Deer Creek Principal

25 May 2014 15:58 #61 by Nobody that matters

ScienceChic wrote: I disagree that it's being nosy if it's something that involves your kids,

There needs to be a certain level of faith in the school board. If he was suspended and it involved a kid they have to go public with it. If it was false, or didn't put anyone in any danger then he has every right to keep it private. Silence from the board means it needed to be private.

Have a little faith in the people running the schools to tell you what they need to tell you.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2014 16:00 #62 by Nobody that matters

Beeks wrote: He was on Admin leave the last two weeks, how's that for factual....

And there's the answer to the original post.

Yes. He was on leave.

25 May 2014 17:13 #63 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Deer Creek Principal

Nobody that matters wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: I disagree that it's being nosy if it's something that involves your kids,

There needs to be a certain level of faith in the school board. If he was suspended and it involved a kid they have to go public with it. If it was false, or didn't put anyone in any danger then he has every right to keep it private. Silence from the board means it needed to be private.

Have a little faith in the people running the schools to tell you what they need to tell you.

And I run on a slightly different belief: "Trust, but verify." It saves one from both innocent misunderstandings and from intentional deceit, and applies to everything as simple as making sure plans I've made with a friend a month ago are still on for this weekend or if something's come up & we need to modify to claims in news stories to what's happening at local organizations that is, and is not, being stated. Considering the number of illegal activities that are concealed every day, from businesses to churches to schools to government to homes, I believe we have every right, if not responsibility, as tax-paying, voting citizens to be skeptical and question what's going on. Does that mean we are owed an explanation every time, or that there's always something nefarious happening? No, certainly not. But there's nothing wrong with asking a question and searching for answers.

The original post was not conjecture, it was not defaming anyone, it was merely a question asking about a situation here in our community and that is one of the purposes of community forums such as these - we live here, we work here, we know what's going on, and when something happens, we get it out in the open and talk about it if need be, offer to help, and make things better for our own community. The OP has stated that they've followed up with the Superintendent, will attend a board meeting, PTA meeting, has called the school, etc - they've attempted to verify from the source rather than speculate with second-hand information and gossip. We've seen follow-up news stories, which are also helpful. I see nothing wrong with any of that. I do see that other posters were assuming more than that, either because of previous bias with the OP, or because they want to stir up trouble, as they keep re-hashing the same crap with people they don't agree with. That, too, is the nature of local community boards when we get to know one another, much like high school there are perceptions people will form of others that will never go away, no matter how anyone has changed over time.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 May 2014 17:42 - 25 May 2014 17:58 #64 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Deer Creek Principal
Wouldn't make more sense to debate the issue within the community rather than try to silence someone with a letter to their employer? Yeppers....Here we go again.
If you can't bully someone into silence verbally here....send a fax to their boss and try to silence them that way.
As I said before.....an attempt at the worst kind of censorship.

edited to add.... I have 3 grandchildren attending Platte Canyon Schools
Two of my children are Platte Canyon graduates.
I am a tax paying citizen in this district.
I made numerous attempts to find out what was going on with no success before I posted an inquiry here.
Both parents of those children had no idea what was going on.
All the district had to do was issue a letter or statement to the fact that the Principal was on leave and that the children were not in any way affected.
Because I cared enough to try and ascertain some facts.....someone felt they had a right to attempt to harm my job.

25 May 2014 17:56 #65 by Nobody that matters

Mary Johnson wrote: Wouldn't make more sense to debate the issue within the community rather than try to silence someone with a letter to their employer? Yeppers....Here we go again.
If you can't bully someone into silence verbally here....send a fax to their boss and try to silence them that way.
As I said before.....an attempt at the worst kind of censorship.

What are you talking about? There's been no censorship in this thread.

You talking about another fax to someone's boss, or just dredging up the past?

25 May 2014 18:00 #66 by FOS
Nope....a brand new fax to my employer
and as I understand it....these have been going out to more than just my employer.

As I said....the worst kind of attempt at censorship.

My opinions here have nothing to do with my job performance.
I have a 1st amendment right to post my opinion and that will NOT be infringed upon by some crack pot who has the integrity and courage of piece of poo.

Nobody.....Your right....this website has held true to it's promise to not censor dialog here but a member attempted to do so by a completely low life attempt to silence someone a different way.

25 May 2014 18:25 #67 by FOS

Nobody that matters wrote:

OK......

http://www.9news.com/story/news/educati ... t/9346257/

25 May 2014 20:21 #68 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Deer Creek Principal

I have a lot of faith, based on many situations exposed in the last few years, that public employees, at all levels, will tell us only whatever makes them look good, regardless of what the public really should know.

The only way we can keep them anywhere close to honest is by continuing to question them in public, IMO.

Also, I think that taking a disagreement on a community forum to an individual's employer in an attempt to imperil their employment is even lower than I would expect from a politician or lawyer, and I think they are lower than catfish.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

25 May 2014 21:06 #69 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Deer Creek Principal

jf1acai wrote:

I have a lot of faith, based on many situations exposed in the last few years, that public employees, at all levels, will tell us only whatever makes them look good, regardless of what the public really should know.

The only way we can keep them anywhere close to honest is by continuing to question them in public, IMO.

Also, I think that taking a disagreement on a community forum to an individual's employer in an attempt to imperil their employment is even lower than I would expect from a politician or lawyer, and I think they are lower than catfish.

:like:

26 May 2014 07:45 #70 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Deer Creek Principal
I think THIS quote says it all..."A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth"..A. Enstein

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds