Breaking News - IMHS Criminal Investigation of Stolen Money

18 Dec 2011 08:18 #21 by CinnamonGirl
Regarding SC's post on PC. I truly believe had this site not been here there may not have been a changeover at the IMHS because few would have known what was going on. PC was not happy that we let this 'scandal' be posted on 285bound.com originally. They had no choice once the professionals and members came out in droves to state how upset they were about what was going on. (And it was pretty much unanimous by all the professionals except the one that ok'd the euthanasia) That is the point of a forum to let their members speak about community issues, positive or negative. I saw those admin and mod members change their stance (a little bit anyway) once it was actually talked about over here and the professionals stated how horrible this was. The back handed comments over there by management about how this new ring worm case was not being posted over here and why is awful. And being censored is not a true reflection of this community.

From what I am seeing, those cats just may have been killed because it would have cost them money. You make the call but controlling what can be seen and said on a forum is part of the problem with all of this and the same back handed comments over there should worry many in your community. 285Bound has never moderated like that. Right is right. I know you all love your community and you should. Do you want the truth according to how the community sees this or what the management of the site thinks is the truth?

This was a huge and important story in the area. There was the press release posted on PC in the originally outbreak issue. But we all knew something was really wrong when the first board declined to put us on their press release list. Look at the hostility on that first video from IMHS. They did not like having everything out in the open.

I am finally going to say this... Shame on you PC management, from day one you have played the victim. You have tried to take advantage every single time something happens by making snide remarks about 285bound.com or even using this last incident to insinuate that 285Bound was not posting info to protect the new board. And I feel that it is projection on your part to talk about a board war, because that may be how you would do it but 285b doesn’t tell people what to say or to be nice. They don't pull posts or information. And because of that it is a true reflection of the community.

May I remind you that every single person over there can sign in, use 285bound.com’s PM system and read all links and posts on this forum. Certain members (decided by a few people) of Conifer, Bailey and Park county that are affected by fires, emergencies and community events, news and issues cannot read any emergency links, cannot contact people for classifieds on Pinecam. The members of the community that post on PC are great people. But it is so upsetting, for me at least, to see these people shut out of this important community resource by the management of PC. And I don't think the members even know about this because you are not allowed to call them out, it will get pulled. That, my friends is not reality. I personally have always taken the role of a community board extremely seriously and taken alot of heat for sticking to my beliefs. I also have seen lots of people stick to their guns and take the heat for believing what they believe and I admire that greatly. It is about the community and not the forum. The forum is here as a service not as an entity to advance any agendas. And should be neutral. That is different from a mod or admin member stating an opinion. We can make the distinction when we post. And do. The only way we moderate is by organizing.

Go ahead come over here and tell me I am wrong. No worries, your post will not be taken down or altered in any way unless you post some personal info. And you can read everything. I will be glad to debate the issue.

Enough is enough. I just can't stand by and say nothing when these animals are concerned. Part of the problem is the club mentality.

This is my personal opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2011 08:48 #22 by Rockdoc
Actually, I had this to say about the moderation on PC back in 2009. Yes, it did earn me a letter reminding me I was not allowed to express my views in this way but that they would make an exception given I had been a good boy for such a long time.

No longer can I remain silent given the most recent turn of events specifically where a poster was chastised for posting pictures of a breakfast and then made responsible for the anal comments of another who insisted on shoving her views down everyone else's throat, What is it with the turn of moderation anyway?

Before I make my comments let it be known that there are a few moderators for whom I have some respect.

Moderation on the Living Room does not warrant my respect. It seems to have taken a turn for the absurd. Specific individuals find themselves in their crosshairs while turning a blind eye towards others. Moderation presently is couched in much pretense in the public domain while behind the scenes the Hitler SS is at work. I used to believe pm's were "Private Messages" but information that has come to light belies that position. Now moderation apparently steps in to monitor pm's as well as threads???? It certainly is advisable to eliminate the "Private" label as it is misleading.

And then there is matter of some long-time members lashing out at individuals who have done nothing but try to smooth over the anal vitriolic diatribe of others. How can such statements be tolerated? Furthermore, it is a sad commentary about the poster's individual character.

I am upset at the lack of integrity and the blatant biased censoring at work. it is childish behavior. NO. I've not been targeted yet, but imagine that this post may well be deleted for it expresses an opinion in defense of what I see as injustice and a total lack of integrity and for not targeting the source of actual evil. So be it. The moderation task should not be entrusted to individuals who can not wield a measure of balance. Certainly few moderators wear a blindfold in their administration. It is a difficult and perhaps thankless task, but that does not render one from being immune to constructive criticism.

18 Dec 2011 10:06 #24 by Mtn Gramma

CinnamonGirl wrote: Part of the problem is the club mentality.

Oooooo -- good double entendre! :thumbsup:

18 Dec 2011 10:23 - 18 Dec 2011 17:35 #25 by Wily Fox aka Angela

RkyMtnHiIQ wrote:

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I see a letter written by current board president, not any statement from a law enforcement agency involved in a "criminal investigation". I am just pointing out that jumping to conclusions and starting a smear campaign on individuals is just plain wrong and I think we, the community, are bigger than that. Show me proof and and guilty vote by a jury and I'll believe the "stolen" accusations. Until then, in my world, the money is unaccounted for and as I stated in my post, I know that they had some less than qualified people doing the books along with some that knew what they were doing.

You can't actually think that the board is going to release a letter that contains misinformation about there being a criminal investigation. Nitpicking the smallest details drives conversations off course - OF COURSE there is a criminal investigation. As there should be - and I, personally, hope they throw the book at the Director. She is a horrible person.

People jump to conclusions all the time without evidence and make harmful statements without proof. I am trying to inject some common sense and factual observations. You on the other hand, seem to have a personal issue with Di. I see you as the one that is hell bent on committing libel here. Until the results from law enforcement prove the claims, I remain open.

edited to include post I was responding to. It seems like an active period of response and the post that I thought would be directly after the quoted post here, ended up being much later in the thread. Just wanted to make it clearer.

18 Dec 2011 10:31 #26 by CC
Who is "you"
Who is "Di"?

Who has made libelous statements?

18 Dec 2011 10:47 #27 by CC
Perhaps you should call their attorney as has been suggested.

John Zakhem
Zakhem LLC.
700 17th St 20th Floor
Denver CO. 80202
303-228-1200

18 Dec 2011 11:13 #28 by CC
....and now the choir begins.......

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... c&start=12

Circle the wagons. Shame people into silence. Bully them into stopping any discussion that makes a few uncomfortable. Talk about a "dark underbelly".

For me.....until the Sheriff's Dept has come to the end of an investigation.....it is just an accusation. Does that mean that people should not speak of this at all (The PC way).....absolutely not!

And Angela....I have reread this thread several times and don't see one statement that could be deemed libelous....(a legal term I am very familiar with)

18 Dec 2011 12:01 #29 by Cheap Yankee

Becky wrote: Perhaps you should call their attorney as has been suggested.

John Zakhem
Zakhem LLC.
700 17th St 20th Floor
Denver CO. 80202
303-228-1200

I'm considering doing just that.
But how much will IMHS be charged for their attorney fielding each phone call from concerned community members? I imagine most inquiries will be met with "we cannot share those details", "this is an ongoing investigation" or some other canned response of non-information and then a bill is submitted to IMHS.
Lawyers aren't cheap. I hope this doesn't empty the limited coffers of IMHS.

18 Dec 2011 12:07 #30 by CC
Agreed.
I am happy to wait for the police investigation to be completed but I think a handful of folks do believe they are somehow entitled to more information or have elevated themselves to such a status that they need to control what the public hears.
The address was posted in the letter on the first page of this thread from IMHS. (That is where I found the info)
I do hope folks will think long and hard before using it.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds