Deer Creek Principal

27 Apr 2014 22:52 #11 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Deer Creek Principal
OK Sybil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2014 07:56 #12 by FOS
and Sybil.......Apparently the Principal was on admin leave but returned on Thursday of last week.
I am awaiting a return call from the district to find out why.
It is disappointing that parents would not be informed of this or that no information has been readily available on this issue.
Seems a little serious to me when an administrator such as a principal is put on leave and no one told.
The reason could be totally unimportant but the fact that tax payers and parents would not be kept informed suggests a lack of transparency.
As a tax payer and grandparent.......that is not necessarily OK with me.....just sayin'.

edited to add......
Spoke to Dr Walpole this morning.....his response....."He was gone and now he is back"
He would offer no explanation other than it was a personnel matter. No comment.

28 Apr 2014 08:59 #13 by FOS
And just a reminder..... Part of the beauty of community websites like this is to inform the public about issues occurring within the community and to discuss those issues openly and honestly.
YOU SYBIL......do not set the community standard here, nor do I. Get over yourself.

28 Apr 2014 09:14 #14 by FOS

Cathy_Lee wrote: Second-hand information is always good....

Have you tried asking a parent or PTA member? Maybe hang around after school and ask the parents picking up their kids? How about calling the school district?

Looking at the website, I see the school board has an executive session to discuss a personnel issue on Tuesday. Perhaps it is related?

I did try several parents and they had no information on this.

28 Apr 2014 09:37 #15 by FOS
Here is why I am bothered by all of this.....

http://archive.9news.com/news/story.asp ... ryid=64196

An investigation by the Park County Sheriff’s Office into the incident on October 12, has unveiled Orcutt’s past and that he was asked to leave Jefferson County Schools in April 2003 for “sexual contact with female students,” records show. He was also banned from coaching there for the same reason. Orcutt retired from Jefferson County Schools in August 2003.

He went on to teach at a Douglas County charter school from 2004 to 2006 before being hired by Platte Canyon High in the fall of 2006.

Orcutt has twice been the focus of criminal investigations for sexual contact with female students, yet no charges have been filed. Even though he retired from Jefferson County Schools after being put on leave there, Platte Canyon School Superintendent Jim Walpole said he did not know of that situation.

Now, granted, this situation is probably not of the nature of the article above but the lack of transparency in a district that has not always done it's due diligence in the past leaves one to wonder.

I can't speak for anyone else but last I looked....this is a public school funded with tax payer dollars and the public has every right to know what is occurring within it's boundaries.

28 Apr 2014 09:50 #16 by Beeks
Replied by Beeks on topic Deer Creek Principal
Like it or not, none of us are entitled to know about personnel matters.......

28 Apr 2014 10:51 #17 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Deer Creek Principal

Beeks wrote: Like it or not, none of us are entitled to know about personnel matters.......

:banghead: Really? If your kids have a pedophile principal, you shouldn't be allowed to know because it is personal?
Coverups like this got the Catholic Church in a lot of trouble. Big organizations first instinct is to cover up anything that might make them look bad.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Apr 2014 11:05 #18 by Cathy_Lee
Replied by Cathy_Lee on topic Deer Creek Principal
Talk about escalating the situation. The principal is already back at work, so I think you can dispense with the fear mongering of a "pedophile principal." I wouldn't blame him if he sued your a**.

Yes, I believe personnel matters are private (even in public schools), unless they involve criminal activity. But that doesn't stop some people with nothing better to do from speculating. Some people in the community just love juicy gossip and love to spread it around, even if they're not sure exactly what they're talking about.

28 Apr 2014 11:41 #19 by FOS
Just want an assurance that my grand children are in good hands is all. No juicy gossip.....just a question that everyone refuses to answer.
The district could issue a simple statement and resolve many questions.

28 Apr 2014 11:59 #20 by FOS
After 35 plus years of dealing with the public school systems both Jeffco and Platte Canyon through 4 children and 7 grandchildren, one should never assume that your children are absolutely fine and proceed to walk away from asking any questions or remaining involved in what goes on each day that effects their well being.
Those that do so are abdicating their responsibility to promote the best possible outcome for your children (IMO)
Just thinking out loud but it is the above mentioned mentality that helps breed what is going so wrong in our society today.
This started out as a simple question to parents and community as to what was going on in one of our schools. It turned into a mud slinging fest and personal abuse thread for a few.
I get a little pissed off when I ask a simple question to a public official and get told to basically pound sand.
Not good PR from my perspective.
Exactly why the Principal was placed on leave may not be my business but the assurance that whatever the reason, our children are not affected by it is a question I think they should answer.
You can't just quietly sweep it under the rug and expect EVERYONE to just sit quietly.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds