Breaking News - IMHS Criminal Investigation of Stolen Money

18 Dec 2011 18:19 #41 by pacamom
SC, the link goes to the thread on PC that you mentioned, but the link on the first post of that thread goes to the High Timber Times which I posted the link to here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2011 19:11 #42 by 2wlady
I never heard of a "fine combed tooth" before, but thanks for the laugh!!!!

I wonder why Jeffco sheriff's dept. is involved, since IMHS is in Park County. Was that poor reporting? Of course, the reporting was pretty weak.

It takes time for a criminal investigation of this sort. I know, because I belonged to an organization where the treasurer took about the same amount of money. It took over two years, from the time the money was discovered missing to taking the guy's plea bargain.

I hope IMHS gets the money back.

18 Dec 2011 19:30 #43 by Sunshine Girl

2wlady wrote: I never heard of a "fine combed tooth" before, but thanks for the laugh!!!!

I wonder why Jeffco sheriff's dept. is involved, since IMHS is in Park County. Was that poor reporting? Of course, the reporting was pretty weak.

It takes time for a criminal investigation of this sort. I know, because I belonged to an organization where the treasurer took about the same amount of money. It took over two years, from the time the money was discovered missing to taking the guy's plea bargain.

I hope IMHS gets the money back.

tongue: Sorry about that.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

18 Dec 2011 19:52 #44 by ScienceChic

pacamom wrote: SC, the link goes to the thread on PC that you mentioned, but the link on the first post of that thread goes to the High Timber Times which I posted the link to here.

Ahhh, I understand now, thank you. I totally misunderstood what they were asking.

2wlady, that was an old saying of my parents. I don't know why it popped into my head now. :) Glad to provide some joy though! lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Dec 2011 07:16 #45 by 2wlady
Hey, we need laughs and that was a really good chuckle!

19 Dec 2011 11:24 #46 by Sunshine Girl
There are some morning that I wake up and feel like I need to comb my teeth before I brush them. Ewwww.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Dec 2011 17:48 #47 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I only read that a law firm is involved. I do not read anywhere that law enforcement is involved. Now a poster has stated that Jeffco is involved? IMHS is in Park County. I am sorry, but some of these things being presented as facts simply don't add to me. What am I missing?

19 Dec 2011 18:12 #48 by ScienceChic
The poster mentioning JeffCo was basing that info, I believe, on the poorly written High Timber Times article. If you watch the video I posted, at the 1:32 mark, Steve talks about moving forward with "criminal charges/criminal investigation". That means law enforcement.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Dec 2011 19:47 #49 by Wily Fox aka Angela
thanks, SC

"moving forward with" does not mean that warrants are issued and that law enforcement is actually/factually engaged.

This is my whole point, people are quickly jumping on the bandwagon and assigning guilt when nothing has "actually" been done except send out a press release and IMHS spending money on hiring a law firm.

Once I see REAL engagement by the police and DA, then I will begin to start paying attention to that. and even then, I still believe in innocent until proven guilty.

I reserve judgement on the entire episode until REAL facts come out.

19 Dec 2011 20:14 #50 by ScienceChic
Innocent before proven guilty, absolutely. But yes, law enforcement has been engaged, only just this month unless I completely misunderstood what is meant by the phrase "criminal investigation", so no they couldn't have gotten to warrants and official charges yet. It will take some time to investigate, hopefully it is thorough and justice prevails. No one has been named, and I wouldn't myself even begin to speculate as that is slanderous and rumor-mongering, and those who know more are forbidden from discussing this case any further. All that is known is that money is missing, credit cards were used improperly, and if the word stolen is used by those bringing the accusation, then it stands to reason that they have good reason to say so as these are people not given to melodrama and haste. I felt it necessary to share the information I received at the same time as news agencies and other IMHS members, as this situation greatly affects our community, but I do await the outcome of the investigation patiently.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds