Elk Creek Fire demonstrating high level of competence

28 Mar 2012 10:54 #1 by ElkCreekFireDepartment
You would be correct to say the Lower North Fork Fire was a surprise to everyone. However, if you constantly study the probability of an event, and train to respond to it, even if you don’t know where or when it may happen, you cannot be truly surprised by it.

Elk Creek Fire Department, because of their constant training and vigilance has risen to the occasion, and is now demonstrating an extremely high level of competence and expertise. Elk Creek Officers and Firefighters have been working in cooperation with other departments and agencies to bring this situation under control from the start.

In a disaster it is difficult to find anything to be grateful for, but in this instance; I believe the residents of the Elk Creek Fire Protection District can take pride in the way their Fire Department is conducting its self.

Michael Davis, Elk Creek Firefighter - Public Information Officer

In case of emergency, please dial 911.
elkcreekfpd.colorado.gov/
Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram
303-816-9385 (Office Hours M-F 8:00-4:30)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2012 11:27 - 28 Mar 2012 12:46 #2 by ElkCreekFireDepartment
You would be correct to say the Lower North Fork Fire was a surprise to everyone. However, if you constantly study the probability of an event, and train to respond to it, even if you don’t know where or when it may happen, you cannot be truly surprised by it.

Elk Creek Fire Department, because of their constant training and vigilance has risen to the occasion, and is now demonstrating an extremely high level of competence and expertise. Elk Creek Officers and Firefighters have been working in cooperation with other departments and agencies to bring this situation under control from the start.

In a disaster it is difficult to find anything to be grateful for, but in this instance; I believe the residents of the Elk Creek Fire Protection District can take pride in the way their Fire Department is conducting its self.

In case of emergency, please dial 911.
elkcreekfpd.colorado.gov/
Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram
303-816-9385 (Office Hours M-F 8:00-4:30)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

28 Mar 2012 11:27 #3 by TPP
Why was this lady told to stop calling. I'am not blaming elk creek but WTH? is the dispatcher thinking?????
“The third time I called I got to dispatch again. The woman was very rude,” says Olson. “She’s really rude and she said there’s nothing going on. You’ve got to stop calling.”
http://kdvr.com/2012/03/27/video-from-inside-the-fire-family-flees-the-flames/

28 Mar 2012 12:27 #4 by BearMtnHIB

ElkCreekFireDepartment wrote: You would be correct to say the Lower North Fork Fire was a surprise to everyone. However, if you constantly study the probability of an event, and train to respond to it, even if you don’t know where or when it may happen, you cannot be truly surprised by it.

We are aware that LE has taken authority over for this incident- and Public Information Officer's are filtering the information we are getting. That's all fine and dandy- but Mr. PIO- know this.....

We are watching and listening to everything that is going on- not just the filtered information coming from PIO's. Incidentally- I think Elk Creek is doing a good job here for the most part- the best our money can buy!

I do have a concern though- the man who is missing his wife- you guys need to find her. This man is seriously distraught and his wife is missing- she's out there somewhere. I was listening to the LE command on MAC1 last night- you may know that this man's two sons got around the LE roadblock and started looking for their mom in the burn area. I heard the LE commander call those two "nitwits" and guess what- 400 other people heard it too!

LE and you guys need to look for her till you find her damnit- don't stop till you get the damn job done. Day and Night- 24/7. If my mom were lost in the woods- you can be GODDAMN sure I'd be out there looking for her - and LE can shove their attitude up their asses.

You guys better know this- I had 1344 listeners on my scanner feed- the truth gets out no matter how hard you try to filter it. It was the most listened scanner feed in the country.

We are watching you.

28 Mar 2012 12:35 #5 by MountainRoadCrew
Two similar topics were merged into one. Thank you Elk Creek for your posts.
:thumbsup:

28 Mar 2012 12:38 #6 by JSG
The fire department's job is not search and rescue and she's not lost in the woods.

If they go around roadblocks into a fire with zero containment, they are nitwits.

28 Mar 2012 12:46 #7 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic Elk Creek Fire demonstrating high level of competence
Wait a minute
their mom is missing JSG.
You don't think they should be shown some compassion and professionalism?

28 Mar 2012 12:48 #8 by BearMtnHIB
JSE- have you ever had a mom- or were you raised in a barn with orphans?

You are a classless nobody. Please get lost in the woods- we will turn you're fate over to the Jeffco Sheriff.

28 Mar 2012 12:57 #9 by JSG

Please get lost in the woods- we will turn you're fate over to the Jeffco Sheriff.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback and criticize when *you're sitting in your comfy house listening to part of what's going on over the radio. The other part you can't hear. You know, where they actually TALK to each other off the radio. It's another thing to be boots on the ground and actually be part of trying to help *your community by risking your life. Did you also hear the deputy caught in the fire in a broken down vehicle, calling for help while he was looking for people who needed help? Did you hear another deputy risk his life to rescue his partner?

Kudos to both the firefighters and the sheriff's office for the tremendous job they did and are doing.

(the correct use of your and you're, BTW).

28 Mar 2012 13:11 #10 by BearMtnHIB
I did hear the guy when he got trapped- he drove his truck into a ditch.

The fire crew was only 25 feet away- he couldn't see them.

And I have been boots on the ground- have you?

I will kiss their ass with compliments when it's clear this thing is over and they actually have done a good job- when they are not doing a good job I will tell them that too. It's too early to say one way or the other. One thing for sure- we pay them to do this job and it's costing us a fortune.

You can bake them a pie if you want though.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds