Elk Creek Fire demonstrating high level of competence

28 Mar 2012 13:22 #11 by JMC
I, for one, think this dialogue is helpful. I hope Elk Creek fire stay's engaged with the discussion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2012 13:28 #12 by JSG
I think right now they've got more important things to take care of than responding to armchair criticism three days into a fire that's still zero contained.

28 Mar 2012 13:35 #13 by Photo-fish

JSG wrote: The fire department's job is not search and rescue and she's not lost in the woods.

Agreed.

A team of 32 search and rescue experts with six scent dogs will be looking today for the woman who is reported missing in the Lower North Fork Fire.

The Urban Search and Rescue Crew, made up of members from Colorado, are at the fire area and ready to search for the woman, said Jacki Kelley, a Jefferson County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.

A lot will depend on the fire's behavior today, as to whether the search team can get back inside the fire zone safely.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20272546/colorado-wildfire-elite-search-and-rescue-team-looking-woman-missing#ixzz1qQR8uURa

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Mar 2012 13:46 #14 by JMC

JSG wrote: I think right now they've got more important things to take care of than responding to armchair criticism three days into a fire that's still zero contained.

Agree also but they also have a responsibility to be engaged with the community they serve. They can post that they did a good job, and i may agree, but don't shrink when the community asks questions.
If you are looking for unconditional acceptance, there is Pinecam.

28 Mar 2012 13:54 #15 by JSG
I agree. I also thought the "We're really competent" initial post was ill-timed, given they don't have a handle on this fire. I would have rather have seen a post from them that said, "We've spent this many man hours so far, we have this many volunteers working and this much equipment..." Sort of a status update.

I was shocked to read criticism of the firefighter's response the first day of the fire. Those are our neighbors out there, folks, doing the best that they've been trained to do working for little or no money. They need our support right now, not our armchair quarterbacking.

28 Mar 2012 14:05 #16 by BearMtnHIB
I personally don't think there are more important things to do - this lady could still be alive out there- and if not- the family needs to know that too.

A firefighter or EMS or Law enforcement officer has no more important task - than to save a human life. They also are tasked with putting out this fire. They need to do both.

I have more than a few years of experience witnessing how "protocall" gets in the way of getting the job done. There is no higher priority than the bottom line- a human life.

There was no-one looking for this lady last night when her two sons went looking for her- they have every right to look for their mom- I would not hesitate to ignore their order to stay out of the area. Their rules would mean nothing compared to the life of my mom- and hearing Jeffco disregard them as "nitwits" proved to me who the real nitwits are here.

I'm not criticizing Elk Creek- I know who made the nitwit remark- it was LE. I'm just saying that we are watching- and listening.

And I totally agree- If you are looking for unconditional acceptance, there is Pinecam. Communication from the community is sensored there- which is why I posted here.

I'm glad to see they have a search going for her now- even if it is 48 hours late.

28 Mar 2012 14:36 #17 by LolasDad
Sir, you may have been "boots on the ground," once upon a time, but today you are just a high wind blowing.

It appears you are implying the local fire department is "costing a fortune." I'd remind you that those brave men and women are mostly volunteers. Out there risking their lives so you can sit and write snide remarks about them from the safety of your easy chair.

If you feel so strongly, "Mr. Boots on the Ground," get off your ample sized key board, and go help someone. This is a community in need, and the last thing it needs are blow hards like you sowing discontent.

Like they say: Those who can do. Those who can't coach.

28 Mar 2012 14:53 #18 by BearMtnHIB
Thanks for the coaching lesson LolasDad- you are the blowhard.

I've done my part- and I do my part.

And they are costing us a fortune- except for the volunteers.

I earned the right to my opinion- piss off!

28 Mar 2012 15:04 #19 by LolasDad

BearMtnHIB wrote: Thanks for the coaching lesson LolasDad- you are the blowhard.

Awwww. You have a wonderful day too sir. It's always a pleasure debating someone blessed your undeniable high level of intellect and enthusiasm. LOL

28 Mar 2012 15:09 #20 by LolasDad

BearMtnHIB wrote: Thanks for the coaching lesson LolasDad- you are the blowhard.

PS: I'd love to continue this discussion, but unlike you, I'm going to get off my rear end and go and do something to benefit the people of the community. You just there and pound your chest. Oh, and if you give yourself a heart attack; call those firefighters you despise so much. They'll risk their lives to save even a miscreant like you.
Ta ta now Mr. Boots.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds