then this community shall be doubly grateful to the Save Intermountain Animals group who ended up taking over the board and kept them from stealing more from the community that they were supposed to be serving. I firmly believe that if the previous board was still in control, these cats would already be dead.

Let me state for the record here, as I did in the last Pinecam thread cited below (if my post doesn't get deleted, if that happens, I will post the copy I have of it here), that 285Bound exists to serve the community to the best of its ability, we have no agenda, we aren't here to support only a certain group of people that we approve of, organization, etc. We provide the forum where anyone is free to bring up issues to make others aware and discuss them so that action, if any, can be taken. We, the owner and staff, do not control, influence, or encourage flow of discussions, nor do we stifle dissent (as should be pretty obvious from the Courthouse and Ring! :biggrin: ), moderate based on content, delete posts, lock threads, or ban members for their opinions. This current IMHS board has, with its actions, demonstrated trustworthiness, but that does not mean that we won't still expect communication and transparency, as all non-profits have an obligation to do. Just wanted to make that clear. :)

The original announcement on Pinecam Jan 7, 2010
sadness Jan 7, 2010
An OPEN letter to this site Jan 9, 2010
IMHS hit by contagious ringworm fungus - The Flume Jan 12, 2010
Ringworm in Animal Shelters: to treat or euthanize? Jan 12, 2010
Local Vets/IMHS Ringworm Discussion Reference. Jan 13, 2010
IMPORTANT STATEMENT FROM 285bound.com regarding IMHS Jan 20, 2010
IMHS BOD Meeting 2/17/11 Feb 19, 2010
Save Intermountain Animals Updates Feb 21, 2010
IMHS Board Meeting Complete Video from 5/19/2011 May 20, 2010
This Week's Open Board Meeting Dec 13, 2011

Other pertinent threads on Pinecam:
IMHS - All those people who were ticked re euthanasia Jun 21, 2011
New Staff at IMHS - Total Turnover? Oct 3, 2011
Another Ringworm Problem at IMHS? Nov 16, 2011

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Dec 2011 10:37 #15 by CC
I am saddened but not surprised by the comments that prompted you to write such an eloquent response on PC. (Though I was frustrated by the fact that as a banned member of PC, I was unable to read the links that you took the time to research for the post) So much for community service by PC.

I suppose the different mindset here of public information and an ability to discuss it openly and freely here is a concept that will NEVER be understood by a handful of folks there who have controlled the flow of information to the community for quite some time.

I am neither pro or con on the new board. I have had some personal interaction with some of the board in the past.....Some of that was positive in my favor and some was rightful criticism of positions I have taken in regards to how PC has been run in the past. I do know this.....I hold the current President of IMHS in very high regard as he is a man of principals who is not afraid to stand behind what he believes. (Just a personal observation, from years of dialogue on PC.)

Bailey Guns wrote:
I think maybe they have a friendlier audience on another website.

That's probably why the "breaking news"...if you want to call it that...is there and not here.

I found that comment curious when I read it last night. I did not know at that time that the poster was a former VP of IMHS.
Perhaps it really wasn't breaking news to that individual. My question to this poster. As the former VP of IMHS......Why wouldn't you think that almost $22,000 in unaccounted for funds would NOT be important or breaking news.
The great thing about "discussion" forums is that Bailey Guns, as the former VP could have chosen to bring forth an explanation of where almost $22,000 dollars actually is but instead chose to shoot the messenger.

Reading through all these threads last night and today.....I am irritated at some of the expectations that a few folks have about an information flow that they feel is not fast enough for them.
The new board at IMHS has had a lot to contend with in the last few months. I am miffed at the notion that they should somehow stop caring for animals, family and their careers to meet the informational needs of a couple of people in the community who obviously didn't feel that getting that information first hand was important enough to attend a meeting. Other things were far more important in their lives, yet they go to a discussion forum and complain anyway.

As to the notion of board wars.........
This really isn't about which website is better. For me....it is about whether or not information should flow freely and be openly discussed without anyone inserting a particular bias simply because they hold a position of power enabling them to do so.
In order to address the community as a whole.....all voices should be heard. All information should be presented so that the we can come to rational conclusions about what is really happening in our community.

I thank 285bound.com for the opportunity to openly discuss all issues without bias along the 285 corridor.

17 Dec 2011 18:45 #16 by Sunshine Girl
Did I miss it on Pinecam? I don't see anything over there referring to what's going on now. Weird!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

17 Dec 2011 19:40 #17 by Wily Fox aka Angela
saying stolen means concrete evidence of theft. Is that the case? The title of this thread implies the police are involved. I do not see that anywhere.

I know that they had a few folks come and work on the books that did not seem to know about accounting rules. Could it simply be that the funds were accounted for in the wrong accounts?

17 Dec 2011 20:13 #18 by HEARTLESS

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: saying stolen means concrete evidence of theft. Is that the case? The title of this thread implies the police are involved. I do not see that anywhere.

I know that they had a few folks come and work on the books that did not seem to know about accounting rules. Could it simply be that the funds were accounted for in the wrong accounts?

The copy of the letter from the attorney and the video at the beginning spell out an on-going investigation including criminal misconduct.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

18 Dec 2011 00:12 #19 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I see a letter written by current board president, not any statement from a law enforcement agency involved in a "criminal investigation". I am just pointing out that jumping to conclusions and starting a smear campaign on individuals is just plain wrong and I think we, the community, are bigger than that. Show me proof and and guilty vote by a jury and I'll believe the "stolen" accusations. Until then, in my world, the money is unaccounted for and as I stated in my post, I know that they had some less than qualified people doing the books along with some that knew what they were doing.

18 Dec 2011 05:56 #20 by RkyMtnHiIQ

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I see a letter written by current board president, not any statement from a law enforcement agency involved in a "criminal investigation". I am just pointing out that jumping to conclusions and starting a smear campaign on individuals is just plain wrong and I think we, the community, are bigger than that. Show me proof and and guilty vote by a jury and I'll believe the "stolen" accusations. Until then, in my world, the money is unaccounted for and as I stated in my post, I know that they had some less than qualified people doing the books along with some that knew what they were doing.

You can't actually think that the board is going to release a letter that contains misinformation about there being a criminal investigation. Nitpicking the smallest details drives conversations off course - OF COURSE there is a criminal investigation. As there should be - and I, personally, hope they throw the book at the Director. She is a horrible person.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds