Breaking News - IMHS Criminal Investigation of Stolen Money

16 Dec 2011 15:49 #1 by MyMountainTown
Announced at the monthly IMHS meeting last night, a criminal investigation has been initiated concerning over $22,000 in stolen money during the period of January 2010 to May 2011. A letter is being sent to all IMHS members, and the press release is posted below detailing the type of money stolen, the policy changes that the current board has implemented in order to prevent this type of abuse from occurring in the future, whom to contact if you have further questions, and the goal of the Board of Directors to aggressively pursue justice and recover all losses by those responsible, along with video of the announcement. Further details will come from the resolution of the investigation by the sheriff's office.

Edit to add: the audio on the video below has been improved and the video re-uploaded. It was in no other way modified or edited. Our apologies for the earlier poor quality.
[youtube:1kor0qgw]
[/youtube:1kor0qgw]

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2011 16:17 #2 by JMC
Wow! The old board should be held accountable. I would use the word missing rather than "stolen" at least for now.
Good job to get this info out to the supporters.

16 Dec 2011 19:04 #3 by Silent Lucidity
OMG! What kind of a person would steal from the animals?

16 Dec 2011 20:23 #4 by mountaindollar
Having been a long time donor if there is a criminal investigation I think stolen is the correct word. I would hope that before they turned this over to the authorities that they did the homework and stolen is what they came up with.

Sad to say this is happening all over with non-profits!!!

16 Dec 2011 20:31 #5 by jf1acai

Sad to say this is happening all over with non-profits!!!

Both non-profits and profits, I'm afraid. I think the majority are still honest and doing the best they can, but the few con artists give the rest a bad name.

I hope I'm right.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

16 Dec 2011 20:35 #6 by RkyMtnHiIQ
I'm not surprised at all... I had countless dealings with the feral cat/evil witch who ran the place - A HORRIBLE WOMAN. Knowing that the Board fired her warms my heart - finally the 30 cats she put down for no reason have some justice.

16 Dec 2011 21:08 #7 by Hoot Owl
can you provide a link?

16 Dec 2011 21:48 #8 by Silent Lucidity
A link to what? The cats being euthanized? You posted on the "sadness" thread where this was discussed at length.

16 Dec 2011 21:57 #9 by Hoot Owl

RkyMtnHiIQ wrote: I'm not surprised at all... I had countless dealings with the feral cat/evil witch who ran the place - A HORRIBLE WOMAN. Knowing that the Board fired her warms my heart - finally the 30 cats she put down for no reason have some justice.

Siently Lucidity a link to the above post. what horrible woman?

16 Dec 2011 22:17 #10 by CC
T h e w o m a n w h o p r e v i o u s l y r a n t h e s h e l t e r !!!!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds