Breaking News - IMHS Criminal Investigation of Stolen Money

20 Dec 2011 07:05 #51 by 2wlady
I'm the one who mentioned a Jeffco Sheriff's office person speaking about this. I made sure I read it correctly before I posted. However, every link I look at NOW has no mention of it.

What I have found is a more extensive link from the Flume with Park County looking into the allegations:

http://www.theflume.com/news/article_e0e5e9ea-2a98-11e1-879f-0019bb30f31a.html

The Park County Sheriff's Office is investigating an alleged embezzlement of nearly $20,000 from the Pine Junction-based Intermountain Humane Society.

Kelsey wouldn't identify any suspects to The Flume, but he said all the information that was collected during the audit was turned over to the Park County Sheriff's Office.

Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener told The Flume on Dec. 19 that an investigation into the theft was launched on Dec. 15.

"We are currently investigating an embezzlement case involving Intermountain Humane [Society]," he said.

Because the investigation is ongoing, Wegener said, he couldn't comment further.

So, one hopes that the stolen/missing money is recovered and that those actually responsible, if any, are brought to justice.

Since I'm not a board member and do not participate except donations, I don't know what's going on. And, I feel if you are hearing things from others who are involved, you probably don't know the whole story either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2011 07:25 #52 by Nobody that matters
This is the internet. It operates on the scattergun truth theory.

We post a bunch of guesses, half truths, and innuendo that spans the subject. That way no matter how the story turns out, someone gets to say "I told you so".

Good job people, we've about got the scatter covered. we only need a couple of people to post things like "I'd post, but then they'd find my body floating in the Platte" and we're good to go.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

20 Dec 2011 21:11 #53 by CC
This was an interesting read......

baileyhermit
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote
I am disgusted by this whole potential lawsuit- sending letters out to prev members to "extort" monies from them or else....What is this? A Threat?
What a bunch of cr@%. Seems to me that someone there should have been more responsible instead of threats to some of the people who put their heart and soul (and their own Time and Money and Supplies) into that place.

I smell a rat.

By the way, there is still a donation box at the X clinic for IMHS.
Maybe IMHS should come pick it up since Dr X was given once of these letters.... we may want to steal your money. He is one of the most trustworthy and honest person I know. ARGH

I am fed up with people dredging up the past and continuing the slander and outright abuse of some of these folks. Makes me want to beat my head against a wall.

Grow up.

Last edited by baileyhermit on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... c&start=12

20 Dec 2011 21:42 #54 by jf1acai
WOW!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding that, but seems to be saying that wanting a valid audit trail for funds is a threat or extortion?

Just complying with the law, seems to me.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Dec 2011 21:48 #55 by Blazer Bob
I think it was 7 that teased a story about a local humane society missing funds for tonight's 10pm news.

20 Dec 2011 23:55 #56 by ScienceChic
I didn't see your post until after the broadcast neptune, but here's the story that they wrote: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30 ... etail.html

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Dec 2011 06:04 #57 by CinnamonGirl
Too bad we missed the broadcast. Did anyone see it?

21 Dec 2011 07:02 #58 by CC
There is a video in the link provided to the news story.

21 Dec 2011 07:06 #59 by CinnamonGirl
Nice of 7 news to use the 285bound meeting video without attribution.

21 Dec 2011 07:11 #60 by CC
Seems to happen a lot with that station personnel.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds