Urgent Care up here

16 Jul 2010 18:02 #1 by Cupcake
Urgent Care up here was created by Cupcake
I'd always wondered (not enough to investigate, obviously) where I'd go if there was a minor medical emergency - like a broken arm, a wound needing stitches, etc. I figured I'd have to go down the hill.

NOT SO !!!

Today I discovered that Conifer Medical Center can stitch ya right up, or take care of a fracture. I had discovered it this morning as I was reading their website, preparing for my first doctor appointment there.

Good thing, 'cuz an hour later, somebody needed about 17 stitches, and I knew right where to take him!

They're open 7 days a week, too.
Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm
Sat: 8am-5pm
Sun: 9am-4pm

They appreciate a call before you rush right in (we didn't have time for that). 303-647-5300. They're also on call 24 hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 18:07 #2 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Urgent Care up here
This is where our family goes and they ARE BEYOND WONDERFUL! The staff there really goes above and beyond in our experiences with them. Just today our little one needed to be seen right away. I called at 2:30pm and they said we'll see you at 3:15. The got her right in, calmed her fears, were gentle and quick, and we were on our way. Many thanks to them all for the extra mile today and always!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

16 Jul 2010 18:21 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Urgent Care up here
There's another reason to call ahead, as I recall -- because of insurance coverage.

Someone can correct me, if I got this wrong...

If you call ahead, it's considered an appointment. If you walk in, it's considered an emergency room visit.

We're very lucky up here to have Sunday medical coverage up here.

16 Jul 2010 21:16 #4 by Cupcake
Replied by Cupcake on topic Urgent Care up here
Both my appointment and the emergency visit (where we didn't call ahead) were the same copay as an office visit. But it could be insurance-dependent.

16 Jul 2010 21:28 #5 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic Urgent Care up here
I love them for this...they have everything! I just wish we had something up here for after hours!

16 Jul 2010 22:34 #6 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Urgent Care up here
Also I believe they are open until 8pm M-F and are open limited hours on Sat and Sun. Awesome!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

18 Jul 2010 11:12 #7 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Urgent Care up here
This is good to know! I believe the hours are the same as the Urgent Care centers in Denver altho (from experience) I know the Denver locations will stay open later (Sat's and Sun's) if need be. They might up here too if you call ahead. Again good to know!
Thank you!

18 Jul 2010 15:05 #8 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Urgent Care up here
I have used Conifer Medial for my migraine headaches (they have a wonderful staff) however, they can only treat so much. If my last pain shot would not have worked (I had to have two injections along with migraine pills), I would have had to gone down the hill to the emergency room as they said because they had done all that they could.

18 Jul 2010 15:58 #9 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Urgent Care up here
I like them too, its the place on Pleasant Park Rd. right?

Went there a couple years ago for an ear wax buildup, very quick and professional, with an appt. Paid cash and was very reasonable. I even mentioned that at checkout, and they said, well we can charge you more if you like. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 Jul 2010 16:00 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Urgent Care up here
You know it surprises me that this is not a news story. There is alot of population in the 285 area. I can't believe there is no emergency services or a hospital.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds