Breaking News - IMHS Criminal Investigation of Stolen Money

18 Dec 2011 13:44 #31 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143235

Where does that link go on the first post? I can't see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2011 13:51 #32 by CC
I am unclear what you are really asking.

18 Dec 2011 13:53 #33 by CC
If you are referring to the first post on PC......I have no idea. I cannot see it either

18 Dec 2011 13:53 #34 by CinnamonGirl

Becky wrote: If you are referring to the first post on PC......I have no idea. I cannot see it either

Yes, that is what I was referring to.

18 Dec 2011 14:02 - 18 Dec 2011 14:07 #35 by CC
Well....you can bet it isn't link to the thread here LOL. Didn't see anything in the Flume so it must be a news agency somewhere or possibly the IMHS website.....beats me.

18 Dec 2011 14:03 #36 by CinnamonGirl
The Flume takes the weekend off usually. I am sure we will see something next week.

18 Dec 2011 14:32 #37 by pacamom

18 Dec 2011 14:46 #38 by ScienceChic

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: saying stolen means concrete evidence of theft. Is that the case? The title of this thread implies the police are involved. I do not see that anywhere.

I know that they had a few folks come and work on the books that did not seem to know about accounting rules. Could it simply be that the funds were accounted for in the wrong accounts?

Angela, there is no implication - the police ARE involved, hence the criminal investigation. I absolutely will withhold judgement until the outcome of the investigation is completed, but the word "stolen" was used in the title of this thread because the word stolen was used in the press release and knowing those on the board that I do, I know they would not use that word lightly. $5,000+ of personal use on the IMHS credit card is easy to track, what's not known is if that money was paid back and not recorded correctly, as you mentioned, but I'd guess that this board has gone over every record with a fine-tooth comb and that's why their legal counsel recommended that they begin a formal criminal investigation. Over $14,000 in adoption fees seems like a lot to "misplace"; if there are records of adoptions and those who adopted paid, then it remains to be seen where the money went. That will be for the police to find out.

Pacamom, I think they were asking about the PC thread cited. It's to a thread in the Living Room titled "Does not surprise me one bit..."

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Dec 2011 16:01 #39 by Sunshine Girl

CinnamonGirl wrote: Regarding SC's post on PC. I truly believe had this site not been here there may not have been a changeover at the IMHS because few would have known what was going on. PC was not happy that we let this 'scandal' be posted on 285bound.com originally. They had no choice once the professionals and members came out in droves to state how upset they were about what was going on. (And it was pretty much unanimous by all the professionals except the one that ok'd the euthanasia) That is the point of a forum to let their members speak about community issues, positive or negative. I saw those admin and mod members change their stance (a little bit anyway) once it was actually talked about over here and the professionals stated how horrible this was. The back handed comments over there by management about how this new ring worm case was not being posted over here and why is awful. And being censored is not a true reflection of this community.

From what I am seeing, those cats just may have been killed because it would have cost them money. You make the call but controlling what can be seen and said on a forum is part of the problem with all of this and the same back handed comments over there should worry many in your community. 285Bound has never moderated like that. Right is right. I know you all love your community and you should. Do you want the truth according to how the community sees this or what the management of the site thinks is the truth?

This was a huge and important story in the area. There was the press release posted on PC in the originally outbreak issue. But we all knew something was really wrong when the first board declined to put us on their press release list. Look at the hostility on that first video from IMHS. They did not like having everything out in the open.

I am finally going to say this... Shame on you PC management, from day one you have played the victim. You have tried to take advantage every single time something happens by making snide remarks about 285bound.com or even using this last incident to insinuate that 285Bound was not posting info to protect the new board. And I feel that it is projection on your part to talk about a board war, because that may be how you would do it but 285b doesn’t tell people what to say or to be nice. They don't pull posts or information. And because of that it is a true reflection of the community.

May I remind you that every single person over there can sign in, use 285bound.com’s PM system and read all links and posts on this forum. Certain members (decided by a few people) of Conifer, Bailey and Park county that are affected by fires, emergencies and community events, news and issues cannot read any emergency links, cannot contact people for classifieds on Pinecam. The members of the community that post on PC are great people. But it is so upsetting, for me at least, to see these people shut out of this important community resource by the management of PC. And I don't think the members even know about this because you are not allowed to call them out, it will get pulled. That, my friends is not reality. I personally have always taken the role of a community board extremely seriously and taken alot of heat for sticking to my beliefs. I also have seen lots of people stick to their guns and take the heat for believing what they believe and I admire that greatly. It is about the community and not the forum. The forum is here as a service not as an entity to advance any agendas. And should be neutral. That is different from a mod or admin member stating an opinion. We can make the distinction when we post. And do. The only way we moderate is by organizing.

Go ahead come over here and tell me I am wrong. No worries, your post will not be taken down or altered in any way unless you post some personal info. And you can read everything. I will be glad to debate the issue.

Enough is enough. I just can't stand by and say nothing when these animals are concerned. Part of the problem is the club mentality.

This is my personal opinion.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS CG!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

18 Dec 2011 16:20 - 18 Dec 2011 19:34 #40 by Sunshine Girl

Science Chic wrote:

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: saying stolen means concrete evidence of theft. Is that the case? The title of this thread implies the police are involved. I do not see that anywhere.

I know that they had a few folks come and work on the books that did not seem to know about accounting rules. Could it simply be that the funds were accounted for in the wrong accounts?

Angela, there is no implication - the police ARE involved, hence the criminal investigation. I absolutely will withhold judgement until the outcome of the investigation is completed, but the word "stolen" was used in the title of this thread because the word stolen was used in the press release and knowing those on the board that I do, I know they would not use that word lightly. $5,000+ of personal use on the IMHS credit card is easy to track, what's not known is if that money was paid back and not recorded correctly, as you mentioned, but I'd guess that this board has gone over every record with a fine-tooth comb and that's why their legal counsel recommended that they begin a formal criminal investigation. Over $14,000 in adoption fees seems like a lot to "misplace"; if there are records of adoptions and those who adopted paid, then it remains to be seen where the money went. That will be for the police to find out.

Pacamom, I think they were asking about the PC thread cited. It's to a thread in the Living Room titled "Does not surprise me one bit..."

Well said SC. I don't know Di (aka Diane) and have no personal stake in this discussion, but here is what I think:

1) What they did to the cats was unnecessary and disgusting.
2) Pinecam DOES censor EVERYTHING to keep it how they want things.
3) Steve Kelsey seems like a fair and honest man.
4) I'm sure they went through things with a fine combed tooth (edited: fine-toothed combed lol ). Thxs lady.
5) Mistakes can be made and perhaps nothing illegal happened.
6) I am happy that it can be discussed here and the situation is out in the open now.
7) In time, the truth will be known and WE WILL know what the outcome is because of 285Bound.
8) If PC truly cared about their community you wouldn't have to be registered like here where they do care.

Happy Holidays to all of you!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds